Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

XEngine termination during data population

Hi all,There were some additional problems with recent bad data from a handful of stations, causing occasional termination of XEngine during download/population.We've made several changes in the server code over the past few days to handle this, but some additional unexpected data was encountered over the past 24-48 hours. We have since adjusted the server again with a more comprehensive solution and such problems should be a thing of the past.In addition we've updated the client processes to recover much more gracefully in the event anything unexpected is handed down from the server. This redundant fix will be available in the first update for ASX.If any further related problems are experienced please post here in this thread.Thanks everyone!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

For my ASX install, it was hard locking during data population.As a last resort before reinstall, at the suggestion of Damian (I think it was him) I went into ASX.CFG and changed AutomaticDownloads = True.This allowed ASX to re-download a good set of wx data. I think before I had a bad set that was causing the lock and was being perpetually used every time I started ASX.Anyway once I did that, I could change back to AutomaticDownloads = False and go about my merry way.*Seems* to be working for me so far...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Grahame Myers

Well, after a few days of working perfectly, the old problem reared its ugly head again today. After working normally for over half an hour today, during "populating the data stream with new data", about 80% into the download : "XE engine has encountered a problem...etc"I'm loathe to re-install again before I know whether it's the same problem as up until now, where it was caused by a bad data set. Just thought I'd let you know, I'll wait and see if I'm the only one before I do anything.Btw,this morning I started from KORS and was just messing around VFR taking the countryside in in the surrounding area. The cloud and weather effects were truly stunning, a shame that it stopped working after a half an hour :-)BestGrahame

Guest mop27

here the same happens!

Just had the same problem happen to me. I have tried a number of times with ASX CTD halfway through populating the data stream.Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This did not work for me. I am going to screen dump the error and post later.Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yea mine is crappin out also this morning. worked fine last night.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Ditto. I have ben unable to get ASX to run after 5 or 6 attempts this morning. I have switched over to ASV6.5 and it is working fine.regards,Dave

>Here is the error message>AndrewWhoa that's different than what I was getting. I was just getting a hard lockup with no error message.Your error is something different.If it were me I would uninstall and reinstall. Probably the bad dataset corrupted your install.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi All,We are very sorry that this error has happened again and we are doing everything possible to prevent it. With a new data collection system we are working through these issues as they happen. We hope that these become less and less, until we get them all fixed. We hope that you will be as patient as possible.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

mine has been working ok again the past 12 hours.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png