Sign in to follow this  
Guest petermm

PMDG General Aviation Aircraft

Guest petermm

What do you think on PMDG making a Cessna 172! I think this would be good for all people who are GA enthusiasts and like PMDG's work

Guest raymondt

Peter,That would make no sense at all. Carenado allready has GA aircrafts with (as I like to call it) PMDG quality. I'm sure PMDG wouldn't feel anything for requests like this. Kind regards,Raymond

However, Garmin is certifying the G700 system to be used in a VLJ (the Mustang I think) that acts a lot like a big iron FMC complete with VNAV... a variant was featured in the current AOPA pilot magazine stuffed into a Cessna T-182T of all things - albeit missing autothrottle that the jet will have. Might be a day when it would be fun to have a VLJ to play air taxi.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest petermm

This is true, but carenado does not make a cessna 172. Flight 1 does, but I feel it is not as nice as it could be. They should make a late 70's 172

>Flight1 does, but I feel it is not as nice as it could be. I disagree. I think it is excellent and hard to beat quality based on my 200+ hours experience in a real aircraft. Also not sure I follow what 'late 70's' has to do with it. Unless you get to a real recent 172 with Garmin 1000, fuel injected, etc. there is little that would make a worthwile difference to a simmer. If PMDG were to tackle a GA aircraft I think they should pick a bit more high performance craft and I won't even volunteer to pick a model since there are so many to chose from.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

>Garmin is certifying the G700 system to be used in a>VLJ (the Mustang I think) that acts a lot like a big iron FMC>complete with VNAV... You probably meant G1000 with G700 autopilot.Quite a few GA already have both - even a tiny Diamond DA40. Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest petermm

The late 70's simply means that there are no GA makers for flight sim who have made a 1970's 172. A 172, not 182. I feel this is a good aircraft and I think that PMDG makes good aircraft so they should try a GA.

>The late 70's simply means that there are no GA makers for>flight sim who have made a 1970's 172. Ok, the Flight1's 172 is fuel injected (version "R") so it doesn't have carburator heat. What else is there different from a typical 172 of the 70's that would justify a completely new simulation?. The engine in the 172R has slightly different parameters, the cabin is also better sound-proofed, not a big deal. Is there any sense to develop a new simulation of a "plain" 172 so someone could have carburator heat to play with (with probably very dubious simulation of carburator ice to start with) or have noisier cabin interior. In my opinion the answer is self evident. ;)Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

No plans to make any GA at the moment, but please don't assume that all we can (or want) to do is hugely complex glass and FMCs...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest petermm

What is the possibility of making a GA like a 172? Why not make one?

Guest Ted_Pan

How about something bushy... like a Cessna 185, Piper Aztec, Grumman Goose or Widgeon?Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

Guest jplieben

I'd be willing to bet that Captain Robert still wants to do the Yak...Jim Liebenstein

This is a strange request. The Flight 1, although I don't have it, looks really good. Being Flight 1, I imagine it's a great aircraft too. The bottom line is, we have a good selection of GA from Dreamfleet, Carenado, and Flight 1, among others.The aircraft that seems to be neglected the most by pay vendors are bush planes and business jets. We have maybe two good bush planes (e.g., DA Do-27). The only business jets are Eaglesoft and one from FeelThere. Those are not up to the level of quality that DF, F1, DA, PMDG, or LDS are.I'm begging DF (Lou) to make the Falcon 900EX he mentioned. PMDG could stand to make a commuter or business jet, but the rest are probably easier than PMDG want to tackle.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Ted_Pan

I agree...A nice PMDG quality Biz Jet would be awesome...Gulfstream, Challenger, Falcon... any heavy iron Biz jet...Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska