Sign in to follow this  
stevenp

md-11 oom errors

Guest Knikolaes

>> When I make my run tomorrow it will be with an>>outbound and return flight, same airports, with realtime>>weather. I it makes that then i know for sure the issue is>>fixed for me since I had three fails in a row just on the>>outbound leg.>>>>Either way -- I'll post here with the result tmorrow night.>>Try a night flight and switching between full and windowed>after your 30 minutes in flight lol>>http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg I will do that right now.Does anyone have a good routing for the return leg? (SID and STAR with realistic in-between route?) That's what i am looking for now.Going to set the time with real weather so that I take off in the evening and sunset should occur during my approac and turnaround, making the return flight after dusk. 1 flight, 1 load, all textures thrown in.The only night element I will not have is Ultimate terrain Europe and those 3-D night lights because, again, I do not yet have that installed. I want to try this without first.

Guest Knikolaes

Nevermind. Scratch that. Andre is right.I set up with the following:Settings for Airliner Flights:GRAPHICS Ultra highAIRCRAFT Very Low The only difference here is no shadows. No big deal. It is noted in the support forums elsewhere that when you have Ultimate Traffic (or other traffic add-ons installed) the numnber of shadows actually can exceed the toughest graphics card abilities out there, rendering AI aircraft invisible at airports such as the mega-Airport series. Turning shadows off not only greatly enhances performance, but saves on your memory as well. This is food for thought to try when troubleshooting OOM Errors when you have AI traffic add-ons such as UT installed.SCENERY Medium High When I do Cessna 172 and other GA flights, I go max on this page, but for flights in birds such as the MD-11, Medium High is more than sufficient for a great balance between eye candy and smooth operations.WEATHER Medium HighTRAFFIC Medium HighADD-ONS INVOLVED: * PMDG MD-11 in Swissair New Colors * VFR Generation X - All three volumes * VFR London * Active Sky X * Ultimate Traffic * Switzerland professional XI started the flight in late afternoon (4:00-ish) which put the sun going down as I reached cruise. I went into the menu to check my settings, but made no changes and when i came out of it, my flight deck was gone -- invisible. I tried to "joggle" it by alt-enter to switch between Windowed modes and now I have a solid black screen.Here's the kicker. I am not OOM on this try, but I do seem to have run out of resources.My physical memory in this state is benchmarked at 62% usage. On the AMD dual core, core 1 is currently at 0 % and core 2 is at 25% spiking to 100%I could not access the top menu, but it WOULD let me press ESC and I saw the dialog to end flight or continue or view flight analysis. I was able to see the flight analysis and end the flight but on the free flight screen the screen there is black now, too.I am sorry, all. I thought I had this nailed, but using the conditions Andre described above I didn't even get the first 17 minutes of the flight done :-(I do have a theory though. Is everyone encountering this only on the PAX model? Has anyone encountered this on the F model? Just curious. Because when I did the patches I started using the F model for the successful flights and this crash is again in the PAX model . . .

>>I am sorry, all. I thought I had this nailed, but using the>conditions Andre described above I didn't even get the first>17 minutes of the flight done :-(>>I do have a theory though. Is everyone encountering this only>on the PAX model? Has anyone encountered this on the F model?> Just curious. Because when I did the patches I started using>the F model for the successful flights and this crash is again>in the PAX model . . . Chris this was what I expected do a next test and don't open a window :( just stay in windowed or full screen...You can do anything in the sim switch views as many times you will and even finish your flight only make sure not to open a new window via the menu or change from windowed and full screen.Then conduct the same test only during the day.Cheers,http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Now that OOM's are history for me (AT least at this time)Ive got a new strange error, after around 30 - 90 minuted in flight.My VC and 2D cockpit dissapear and the screen turns completly black. So I have to exit FSX my self.Il provide an SS tomorrow, so tired...- Philip

Guest D17S

Actually the 32bit system's 2G OOM limit was protecting applications from ram starvation. With a non-switched op system and only 2Gs of physical ram onboard, the program would typically OOM at ~ 1.5Gs physical ram load. That means the program was still running fine because (at least) .5Gs/ram was still in-play for the op system, etc. High power CPUs coax users to employ high slider settings. With the 3G switch, the program can keep loading ram until it has the operating system totally squeezed into a tiny (ram) corner. At this point, the system will start to complain via various symptoms. I expect this is what's happening. If so, the solution might be to reduce sliders or get more ram.

