Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Lots of New Freebies from PMDG! (Sound & Liveries!)

Captains!One of you pointed out in a post below that "PMDG Announcements are like busses: None for a long time, then they all come at once!"How true... hahahhahahaha.......We have eight new freebies for you in the download library:First, the new PMDG 747-400/400F Universal Sound Update that you have all been waiting for! This file was released yesterday, but I've been busy updating the base installes to include the new sound package so I haven't had a chance to make a formal announcement. This work was put together by the newest member of the PMDG team, Armen Cholakian, and we think really adds a new level of quality to your Queen of the Skies experience!Armen is already hard at work on the sound conversion for the 400/400F for FSX- as the sound process in FSX is entirely different as he mentioned in a post below...This sound update is free to all PMDG customers!I have also just finished uploading seven new liveries for both the PMDG 747-400 and 400F airplanes and thought you might like to know about them:New 400F Liveries:==================VC25A Livery: Pete did this one at my request. Just hide your winglets using the PMDG Options menu and you have a reasonable replica of this famous airplane, even if she isn't a 400. ;-)DHL Worldwide Express: Nice looking Roller Powered 400F in yellow!Cathay Cargo (Naked!): This is a nice rendition pete has done of the unpainted and rather bare looking Cathay Cargo 400F.New 400 Liveries:=================Cathay Cargo PCF (silver) Rolls Powered: This is the long promised Passenger-to-Cargo Conversion done by Cathay, stripped of paint and bare looking.Cathay Cargo PCF (white) Rolls Powered: This is the first PCF put into operation by Cathay. Cathay Cargo PCF (silver) Pratt Powered: Same as the top one- but with Pratt power!Japan Airlines (Old Colors): Dirty looking JAL airplane in the old colors.I think we have a few more 400 liveries kicking around that I haven't built but I'm not sure. If I can find them- I'll be sure to build and upload shortly....So things may appear to have been slow- but we do have quite a bit going on behind the scenes that we'll show you in no time at all!Enjoy your weekend!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

:-) Thank you Sir !Nice week-end in sight indeed. So, to sum it up: thanks Pete, and a warm welcome to Armen (I've already gladly exchanged few posts with him earlier today about his nice work on the sound update)Best,

Guest SAS449

:-) This is just like Heinz ketchup! Except for the uncountable numbers of varieties, it's like the glass bottle (not the glass cockpit). First comes nothing, then comes nothing and then - when you punt it in the bottom, everything pours out. I don't complain! Not with the ketchup either. Thanks a million!

Johan-Easiest way to get Heinz out of a bottle is to do the following:1) Take off the cap2) Lift it over your head3) Turn bottle upside down4) Look directly into the open bottleWorks every time....

the Cathay cargo converted airplanes are so ugly, looks like a spare parts airplane :(i mean come on, if your gonna convert them to it all the way and getridd of those windows!

yeah dont get me wrong i have no problem with pmdg making them at all!i just express my opinion about cathays choise to use them :( and how ugly i think they look.but by all means, great job on making them for those who like them heh :(

thanks for the sound update, and the repaints, but I think the Cathay liveries we saw in the screenshots before release were far better than what was released now. I find the repaints way too white and not really silver, and no reflections at all.

Miguel-These seven were the only ones reported to me as "unbuilt." I'll slide a bit more bread and water under Pete's door and see if he recalls any others that should get my attention before I go back to other tasks...

Thanks, Captain, we saw a preview (SIA 747-400 Pax ) from Pete, prior the 747-400F release. It

Thanks guys but where is the default location we need to extract the sound files to?Gerry