Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

747X TCAS probs???

hi All,with no AI traffic to be seen anywhere A/C blips sometimes red, sometimes yellow, other times both, will pop up briefly (1 to as many as 6) on the Nav display with a msg. near the top right-hand corner "out of range traffic" or somthing like that. as soon as the blips disappear so does the msg. this happens when either TA or TARA is selected on the transponder. is anyone else seeing this? in the PMDG options menu "show all traffic" is disabled. is this a prob. with the 747X or FSX? or did something go wrong with my un-install/re-install of the 747X? never saw this with the FS9 version. i have the updated 747X installed. i un-installed per the Readme instructions prior to re-installing. thanks in advance for the info. happy flyin, Tim

Guest Scousefox9

There's something wrong with it alright, myself and Johan are unable to see any aircraft on TCAS, despite out efforts to deliberately crash into each other. This has happened since installing the update and we followed it to the T.Fix it please?

Guest hench289

I havent seen one single eirplane on the tcas ever. Posted a few times about that and support said the tcas works. I dont know what to do.Kevin H

Me neither and I know they are there around me because I am using FSC and they are showing up on there very close to me most of the time yet not a blip on the ND.http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

John Veldthuis

Specs: ASUS X79-DELUXE | Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce GTX980 | 32GB Ram | Cooler Master HAF 932 case | ASUS PB279Q, 4K UHD, 27" Monitor | Windows 8.1 | Segate 2x2TB 7200rpm drives, SanDisk 2x256GB SSD| Corsair Hydro Series H105, Watercooling kit

>We're looking into the TCAS issues... thanks.Hi TabsPlease look at my former post, and You don

Finn Jacobsen

Guest Scousefox9

Thank you very much Finn, I suspect this will solve my problem also. I will try this when I get home tonight and post back :)Regards,

I've not had the chance to look at the dll.xml file, my install of the -400x is on on a clean fsx sp1 and i'm not getting tcas targets. Just thought i'd let you know :-)

Alaister Kay

Guest Scousefox9

I rebuilt my DLL.XML file and TCAS is still not working...Here are the contents:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> Launchdll.xmlFalseFalsePMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllWhat do you suggest?

Guest Scousefox9

Ok this is very weird it's working now, but only for default FSX Aircraft... there's deffinately something messed up...Anyway see my other post 'Weird Mimic Thing' if you would I'd be interested to know what you guys think. It has nothing to do with FSCopilot/FSInn. I have FSUIPC installed.

Did You set "TCAS show all traffic" in PMDG menu ?If You have FSUIPC installed, move the entries in the DLL.XML file below the PMDG entries. If You have FSINN (FScopilot) installed, move it above the PMDG Entries.Finn "Wothan" Jacobsen

Finn Jacobsen

Guest Scousefox9

I have selected 'Show all traffic', but why would this cause me to see only default FSX aircraft?.. I can also confirm I am operating the aircraft correctly. I cannot see another 747x aircraft for example, or any other addon that I have installed if somebody selects that very same one. An alternative would be to remove all addons and let them be substituted so that they appear on TCAS however, I wish this problem to be resolved. Even doing this would not allow me to see other 747xs because I'd have to uninstall mine and I would be unable to use TCAS at all!I will check that FSUIPC is below PMDG; I'm very sure it was last time I checked.Can you please confirm that you can see addon aircraft on your TCAS, and not just default FSX aircraft (this includes substituted ones).Regards,