Guest Knikolaes

>Actually the 32bit system's 2G OOM limit was protecting>applications from ram starvation. With a non-switched op>system and only 2Gs of physical ram onboard, the program would>typically OOM at ~ 1.5Gs physical ram load. That means the>program was still running fine because (at least) .5Gs/ram was>still in-play for the op system, etc. >>High power CPUs coax users to employ high slider settings.>With the 3G switch, the program can keep loading ram until it>has the operating system totally squeezed into a tiny (ram)>corner. At this point, the system will start to complain via>various symptoms. I expect this is what's happening. If so,>the solution might be to reduce sliders or get more ram.So could that be why Phillip ad i started encountering black screens instead of OOM dialog errors?

Guest D17S

You can do a little troubleshooting, if you wanted. Run Process Explorer along with FS. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspxHere's what it looks like: http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/194045.jpgVirtual Size is Vista/XPs ram projection tally sheet number. This is the OOM number. Any 32bit, non-switched system would have already OOM'd at 2Gs. WS Private is physical ram load. Since a non-switched 32bit system would have already OOM'd, physical ram would have never gotten this high. However a switched op system (or a 64bit system) would keep loading ram. Here, physical ram load is 1.7Gs. Would .3G be enough for to allow the op system to run normally. Run this and see. Yep, that's Manhattan. In bound to KJFK's 13L (if I could ever get the loc to hook up!) Give it a try.

I thought you got it fixed too bad, what os did you install it in? Try the 64 and see what happens cause you have plenty of memory. Hopefully you get it working. I am also real confused about your cores. Wow 0 and 25-100 thats weird given that the fsx sp1 enabled 2 cores.

Guest Knikolaes

>I thought you got it fixed too bad, what os did you install>it in? Try the 64 and see what happens cause you have plenty>of memory. Hopefully you get it working. I am also real>confused about your cores. Wow 0 and 25-100 thats weird given>that the fsx sp1 enabled 2 cores.That confused me, too. So I went back in. Here's what happened . . . . FSX is indeed using both cores. For some reason after the crash it went down to 1 core even with the black screened FSX still running in the background.Odd . . . . O.o

Guest Knikolaes

Thanks, Sam. I have the program. The bit on Virtual Size and WS Private makes sense, so I'll load up those colums and give it another go.Chris

Your probably right about the RAM starvation, but its because my darn PC refuse to accept the 4th ram stick I have here next to me.Im running with 3G in a 3gb ram system, lols.. Philip

Guest Knikolaes

>But which os did you install it on.Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I do not use FSX on my 64 bit due to other add-ons having serious issues with 64 bit OS systems. 32 bit is the only way I can guarantee all of my add-ons will work in FSX. I only use my 64 bit OS for major gaming applications (Assassin's Creed, Halo series, UT 2k3, The Witcher, Guild Wars, Elder Scrolls Series, Crysis, Shadow Run, Supreme Commander, World in Conflict, Hellgate London, Company of Heros, Bioshock, Starcraft, etc, etc, etc).I admit I am not too terribly worried about this one. I am so busy with flight school in the real world that a single add-on out of hundreds not working will not end my armchair life :-) But it does look like a sweet setup and I'll keep watching this thread for a solution. For now I am going to hanger it and keep flying the C172 like I am supposed to be doing LOL.

You can always fly her as a Multi Million $$ Simulator. Without a external model. Disable the external and the graphical issues will be gone.Regards, Gerrit

Which addons don't work in 64. I only use 64 and everything works-EVERYTHING. Usually when something is not compatible I check to see what they say about it- cause maybe there is a way and then if they don't have that they usually release a compatible version within a couple of months, but evey addon I have seen will work with 64.