Sign in to follow this  
stevenp

md-11 oom errors

AndreYou're right: for me too, the problem can be minimized by staying in full screen mode without switching to windowed mode. But this is impractical because flying online I sometimes need access to other bits & pieces on my PC. I lost another VATSIM flight on finals last night: absolutely maddening.TimPS: Last night's crash was in two phases. In the first, I lost the external textures. Then, instead of losing the other textures immediately, the thing flew on for a while - only to crash completely on finals. But at least this way it produced an error report: it blamed a module called TCAS2v7.dll. Googling for this, I see that it a piece of freeware (!) which presumably PMDG use for TCAS. Could this possibly be the culprit?

Guest D17S

Back your box off a smidge. Let memory run at a its default timing and a simple 1:1 for a flight . . . and unload that Vbufferpool. See what happens.

>But at least this way it produced>an error report: it blamed a module called TCAS2v7.dll.>Googling for this, I see that it a piece of freeware (!) >which presumably PMDG use for TCAS. Could this possibly be the>culprit?@ Tim Error reporting just shows the latest accessed DLL in memory by the O/S during the CTD...Most of the time the event just before caused the issue...@Sam VBUFFER unload already done.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

@ Andre: Ah, I see: not much use then.@ Sam: I've tried with and without the Bufferpools thing - including letting FSX rebuild the FSX.CFG file. I'm reluctant to use more conservative hardware settings because I have a strong hunch that it's to do with the software for three reasons (i) the symptoms and their sensitivity to switching from full screen to windowed mode; (ii) the PC works with other stuff just fine; and (iii) I don't think my o/c settings are really all that aggressive. But in the end it's only a hunch so I'll try backing off a notch or two when I next have time. Tim

Culpe mea. I've relaxed the "Performance" level of my RAM from 7 to 10. Hey presto, I've run my test trip 3 times on the trot without a hitch. Fingers crossed - but I may now have found the problem: namely, me.The MD-11 is obviously reaching parts that other add-ons do not reach. I've lost a tiny bit of smoothness - but it's barely perceptible and if that is what it takes to use this excellent model, then it's OK by me.Thanks Sam and everyone else for the help - and I'm very glad it's not a software glitch because I'd never have got round to reinstalling the thing.Tim

>Culpe mea. I've relaxed the "Performance" level of my RAM>from 7 to 10. Hey presto, I've run my test trip 3 times on the>trot without a hitch. Fingers crossed - but I may now have>found the problem: namely, me.>>The MD-11 is obviously reaching parts that other add-ons do>not reach. I've lost a tiny bit of smoothness - but it's>barely perceptible and if that is what it takes to use this>excellent model, then it's OK by me.>>Thanks Sam and everyone else for the help - and I'm very glad>it's not a software glitch because I'd never have got round to>reinstalling the thing.>>Tim@ TimThanks for sharing Tim I'm testing the same fine tuning ram it has positive results so far maybe it's a pilot error over here after all (your not alone Tim lol)Have to do some more testing but time is my enemy here :(@ Sam thanks for the tip... http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Hello, here I have Vista 64 (all Microsoft patches installed) and FSX SP2. UTX is installed, but no Beta Patch. I own a E6400 Dual Core and 4 GB Ram, nothing is overclocked. Everything has been working ok yet with that FSX Installation, also other complex payware planes like Wilco Airbusses and Level-D 767X. Just did my first Tutorial flight from EGLL to LSZH. At EGLL the outer textures disappeared after some minutes, also some textures of the Virtual Cockpit. Later, just flying with the 2-D-Cockpit, at the decend the screen of FSX turned black, i just was able to shut down FSX. It seems, this forum threat doesn't offer any solution, or I don't understand, how to fix the problem.Can you help me? Thanks a lot for some solutionsChris Schnaedelbachmember of www.simflight.de review team

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
CEO / President of Cyber Air Virtual Airlines  (established since 1994)
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

ChrisThis sounds exactly like my problem, which I also have at EGLL (with or without the Aerosoft add-on). I have now wasted many hours struggling with it and I have had enough. Sometimes I think I've found a solution - toning back the overclock or fiddling with software settings - but ultimately the seeming solution never "sticks".I accept that it might be a problem with my particular PC, although on balance I'm increasingly of the view that it's something to do with PMDG's software. This is because of (i) the amount of time and effort I've spent trying to pin the issue down to my hardware; (ii) the same sort of thing happens with the PMDG 747X but not with the Level-D 767X; (iii) you and at least one other person have reported the same symptoms without any overclocking at all; and (iv) the tendency of the PMDG products to break down after 1.9Gigs or so in the "Working Set" of RAM, even under Vista 64.I intend to re-install everything one day to see if that makes a difference, but in the meantime I've given up and gone back to using just the Level-D 767X which, for me at least, doesn't have problems like this. Don't get me wrong: I like the MD-11 a lot, but I'd rather have something I can rely on. I've given up with the MD-11 for now, but if you find a solution that works for you, do please post here to share it.Tim

What are you pc specs. Its many things but for one fsx is a memory hog. Pmdg is just a very complex addon that needs quite a bit of power to use. Therefore you need to do some upgrading if you dont have a pc strong enough. So I bet its your hardware of soft with the kind of os 32 or 64 or the amount of memory in the system. I suggest a min of 4 for a 64 sys. and 3 for a 32, but I dont suggest a 32.

E8600 @ 4.3GHz, 4Gb DDR3-1600, 8800 Ultra, Asus Rampage Extreme, 3ware 9690SA, SAS RAID0, Vista 64. Works like a charm with everything except the PMDG stuff.So in my case the problem is not the specs. It might of course be some blip in the configuration - relaxing the RAM settings does seem to make a difference but it only postpones the inevitable - but if so, PMDG's products are the only ones vulnerable to it, and I've tried everything I can think of short of undoing my complete installation and starting afresh. That's a pretty big undertaking and right now, with other people reporting similar problems with the MD-11 and 747X, I'm not sure it's worthwhile.Tim

I wrote, it is a E6400 Dual Core with Vista 64 and 4 GB Ram. Further I own a NVidia 8800GTS 512 MB. FSX SP2 has been running with about 15 FPS at Aerosoft EGLL scenery and PMDG MD-11. Therefore I don't think, my hardware isn't strong enough. In my oppinion the memory hog is based at other reasons.

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

You are both using ASX? Try once with default weather if you please.Regards, Gerrit

I havn't used ASX at my first tutorial flight. It is installed, but has not been used, when the problems came up.

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach

Unfortunately in my case too, it makes no difference whether I'm using ASX - but thanks for the suggestion.Tim

My system is very similar to yours. q6600 780i 4gb gskill 8800gts g92 sli (disabled for fsx) and raptor x. and mine works fine now.Try to do a flight from somewhere, not egll cause you guys have the addon program. You all have sp2 installed right.