Sign in to follow this  

POLL: What is your FS home airport?

What is your FS home airport and is that the part of the world you actually live in?My home airport is KBFI, Boeing Field in Seattle, WA USA. I actually live in Minneapolis, but for some reason, since FS98 I've been using KBFI for all test flights and as such it has become my home base.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ithaca, NY. I actually live about 1/4 mile from it and belong to the flying club there.David

RichKBFI. I worked there for the better part of 30 years and only live a few miles away.Tom

Buffalo Niagara International (KBUF)International because you could fly a paper airplane to Canada from here if the wind was right! :-lol I live next to the main runway and love to sit on my porch and watch the planes come in (or go depending on the wind).

Hmmm, am I allowed to have more than one? The airport closest to my real house is W75 (Hummel Field, Topping VA) I took lessons out of there for a while, then moved to PHF (Newport News/Williamsburg Intl.)...theres 2. NOW, I'm flying with school at Daytona Beach Intl...3. Oh yeah, there's my VA hub in Miami...4.

FS Home Base: KCLM (Port Angeles, Washington)Home Base: KHRO (Boone County Regional, Harrison, Arkansas)Have been looking real hard at property in the Port Angeles area. Hope to soon (within next year or so) make that THE home base.Cheers!Heather

I live about 7 miles along the coast from Manston/EGMH (formerly RAF Manston). It's got quite a history attached to it - used as a forward airfield by Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain, and then used as a staging post for fighter bomber sweeps over occupied Europe (mainly by Typhoons). Post war it was used very frequently by US military aircraft, and was also earmarked as a dispersal airfield for the RAF's V-Bombers. Since the end of the Cold War it's emerged that Manston was very high on the Soviet's nuclear target list because it has such a large runway.I normally had my FS home airport set to EGMH, but recently I've moved to Innsbruck (LOWI). I really like the scenery around the airport, and the approach is an interesting one too :-)

Real life, Adams Field Little Rock Arkansaw, FS home field, EGLL Heathrow.Lobaeux

Hi,Mine is Redhill, in the UK. Its a grass strip, several runways 26L &R & 08L & R plus 01 & 19. Its close to London and actually sits within the Gatwick zone. I actually fly from there for real so know the area well. Our scenery is not very good, but if anyone wants to try a flight let me know and I will send some realistic routes to local fields.Keithxgh23@dial.pipex.com

Hey to allMy home airport is EHAM in real live it's 5 mile SO off my home i have back off my house aircrafts at 1100 ft for landing on runway 19R and in 2003 in front off my house aircrafts at 400 ft landing on the new runway 18.On my FS2002 and NL2000 scenery i have about 125 aircrafts on EHAM. Jan EHAM

I mostly use fs to view my scenery design projects...always have one in work, and I set the home to that airport. Currently Bowerman Field, Hoquim, Washington. That'll change soon, cuz I'm uploading it today. Bob BernsteinEdmonds, Wa.

Living 0nly 20 away in London Ont. Canada, I do most of my flying from the London International Airport CYXU.Take Care:Kenny G.

Hi all!My homebase is EFKJ and it's Kauhajoki airport in Finland. I live near Kauhajoki airport and it has been my homebase all the time that i've been flying with Flight Simulator.But I also like Seattle-Tacoma, because there is Mt. Rainier near it! ;)

Edinburgh International!! EGPH/EDIWell not really..thats my closest big airfield...the nearest is....EGP- SOMETHING LOL...Glenrothes...

PDK...It's located just outside the metro atlanta,ga area and is one of the larger G/A airports in atlanta area.It's a great airport to fly in and out .I get a rush coming over interstate 285 on a appoarch to ils runway 20L .There is a great restraunt there called Downwinds which is about 100 FT away from rwy 16-32.the deck of the restraunt not only makes it great hanging out with friends but grabing alittle lunch and watching all the traffic up close.Over to the right of Downwinds is a plane spoting area that I always seems to find myself at even when iam not flying myself.Alot of the pictures I take are from that very spot. Here is a link to the airport incase you people are interested ;) http://www.pdkairport.org/Richard Dillon KPDKSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta TeamPAI beta tester ____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3