Sign in to follow this  
Guest Concordeguy

Speed issue

Guest Concordeguy

>"But do I also need to push LOC? Because my 744 will stray>away from the flightplan, then come back, strayaway,">>LOC is only used for approach. If the 744 is straying away>from the flightplan, it may be a speed problem (flying too>fast for the SID). The SID might not be programmed properly>or.... it may be unsuitable for a 744.>>Cheers.>Q> Well almost All airports I take off from do not have sids. But this happened in mid-flight from TNCM to LFPG.

Hello,why expect people to help with such complex simulation when you can't even sign posts?

Guest samrec

Cristian you can add you name as a signature on your profile so that it shows everytime without you having to remember to type it.You should hit Lnav just before you start push back. while in midflight make sure you are in an intersection course with your Flight Plan route or you won't be able to engage it.As far as the 747 deviating from its course: I had that a while ago and it was due to improper flight plan navpoints. You have to make sure that every reference point: SID,STARS and nav aids are all ok when you import your Flight plan into the FMC, be it via loading an rte file or manually entering the points on the Legs screen.Any error on the FMC will result on an improper FP and will cause erratic behaviour on the plane. Only one you can really ignore is error messages about a runway not on file, usually on the departing airport. I have that problem with Ancorage (PANC) rwy5.Anyways hope this helps. And please do sign your posts.cheers

Samuel: PANC RNW 05 error probably means you have an old or bug in the SIDSTAR file (PANC.txt). Please give my collection of procedures a try, it's free and it includes PANC.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Concordeguy

>Cristian you can add you name as a signature on your profile>so that it shows everytime without you having to remember to>type it.>>You should hit Lnav just before you start push back. while in>midflight make sure you are in an intersection course with>your Flight Plan route or you won't be able to engage it.>>As far as the 747 deviating from its course: I had that a>while ago and it was due to improper flight plan navpoints. >You have to make sure that every reference point: SID,STARS>and nav aids are all ok when you import your Flight plan into>the FMC, be it via loading an rte file or manually entering>the points on the Legs screen.>>Any error on the FMC will result on an improper FP and will>cause erratic behaviour on the plane. Only one you can really>ignore is error messages about a runway not on file, usually>on the departing airport. I have that problem with Ancorage >(PANC) rwy5.>>Anyways hope this helps. And please do sign your posts.>>cheers>>Well I started doing that but whenever I get to my first waypoint (i.e. MERIT), I don't go over it I go to the side and at the topright of my NAV dispaly, the NM to go meter gets farther away. Then after that my LNAV will also turn me around and try to intercept it again. Also, the VNAV function will not come up... I get a message on my FMC saying "PERF/VNAV unavailable...Any ideas?Christian A.

Christian,if you are having problems with VNAV not activating it would be best to do one of the available tutorials. Or did you already do any of those?Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Concordeguy

>Christian,>>if you are having problems with VNAV not activating it would>be best to do one of the available tutorials. Or did you>already do any of those?>>Regards,>MarkusI have done those...

Christian:I have found LNAV to work reliably and predictably. If your is not, please consider a remov and reinstall. LNAV functions simply to connect the dots. With up to date NAVDATA and up to date routes there should be NO issues! Have you made up your own flight-plan and seen if it works correctly? Perhaps you are getting corrupted plans or they are getting corrupted somehow in the download/ upload process.The LNAV logic should take the a/c from WP1 to WP2 to WP3 and so on. Non overflight is acceptable with course cahnges as the FMC will plot a speed/efficiency/comfort course. Other than that- it should navigate from point to point as long as the FP is active (magenta) the LNAV button is lit, one AP is in command and your FMAs are appropriately annunciating.If all this is the case, and you have gone throught the tutorials, please consider the re-install (with validation).Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper