Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG MD-11 Manuals/Posters & less expensive shipping!

Captains-I have just brought USPS shipping options online at our eCommerce site that are between 60-75% less expensive than FedEx for both International and US Domestic shipping.If you were put off by the FedEx shipping charges, take another look. I think you'll find the USPS rates significantly more reasonable!I'm also reposting my original information on these new products here:RSR---------------------------Captains-In a post a few weeks ago, I mentioned that PMDG has partnered with one of the worlds most respected publishers of flight manuals for cockpit crews- and the results are spectacular for PMDG MD-11 pilots!I have just made available for sale a number of new products related to the PMDG MD-11 simulation that is nearing release.POSTERS:========Single Pane Poster: This full color poster is printed on high quality paper stock and measures nearly 36" in height. Suitable for in depth cockpit study or for framing, this poster includes the overhead, main panel and center pedestal on a single poster frame.Triple Pane Posters: This three panel full color poster set is printed on high quality paper stock that measures nearly 36" in height on each pane. Suitable for in depth cockpit study or for framing, this poster set provides each of the overhead, main panel and center pedestal on a separate poster frame.Life Size Posters: These full color posters are printed on high quality paper stock and sized to reflect the true measurements of the MD-11 flight deck. Suitable for in depth cockpit study or for framing, this poster set includes the overhead, main panel and center pedestal each printed on a poster frame in full 1" = 1" scale.Each of the posters can be customized with lamination if you desire! (select at time of checkout!)PMDG MD-11 FLIGHT CREW OPERATING MANUAL:========================================PMDG MD-11 Flight Crew Operating Manual: The PMDG MD-11 Flight Crew Operating Manual is specifically tailored to match the PMDG MD-11 simulation, and has both the look and feel of the FCOM used by pilots flying the MD-11 airliner. Packed with information on how to operate the PMDG MD-11, this manual will teach you the correct techniques for normal and abnormal operations from power on, to startup, taxi, takeoff, cruise, approach and landing.The PMDG MD-11 Flight Crew Operating Manual is printed on 8.5" x 5.5" paper with color coded section and chapter tabs and bound in a hard resin 1.5 inch clip ring binder printed with the PMDG logo and full color image of the MD-11 on the cover.PMDG MD-11 QUICK REFERENCE HANDBOOK:====================================Kept nearby as a reference, the QRH is used to handle all Emergency, Abnormal and non-standard conditions that might be encountered during the course of a flight. The QRH contains trouble shooting diagrams, checklists and reference material that will help you manage any situation while flying the PMDG MD-11 simulation!The Quick Reference Handbook is a real-world tool used to guide crews through trouble-shooting and resolution of any abnormal issue that may come up during flight. In emergencies, or when confronted with the failure of critical systems, the QRH guides the crew on how to operate the airplane safely through the duration of the flight.PMDG offers you the same handy reference! Tailored specifically to match the PMDG MD-11 Simulation, the PMDG MD-11 Quick Reference Handbook has the same look and feel of the QRH carried on the flight deck of MD-11s around the world.PMDG MD-11 SYSTEMS GUIDE & FMS SUPPLEMENT:==========================================The PMDG MD-11 SYSTEMS Manual and FMS Supplement is tailored to the PMDG MD-11 simulation, but has the same look and feel as the manuals used by MD-11 around the world. This 530 page manual is packed with information covering just about everything on the MD-11, including the autopilot, automated and mechanical systems, their operation and crew controls, as well as eleven chapters designed to help you master the PMDG MD-11 Flight Management System!The PMDG MD-11 SYSTEMS Manual and FMS Supplement is printed on 8.5" x 5.5" paper (the same size used by flight crews) with color coded section and chapter tabs. This monster manual is bound in a hard resin 2.5 inch clip ring binder printed with the PMDG logo and full color image of the MD-11 on the cover.The Systems and FMS Manual is the perfect reference for PMDG MD-11 simulation pilots who want to learn the guts of the MD-11's mechanical, automation, autopilot and flight management systems using a handy, well laid out reference guide with the same look and feel of an actual flight manual.All of these manuals are professionally published, bound, indexed and color tabbed for a realistic look and feel.You can purchase each manual separately to meet your needs, OR you can receive a healthy discount by purchasing the manuals as a set.FULL PMDG MD-11 FLIGHT MANUAL SET:==================================Full PMDG MD-11 Manual Set: The full manual set is the most cost effective method to purchase your PMDG MD-11 flight manuals. The set includes the Flight Crew Operating Manual, Systems Manual & FMS Supplement and Quick Reference Handbook- More than 1400 pages of documentation to help you fly the PMDG MD-11 simulation like a professional MD-11 pilot!As a bonus, we'll provide you with a free laminated flight deck checklist if you purchase the entire manual set option.You can get more much more information and images of these new products here:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCar...p?idCategory=14Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Simply UNBELIEVABLE new prices! :DI just ordered a full set of manuals a minute before!Thank you PMDG guys! ;-) Well done!Laszlo Kovacs(UK)*My next transaction to your account will be the price of the MD-11 (FS2004)*

