Sign in to follow this  
stevenp

md-11 oom errors

I love the new a/c but I have a problem that stops me from flying long distances. I get ooms with this a/c but none others including the 744x. I have vista 64 with 4gb of memory, any help?

Hi,Hmm.... Not sure on that one. I've precisely zero issues like this in nearly 24 hours of flying and generally messing around. No CTDs, OOMEs or anything.I run Vista 64-bit too, with 4Gb RAM.Is your swap file enabled? What are you running in the background? What do you have loaded in the sim? What are your system specs (please answer all questions as fully as possible!). I'm intrigued.Best regards,Robin.

Guest D17S

Snag Process Explorer here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspxSet up the column like the screen shot. Virtual Size is the OOM stuff. WS Private is your physical memory load. I was able to OOM Vista 64, but it really needed some DeliBerAte effort. Run this along with FS flight and monitor VS. It's gotta hit +4G to get an OOM in Vista 64. I really expect something else is going on. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193369.jpg

Guest FirstOfficerFast

Hmm, I didn't check the actual memory usage, but after a three hour flight yesterday FSX refused to take screenshots in the approach, VC textures became blurry (ground textures followed suit).... That seemed to me like a memory problem. Well, terrain blurries aren't terribly exciting, but in the VC? The VC remained unusable, even after landing.Thats on 32bit Vista and 2 Gigs of RamCheers,Niklas

Guest FirstOfficerFast

I was flying into Reykjav

Hi Niklas:To be honest, sounds like a video memory thing. The trouble is, even with two people operating the same system, ther are so many variables that it would be almost impossible to point an exact cause.CheersPaul

>Hi,>>Hmm.... Not sure on that one. I've precisely zero issues like>this in nearly 24 hours of flying and generally messing>around. No CTDs, OOMEs or anything.>>I run Vista 64-bit too, with 4Gb RAM.>>Is your swap file enabled? What are you running in the>background? What do you have loaded in the sim? What are your>system specs (please answer all questions as fully as>possible!). I'm intrigued.>>Best regards,>Robin.I actually had nothing running except the sim this time, I usually fun active sky. Not I never put in any sway. Yesterday I turned off everything i.e. internet antivirus, and explorer. My system specs are q6600, 4gb gskill, 780i, 2 8800gts g92, raptor x. Everything is oc (it wont make a difference everything is stressed and works fine)- except memory- the pc crashed with the mem oc before.

I think im goin to do a full reinstall of fsx, cause some things are starting to get screwed up.

Guest EDSJ

I think its to busy failure... Thats a problem of your operating system. There are many solutions...SP1 is on of it.Another way are this little program: http://ntcore.com/Files/4gb_patch.zip make sure that you have a backup of your fsx.exe. Start program, choose fsx.exe, patch it... Thats it.Vista have many problems with 4GB RAM. Google is one station to get a solution about it.Note:4GB problem is everytime a strange problem in following operation systems: WinXP, Vista32 and Vista64.WinXP users must make an entry in boot.ini/3GB /userva=2700Put this in your last line of boot.ini. Its recommend to space up some virtual memory.Belive me thats all. This fault is not a PMDG prob. This prob do you have general with all programs.@PMDG TEAM:U will get more of those user action. Put my solution in your FAQ's. Other develop do the same.

>I think its to busy failure... Thats a problem of your>operating system. There are many solutions...>>SP1 is on of it.>>Another way are this little program:>http://ntcore.com/Files/4gb_patch.zip make sure that you have>a backup of your fsx.exe. Start program, choose fsx.exe, patch>it... Thats it.>>Vista have many problems with 4GB RAM. Google is one station>to get a solution about it.>>Note:>>4GB problem is everytime a strange problem in following>operation systems: WinXP, Vista32 and Vista64.>>WinXP users must make an entry in boot.ini>>/3GB /userva=2700>>Put this in your last line of boot.ini. Its recommend to space>up some virtual memory.>>Belive me thats all. This fault is not a PMDG prob. This prob>do you have general with all programs.>>@PMDG TEAM:>>U will get more of those user action. Put my solution in your>FAQ's. Other develop do the same.So you think this will help me. I probably will still do a full reinstall of fsx- i hate it cause it takes like 3 hours with all the stuff I have with it.

HI,How can i check if my swap file is enabled or not? and if not how would i enable it?Im using vitsa 32 home premium.Many Thanks,NicholasBB

Guest EDSJ

A reinstall of system wont work. You get this problem in the next future.Install 32/64bit system microsoft OOM patch. I can put here so many site with your problem! Just use my hints and after this you can post here if you have this fault or not. Dont ask just do it. ;)Try to patch your fsx.exe as i posted.Google:http://www.google.com/search?hl=us&q=vista...gle-Suche&meta=Enable Vista Swapfile:http://www.tech-faq.com/swap-file-settings.shtml

Guest D17S

If you are running Vista 64 and FSX the system is already fully 4G capable. These is not need to set switches with Vista 64. OOMs with this setup are virtually impossible. (sans a science experiment like I ran). Run Process explorer to check this out for yourself. It's a good education, anyway. Vista 64 has no problems with 4G.

Guest FirstOfficerFast

Paul: I agree, I personally suspect the rather crappy video memory management of the Nvidia 8 series... It tends not to clean up after itself - a proper memory leak in the VRAM. You just don't notice it too ofter with 700+ Megs...CheerioNiklas