Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

PMDG 747-400X Autobrake problem

Merry Christmas to all at PMDG and all you flightsimmers out there!Lefteris,Your customer service is second to none. I'm very happy you've been able to pinpoint this issue as this was the only minor problem I've encountered with the 747X. I realize that not many were having this problem and I just wanted to drop you a note to say we appreciate your dedication to your products.Norm Guindon.

>Gents->>I received my Saitek pedals today. I am happy to report that I>reproduced the problem and corrected it for our beta testers.>If/when they give the OK, I am sure we'll have a service>release out.>>(In the meantime, there's something called "Christmas>holidays" that is causing this annoying delay in the>release... sorry - blame the guy who decided to be born on 25>Dec ;-)).>>The issue is that when rudder pedals are installed, FSX>erroneously sends events on "BRAKE_AXIS_SET" even when the>brakes are at 0.0 (i.e. not pressed). This also has a (small)>side effect of affecting speed (albeit not too much) because>of all the events flying around unnecessarily, but that I>can't do much about, can I ;-).>>I took the opportunity to tweak the Brake Temperature curves a>bit and add temp reducing effects when the reversers are out,>so this should look a bit more realistic.>>Happy holidays, all!Hi lefteris,That's great news for christmas day.take your time for the fix,most important is that the problem has been identifiedMerry Christmas to all of PMDG Team members and all forum usersSincerlyyvesMerry christmas go

Hi,Hi,I have a big issue with the 747-400X.This aircraft behaves marvelously in all phase of the flight but when I land, with Autobrake set to 1, the brakes doesn

Guest SkullxBones

What's the latest on a fix for this, has it been released?Jeff P.

Ryan, the autobrakes also don't work for me in a rejected takeoff situation. Is this part of the same problem, and if so, will it be covered by the Service Release?Thanks, Robert

Guest isiattie

Hello.Im also having this issue and I use CH Throttle quad, pedals and yoke. Sorry for asking, but has this SP been released? And does it also fix the issue with FS9?Best regardsIsidoro

Whats the latest on the autobrake issue and the Saitek rudder pedals ?Im still having the problem of them not working even with the new MD-11 ;o(

Hi all. I'm also having this problem with the pmdg 747x. I am using the saitek x52 pro and have had the problem from the start. I set autobrakes and upon touch down nothing happens - no braking action. There is no EICAS message telling me they have disarmed and they remain in the setting i set upon approach. It is only when i apply manual braking that i get the EICAS message that they have disarmed. It's as though the aircraft doesn't realise it's on the ground yet. Any help or suggestions much appreciated!RegardsRMA

Guest EDSJ

Same here, like a problem of saitek with autobreak like md11. PMDG developer have cleared that problem with service pack with md11. Hope of a patch for 744. It would be nice.

I bumped into the same issue here.I saw the issue have been isolated, but could not find a fix for this...Has there already been a fix out for 747 ? if so , can someone point me to it please?Dieter

I bumped into the same issue here.I saw the issue have been isolated, but could not find a fix for this...Has there already been a fix out for 747 ? if so , can someone point me to it please?Dieter
For the moment you have to use two different ini settings in FSUIPC if you own both the MD-11 and 744XFor 744X make sure you have the following lines at the end of FSUIPC4.iniLeftBrake=-7303,16380RightBrake=-7303,16380For the MD-11 leave the axis as "Not processed" this means:LeftBrake=0RightBrake=0This is the only way to have a satisfactory result for the moment.I hope that PMDG will finally issue a fix in the next SP for 744X (promised a long time ago BTW)I hope it helps you DieterRegardsYves Lefevre

I have tried the fix but still the problem.I do not use FSUIPC for reading my rudders/stick...too bad...PMDG, any thoughts on when - or if- fix is coming ?Dieter