Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

PMDG 747-400X Release and Discount Information!

This really is awesome. Thank you, thank you for all the hard work. The discount is truly over the top. I would have paid full price to support this company especially for all the hard work, but I will take the discount. ;) Download finished. Now to install and fly...

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Enjoy the plane guys! Thanks for your patience on the forum while we sorted out the final issues! We'll be here to answer questions and whatnot, but please do check the two posts we've created in PMDG Ops on the 400X:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/747-4...%26_Performanceandhttp://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_747-400X_FAQIf you don't find an answer to your question there, then post it here. (as a new thread, not in this one please!)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Hocking

Congratulations on getting this product out. However, I am a little concerned on pricing for non-FS9 people who are wanting to buy the PMDG 747 for the first time. Running the 60 Euro price through a currency converter to US Dollars puts the PMDG 747 product at $86 for me. Is this correct by your estimate? This add-on will cost US customers who don't own the FS9 version of this product $86 to buy? It may very well be worth that much, and I am not challenging that at all. But, I must admit that is a little to steep for me to justify paying that much money for an Add-On plane for FSX. I know this isn't your guys fault, but the US dollar is getting hammered right now in the currency markets due to economic trouble in our credit markets, and this really ends up jacking the price of this product way up their for your US customers. It will cost me more to buy this than it did to buy the simulator itself. I may have to wait for the dollar to gain some value before I can afford it.I do hope to own this sometime in the future. Congratulations on getting it finished.Eric

Not to rub it in your face, but the Australian dollar is now just over $US0.91 which is the first time I can ever remember it being that high! I see your point.

Congrats guys! Well done! Can't wait to get it. Looks very good. :-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

OK an obvious question can you use the FS9 tweaks if like me and possibly most of your previous customers you don't have FSX installed? The discount pricing is very tempting but I'm not sure when or even if I will ever get FSX. Thanks.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Looks really great, congrats guys.

Eric,If I may. These things are so personal..its very difficult to tell some ..yeah..its worth that money. Since..value of money differs vastly from from individual to another.If you have never used PMDGs product particularly the 747. Let me tell you. If you are a reasonably passionate simmer, and you are willing to fly the aircraft using the system....then this aircraft is worth the $85 and more. Yes..relatively speaking it is expensive. However, I have seen GA aircraft that has no system .not even a fully functional GPS and just average quality.sell for over $30. IMO, those GA aircrafts are expensive.But if eye candy is your only interest then... this maybe an over kill. We spend $1500-4000 for a PC every two or three years for simming and after spending some time learning to fly this machine the proper way... BTW, there are oodles and oodles of instructions and tutorials for this baby. There is even an amazing Virgin Atlantic flight from Heathrow to San Francisco on a DVD and trust me, you could do all of the things the real world captain is doing on this one and expect the same results. Hope this helps.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest VAA_008

Unfortunately I had to contact your customer support because the discount you offer for previous customers was not taken into consideration for me at the time of check-out.Hopefully this gets sorted out...Thanks again for your hard work.

Fantastic job and very fair price.Congratulations, Team!(I 'm getting old!...'Was sure Xmas was in December!)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thank you very much for another great 747 simulator. I'm running Vista and read the link provided so I'm now aware of Vista's memory problems. I also have the same problem with LDS767 sometimes. It usually happens when I suddenly press a 2d ctrl combo in the virtual cabin. And the vista circle just flashes and then I know it's going to crash. But other than that I had decent frame rates on par or better than what I had in FS9 with the fs9 pmdg 747-400. Thanks for the wingviews! And the outside "rumbling" heavy sound is superbly convincing. I have only flown at night but I can see you've covered the plane well in night mode. Have yet to see the daylight look and the rest of the animations. The virtual cockpit views of the FMC and FO side were superb. Thanks for the nice discount as the eCommerce shop still remembered I bought the older 747 in 2005! Will look forward to the NG2.0 and MD-11Congratulations PMDG!FrankC, LA

Great job guys! I just purchased it but won't have time to try it until this evening. Just a small note, this is what the receipt looks to me: no biggie,just thought I'd tell you:http://www.alcom.aland.fi/kitte/msfs/kvitto.jpg

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Eagletail

Absolutely fantastic news, PMDG! This is something many of us have been waiting for a long time. But to think I found out about the release while at work! How am I going to wait for 8 hrs. until I get the chance to purchase and fly this wonderful plane? Oh, well, not much to do about that. Congratulations to all of you at PMDG! ;-)