Sign in to follow this  
stevenp

md-11 oom errors

Steven - Could you post here to let us know whether your complete reinstallation makes any difference? I've had enough of fiddling around trying to get it to work.Thanks.Tim

Guest SkullxBones

UTX causes the oceans to turn into land. It's easy to fix, just run the UTX setup tool and it will cure it.Jeff P.

Well it was probably time to do a reinstall and that should fix it, but thanks. Tim I will report back, everything is almost installed.

>4GB problem is everytime a strange problem in following>operation systems: WinXP, Vista32 and Vista64.>>WinXP users must make an entry in boot.ini>>/3GB /userva=2700>>Put this in your last line of boot.ini. Its recommend to spaceDO NOT DO THIS with Vista.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I am not a large scale hacker of FSX cfg file since sp2 actually I have no other hacks except this one quoted from http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1197380641(MAIN) <--change to square bracketsDisablePreload=1 <--- in order to offload the memory from the default flight and not allow FSX to double load on boot.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

>HI,>>How can i check if my swap file is enabled or not? and if not>how would i enable it?>>Im using vitsa 32 home premium.>>Many Thanks,>>NicholasBBHi Nicholas, your swap file is your page file and unless you did something to eliminate it, it is there. For you unless you have a specific problem or issue that you are trying to correct I would let windows manage my page file. To check what your page file size is and to see if it is there go to

Regards,
Gary Andersen

I just did a 6 and a half hour flight from kjfk to egll and everything went extremely smooth. Wow! what a flight/plane.

Hi Gary,Isn't it better to create a swap partition like in Linux instead of a swap file ?Your advice is welcome,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

If I understand your question right then a swap partition (on the same HDD at the OS) is not going to do much for you. If you had a drive dedicated only to the swap file then it might have an influence.Keeping this stuff simple and 'system managed' seems to be the best bet. Konrad

Konrad

>Hi Gary,>>Isn't it better to create a swap partition like in Linux>instead of a swap file ?>>Your advice is welcome,>>Peter>Belgium>>>>Flightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....Hi Peter, I lack the expertise to respond to your question. Perhaps somebody else can help. With my limited self taught knowledge of Windows I was well advised to keep the swap file on the same partition as the operating system. I was also taught that partitions are a bad thing for a non server based application and therefore do not advocate their use. I often use NickN over on the Simviations forums as my reference. If you posted the question or even searched

Regards,
Gary Andersen

I'm surprised by this, I got 64 bit and it works awesome, it was a little problematic at the beginning, but it now works like a charm. Im surprised the next os is not going to be completely 64- then we dont have a memory limit.

>starting with>disappearing external textures, then internal textures, then>screen corruption, then black screen - but with FSX still>"running" and well-enough under control to enable me to exit>in orderly fashion.>>>It might be that the combination of the MD-11 with the>Aerosoft scenery is just too much for FSX to handle. Maybe:>but I can't help thinking that this is a bit unlikely.>>>TimAfter some experience with this great work I see the same on Vista 32bit SP1 behaviour...Only the funny thing is when switching from windowed to full screen or to open a window when the flights is in progress.When I stay in the chosen mode (full screen or windowed no corruption or whatsoever and can finish the flight with switching views and ASX + RC4 or without)Looks like the same behaviour when your load the same aircraft twice lolGentleman this has nothing to do with hardware or O/S hence there is a conflict/leak with the initializing of the panels... You think FSX is demanding try an 3d render or some burn in tests or development tools ;-) lolNothing wrong with the hardware / software / O/S /3gb switch off / on local here this behaviour only with the MD-11 everything else is smooth sailing.So the behaviour is easy to trigger just switch a few times between full and windowed or change for example some AA settings when FSX is running lolHope it's helpful for PMDG to solve this one ;-)Cheers, http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

>I'm surprised by this, I got 64 bit and it works awesome, it>was a little problematic at the beginning, but it now works>like a charm. Im surprised the next os is not going to be>completely 64- then we dont have a memory limit.Actually you be surprised how long it take to face out software...Think of 8bit / 16bit / 32bit lol still a long way to go.You be surprised how much 16bit software is still floating around lolThe solution just take the boundaries in to your account when programming that simple (I don't say the solution is simple ;-)) 64 bit isn't the solution but a work around which isn't a option when the program should work in a 32bit environment to.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André