Thanks for the update. Despite what I'd venture to call reasonable prices, it would be nice to have the PDF manuals included with the product as they have always been.Is that still the case, or is it different now due to the legal ramifications of the printing by another company?Cheers,KyleP.S:Before someone starts to complain:I used to run similar documents over to A Reputable Chain of PrintingCopying Store for copies at one of my previous jobs for a higher cost, with less durable binding.

Kyle Rodgers

Hmmm...I'm not seeing anything besides the FedEx data in the shop. How can I change to USPS data being displayed? It says something about a pull-down menu to compare FedEx and USPS, but I'm not seeing it in Firefox 3 or IE7. Just looking for a comparison at the moment, as actual purchase would be after I already have the MD-11 for FS9 installed and working on my computer.Tim

Chris, assuming I'm understanding you correctly, there will still be .pdf manuals. You don't have to buy the printed version to get manuals. :)Tim, it's working fine here. Maybe you need to refresh the page?

Mike,Can you give me a screenshot of your page or something? I did do a full refresh of the page and still don't see it.Tim

Kyle,Oh, yes absolutely you WILL get the full manual set with the PMDG MD-11!Normally we make our manuals available by dowoad from our site. But we have not received license to do so for this product. (yet....)These manuals (all 1440 pages) were produced under license and with the input of Boeing, so they are FAR more detailed than any manual set we have ever produced. The down side is that we have a few restrictions to adhere to...They are worth it, however!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I don't see the dropdown menu or USPS options in my account, but when my friend does it, or I use (with his permission, of course!) his login, I do see it. Wonder why it does that? Any clues, Robert or PMDG team?TimAddendum: changed my zip code from format xxxxx-yyyy to xxxxx and now I have the correct data.

Robert, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the new shipping options. I have a question, and I think anyone from PMDG can answer it. I know that all purchases are done in Euro's; is there a way to know or show the price in US dollars, or maybe atleast know what exchange rate is being used?Thank you,Jonathan

Guest helix_angle

wow! I asked for cheaper shipping, and you did it! That is great customer support thanks so much. Order placed.Cheers,Helix_Angle

Thank you Robert!Shipping costs to Finland seem much more reasonable now, and I think I will get a full set of these extremely good looking manuals. :)

Dear Robert,Thanks for bringing out the manuals. They look great and first off, congratulations to all of you. I cant wait to receive them!!Now, fortunately or unfortunately, I had purchased the full set when you were offering shipping to India through Fedex only costing me almost 300 euros in total. But I feel a bit let down that the price is now down to just 160 euros or so in about 48 hours. I do understand that it was my decision, impulsive or not, to purchase right away at that price. But such a major price revision so soon makes me feel a bit let down. I can understand if the price was revised after a month or more depending on the feedback, demand etc, but 48 hours is a little hard to digest. We all trust PMDG implicitly and therefore assumed that this was the best price offered by you, if we want these wonderful manuals.I am not asking for any refund or anything of that sort, but a request for those of us who have bought it and getting it shipped by Fedex to give us some benefit in price when the MD11 is released, or a 24hour heads-up before the release, or anything you may feel that can be offered by you guys.I totally understand that you are not bound to offer us anything in return as we made the choice to purchase at that price but just a request for goodwill to those of us who trust in you and your products, and will continue to do so.With best wishes to you and the release of the MD-11.Dinshaw Parakh

Capt. R,Thanks for clearing that up. That's what I thought the issue was with the standalone download, but I wasn't sure how far all that extended.I'm sure they're definitely worth it. I'll make sure to budget them in, but I'm attempting to save what I can for my IR/Comm/ME training at the moment, so it might have to wait a tick.I can't tell you how excited I am to tack an MD-11 type onto my list.Thanks again,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Robert,now the shipping costs are reasonable. I just ordered my complete set of manuals! Great service by the way!