Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

LAGO PHNL Trouble

I'm having a few problems with it, none of your magnitude tho :) Ground textures disappear when viewed from from higher altitudes, so it's hard to position the plane at the gates. The highways don't get rendered fully, so I'm stuck with a piece of it literally hanging in the air. The AI planes get confused and get stuck on the taxiways every now and then. Looks like this will need a fair bit of patching.I was also wondering whether gates were supposed to be moving or whether they're fixed, cause when I parked my 767 where it "technically" was supposed to be, it was a long way from the apron.

>interisland terminal is set on a hill that isn't there which >makes the gates about 60 off the ground. I don't have any >Hawaii terrain mesh, so I'm not sure why this is happening, >but there is definitely an elevation discrep somewhere. I'm >confident that Lago will fix it, however. I just did a clean install of FS2002 and Honolulu and I still can not recreate this problem... If only I would understand computers:-)But if you add this:Flatten.0=13,N21 19.90,W157 55.22,N21 19.92,W157 55.57,N21 20.17,W157 55.52,N21 20.13,W157 55.30flatten it will solve that problem. Could you send me your scenery.cfg file so I can see what could becausing problems?Mathijs@lagoonline.com

>Thank's for the Info Chris!! And I do fly alot out of HNL in >FS2002!! So I may just pick this scenery up!! Do you know if >i can purchase this scenery by mail?? As I do not have any >credit card's, but i can get a postal money order to send?? >Or is there somone i can contact about this?? Thanks again >for the Info Chris! MIKE-:) I'm sorry, Mike but to keep our stuff priced so low we have to keep the order chain very simple and that means we only do credit cards. But check out simmarket.com, they also sell our scenery and they do have some alternative payment methods.Mathijs KokLAGO

>Ground textures disappear when viewed from from >higher altitudes, so it's hard to position the plane at the >gates. The highways don't get rendered fully, so I'm stuck >with a piece of it literally hanging in the air. That seems like your graphics system is overloaded. Using Gmax you end up with a lot of small details (but few textures) and it might very well be that you have not seen this problem before on other scenery. The problem however is not seen in our test and not since the release so I do think we need to look for something on your system that is different from other systems. Let's start with a check on DirectX and graphics drivers.>planes get confused and get stuck on the taxiways every now >and then. Mmmm... I wonder what that could be. It is a standard AI file, nothing special there. It seems like your system is loosing track on some items. Could it be that your system is slow or low on memory?> Looks like this will need a fair bit of patching. All our software gets patched a lot. We do our share of testing but there is always stuff that is found afterwards. And even when nothing is found we ALWAYS create at least one patch that adds some stuff customers would like to see.>I was also wondering whether gates were supposed to be >moving or whether they're fixed, cause when I parked my 767 >where it "technically" was supposed to be, it was a long way >from the apron. No, we did not include much of that. It really eats up memory and we really wanted this scenery to be as fast as possible.Mathijs KokLAGO

We found a taxisign that caused trouble and that 'could' cause the problems you decribe. The first confimed bug on this scenery:-) I'll wait until this evening before releasing new files, to see if we can add some other stuff requested by others. We have already textured some buildings that we left untextured before in this version.Mathijs

I have just finished loading and looking around by the Bell helicopter, I noticed the waves washing the taxiway but no artifacts or other issues mentioned here, maybe my high end system handles it better.Love the Gmax and look forward to more like it especially when compared to the latest offerings from SimFlyers (Dulles) which I also have, Honolulu is so smooth, I have even added in international flights about another 25 flightplans without frame loss.A nice interface and installer package, a well done from me.

>>Also, the palm trees look great but from some angles are >>distorted and fractured and some of them have square blue >>patches around them which look like blocks of the sky. >>That's a new one for me. Can you send me a shot? and some >details on your graphics pipe? I just had another idea... it's probably the setting Aircraft Texture Size. I can recreate your problem if I set it to anything under High. But at any setting under High a lot of FS look like it has been washed to many times. We never understood why FS2002 has this setting labeled so obviously wrong as this setting influences almost all textures, certainly not alone those on aircrafts.Think this will solve your issue.Mathijs

>Love the Gmax and look forward to more like it especially >when compared to the latest offerings from SimFlyers >(Dulles) which I also have, Honolulu is so smooth, I have >even added in international flights about another 25 >flightplans without frame loss. Gmax is magic and it is the future of FS, that's for sure. If I have to make a guess I would say that in Fs2004 only Gmax objects will be loadable. Be sure to share that additional traffic, Morgan. Many people will be able to increase the traffic on this airport without getting into single digit framerates.>A nice interface and installer package, a well done from me. Ah.. finally somebody sees the hours I spend on the installers :-) This one was complex due to the AI traffic stuff but with the help of Lee Swordy (that guy deserves a statue on Meigs) we got it done and we were only released 11 hours after we promised we would.Mathijs

Hey, thanks for the reply. It's a GF4 Ti4600 with the latest official drivers, so I doubt it's getting overloaded :) Other than that quirk, the scenery is quite good, very fast.

Mathijs,Only problem I have found is the lines for the aircraft to use when taxing into the gate disappear at night. They also disappear when is spot plane mode and you view from say 100' or more up from the ground. From inside the cockpit, I see the lines leading into the gate during the day but not at night? I have a 128MB GeForce 4 Ti4600 graphics card so I know it is not that. Maybe you guys in an effort to get max frames set the lead in lines for the gates not to show at night?

Eric 

Yay! Someone else confirms my problem, lol :)That's what I've been writing about above, this is what I meant by disappearing ground textures.

>Maybe you guys in an effort to get max >frames set the lead in lines for the gates not to show at >night? Exactly, dotted lights are quite heavy to draw, so we switched off the lines at night, in order to gain some cpu cycles. Same for the height. The lines disappear when higher than 40 meters, because you could be on final approach, and that is the moment where one needs the maximum smoothness possibile to land easily, and also to help any eventual autoland routine, like the PSS's A320 one. We take into account that users could also have *other* add-ons, like complex panels or other AI traffic, all using for the same CPU, so we tried to be polite, and grabbing only a fair amount of computing power required.So it's not a bug, it's designed to be like that. As a reference ( this could be maybe included in the docs ):surfacelines and hold short lines, yellow and white, disappear at night an over 40 meters.taxilines signs disappears over 30 metersvehicles, like trucks and other service cars, disappears after 100 meters.there are hundreds of other optimizations like that...for the records, the total polygon count of the *entire* scenery, is less than a single Gmax airplane, and every item is very often designed in multiple levels of detail, depending on distance. It's something that nobody did before, for a scenery, so we could use some fine tuning and suggestions from users, but I think the main design goal, that was demostrating that having a very detailed *and* fast scenery is possibile, has been achieved.best regards,

Well, I don't like the disappearing taxiway and surface lines, it really makes it hard to navigate the airport, at least for me. I guess there is no easy way to re-enable them, is there?

Hi Mathijs,I'm having a different problem - no AI shows up there at all. Mine is the only plane at the entire airport. I have all of the Project AI files installed, and they show up at the airports they're supposed to be at. Could there be a conflict?Other than that, it looks great! :)

BobK