Sign in to follow this  
Guest bstolle

LDS 767 promo video questions

Guest bstolle

Hi folks,Just looked at both LSD 767 videos and except for the visual model of the airplane the following things didn't look too promising.Sure, as a 767 captain I AM picky, but maybe a few things can/will be changed before the release.1. The noticable differences between the 2D and 3D panel. E.g. no standby instruments on the 2D panel. Map switches which aren't there in the real plane. I DO hope that the gauge update rates in the VC are fluid, because I prefer to fly in an 767 cockpit that has the same layout like the real thing. The 2D overhead panel HAS been updated since v1, so why not the main panel ? 2. The UGLY orange caution messages. This might have been an 'easy-to-distinguish-mode'in the original 767PIC, but today with addons like the pmdg 737 this is neither desireable nor realistic.3. Have to time the gear cycle times on my next flight, but they are definitly way too short. 4. Maybe the pilots forgot to push the ASA reset button, but even a single engine landing shouldn't have a NO AUTOLAND indication. The -300ER can do a perfect autoland on one engine)5. During cruise, after the engine failure, both inboard ailerons dropped!6. Haven't ever seen the outboard ailerons drop without hydraulic pressure on ground.7. I didn't hear any radio altimeter call outs during landing. 8. The above point directly connects to this one. The cockpit simulted here is of the VERY old -300ER type. E.g. the alternate stab trim levers can only be found in the really old ships. Same for the PCP on the overhead panel. In newer planes you get an EICAS message, and there is no seperate radar altimeter. Nevertheless I'm looking very much forward to this release :-) RegardsBernt Stolle Capt 767-300ER

Not a developper but...1. Not enough place 2 put them here...You can access the standby instruments on the 2D panel with "shift-3" on my old PIC...2. ...3. Maybe the video... easy 2 fix anyway.4. Yeah right!5. Yeah...I thought this was bizarre too...6. I've seen them drop on the ground once(just like in the video with outboard ail & elevator too)... the Cap was doing his walk-around...7. The sound of the Sim was cut (they said)...8 Don't know...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest BillVC

1. The VC refresh rate in FS9 is slow and I don't think any one will get this 100% (Bill Gates!!!!) The 2D panel was good in v1, why make un-necessary changes?2. The UGLY orange caution messages I like. It make them easier to disinguish form the Yellow.3. The gear cycle times on the video are short cause it was made with FRAPS. 4. It most likely was fixed in a latter Beta as this video was released a month ago.5. Same as Four6. Same as Four7. Perhalps it was edited out of the video.?8. Same as FourThese comments you've noticed are vailid, but I believe the developement team will produce a final product that will exceed all expectations, and also, you control what you purchase and what you don't. A Level-D CAE sim cost more per hour. You can always book some time in one

Guest Stephan Haas

>4. Maybe the pilots forgot to push the ASA reset button, but>even a single engine landing > shouldn't have a NO AUTOLAND indication. The -300ER can do>a perfect autoland on one engine)Not being a pilot (nor software developer) I get my knowledge form publications, such as Mike Ray's book.On page 202 (bottom) he says: " .... NOTE: even though the 757/767 is NOT certified for a single engine autoland."In a quick look in the AOM I couldn't find any useful reference (by which I am not saying that it isn't there!).Perhaps other pilots could join the discussion. There seems to be some grey area here.And: until we're not clear on this one, we're evidently not ready for V2.:-lolKind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

Guest Mark McG

Stephan,that might well be a UAL limitation.

ASA???? What is it????And about those ailerons. THey were already dropped before takeoff.I watched the Promo video about 5 times and I have to say if you look good to some things, you hadn't that much question for now.

Guest Mark McG

ASA = Autoland Status Annunciator

I have to agree with our 767-300ER Captain - these computer simulations just don't cut it. I'd rather fly the real thing, and bypass the "virtual"... :-erksDaryl ShuttleworthDS 3339

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest bstolle

Stephen,IF you quote mike rays book, it would be better to include the WHOLE statement, especially the bold faced part, instead of tearing it apart!Here's the whole statement:IF you are on a CAT II/III approach and experience an engine failure below 200ft,YOU MAY CONTINUE AND AUTOLAND THE AIRPLANE.NOTE: even though the 757/767 is NOT certified for a single engine autolandNo grey area here ;-)In fact this works already below 1500ft AGL if you are full established with flap 30 and gear down.RegardsBernt Stolle Capt 767-300ER

Guest bstolle

Daryl,What a sound and mature response. Congrats !Bernt Stolle Capt 767-300ER

Guest Stephan Haas

Bernt,I wasn't suggesting completeness (hence the dots in front of NOTE). Sorry if I got you confused. (But it gave you the chance to review the book again).The grey area is (in my opinion, and I will gladly give that away for anu other answer) that an aircraft not certified can still legally do an autoland. So that's why I only quoted as I did.In retrospect: this discussion is wether an engine out situation would provoke a NO AUTOLAND announciator status. Mike's statement is not referring to that (is it?), so it was not relevant at all.Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

Guest Paragon

Ramon, how can you not know this...you claim to have flown this from since it first came out.Yes the ailerons are dropped before takeoff, but that was when the engines were off in the beginning of the video...if you check the video again at timestamp 7:54 and onwards when you see the plane from the outside, you will notice they are up.

"Mike's statement is not referring to that (is it?"But it is! The autopilots won't perform an triple AP autoland while the ASA shows NO LAND3. The ASA displays exactly the status of the AP's capability to autoland. So, with the NO LAND3 or NO AUTOLAND indication displayed, you at least have to expect a degraded form of functioning (and if that's only a lack of redundancy in case of NO LAND 3)PS maybe people should check their facts a second time before questioning a check captain's knowledge...

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png