Sign in to follow this  
mfrantz

MD-11 panel screenshots part 1 (Main Panel)

Tom, I must say that looks very very nice! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Thanks. And if I can do that just think what people with the proper resources that actually know what they are doing could come up with. I hope they do it. Just like in TVs widescreen is becoming the norm with computers.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

HelloI can't wait to get my hands on the manuals. Everything looks very real!!Congratulations PMDG team!! Those shots look fantastic.I haven't got much experience with "heavies" in FS9 , I suppose this baby will be a good opportunity to change that.RegardsOnurLTBA

Hello will you guys be realesing any more screenshots for the MD-11 before it released and if so by any chance coul you get a few of the cabin pressure system and the Virtual cockpit if one is avalible with is Aircraft

I have to ask if any one minds but will the breakers on the aircraft be modeled completly or just to a certian point on the aircraft and if modeled at all will the system be built around the rule of trip,reset trip,reset trip leave off pilots in real life airliners do that from what im told tehy can only reset a breaker twice before they have to do with out for the duration of the flight

Guest vvanrij

We are actually only allowed to reset a tripped CB once. And only specific CB's (as mentioned in the QRH Procedure), and they have colored rings around em.And to the guy above, the cabin pressure system on the md11 (overhead panel) is not interesting at all, as it has an outflow valve, an automatic/manual system button, and a single know to raise or lower the airfield elevation. None of them you normally use, as the airfield elevation is given to the system by FMS, and it is operated automaticly.-Victor

>I have to ask if any one minds but will the breakers on the>aircraft be modeled completly or just to a certian pointThey won't be modeled. The reason for not doing the CB modeling is this, it takes way too much time to do on current generation aircraft. Why? Earlier in aviation this would have been easy to accomplish... If a CB trips, the corresponding ON/OFF switch would just have no effect anymore, the associated system or mechanical item stops working. That's it.Now on the MD-11 you have automatic system controllers which take care of everything. The switches on the overhead panel no longer only have ON and OFF and it's associated systems are controlled by a computer. Now if a CB trips on one of those systems the system controller would just deal with it on it's own. So if we were to go and model the circuit breakers we would need to find out exactly what the system controller does when which CB trips or more than one or you pull them yourself. The system controller would need to be programmed for all possible cases to be an accurate simulation.Surely you can imagine that this kind of programming and researching takes way too much time. Again it would be very easy to do if the MD-11 had only ON/OFF switches on the overhead panel, like for example the MD-80 had. Yeah we COULD model the VOR2 receiver and it's CB which would indeed be a simple "now it's working, now it's not" thing, but what's the point in modeling CBs if you only have a hand full of all of them...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest vvanrij

Another question. The RCWS is also pretty distinct from other CWS's, in that it gives feedback to the pilot on what it exactly is doing. For the ones that have flown with it (and also on the real MD11), how does it feel to fly one without this feedback?-Victor

Guest SwissMD11

Thanks a ton for making such an awesome product. Oh,... By the way.... what does the HI-INT switch do ??

>Thanks a ton for making such an awesome product. Oh,... By>the way.... what does the HI-INT switch do ??It's the same as the strobes on most other aircraft, the high intensity flashing white lights. Two of them at the forward end of the wingtip, one at the rear of the wingtip, to ensure visibility from all angles.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest percy

Will the MD11 have a full set of key codes like the 747 and 737 also will the goflight MCP equipment be compatible (able to program) with this Aircraft.percythanks.

Guest klm_md11

Screens look's very nice, but there are 2 months without any concrete information.....Regards

>Screens look's very nice, but there are 2 months without any>concrete information.....>>RegardsYeah 2 months... im sooo counting down, hope we will soon learn about a release date!!

Guest klm_md11

Not only you ;) In my virtual airline we are waitining for PMDG MD-11 to introduce it to our fleet.