Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

1.78 Gig RAM USAGE, and climbing! I DID it! I broke the 1.33 max RAM barrier!!!!

I have P4 3.2 ghz HT, 2 gb dual path RAM, 6800 GT 256 mb and FSX works pretty good for me except in places like Tokyo or New York City. I went to the screen that has the choice of program or system cache to see where to switch it. LOL....I found out that it was on system cache all ready and I didn't even know it. As far as I know I didn't conciously set it there. It's apparently been there for many months since the last time I reformated. I have never had any problems. Maybe thats why the sim is running well for me.Mike

Thanks for asking Mitch. Going from 2 to 4. My system is pretty beefy as is (see below). I built it just for FSX and have turned off everything that is not essential. I am already seeing 25-30 FPS in most places, even with normal to high autogen. The problem for me is stutters and blurries. Like most, I have tried every combination of sliders and tweaks. So I am hoping this tweak and another 2G will help. If not, I will use the memory in another system I am building.Regards,RichE6700 OC@3.2Ghz2GB Corsair XMS2 PC8500ASUS P5W DHATI X1950XTX 512M2 WD Raptor 150M

I have been using system cache with as little as 1GB RAM for about 2 years without any problems whatsoever - see lengthier reply posted in other thread.Fred

Just set mine to System Cache, and WOW! I actually gained only 7-8 FPS, but it is SO much smoother now as far as texture loading is concerned. My system is pretty much strictly FSX anyways, so it will stay... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!:D Blue skies!

can you please tell me RAM u got and what is your Autogen slider set to?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

The discovery of this tweak is rather interesting, as that registry entry mod is rather common on development systems.I wonder if the ACES devteam had this set on their testing machines as standard?In my industry it's one of the first mods I do to any system, as it improves performance for CAD and CGI applications that are also massive system resource hogs.Has anyone tried the /3GB switch in conjunction with this?

I got Kingston Hyper-X low latency DDR2 800MHz gaming ram, designed espesially for my SLi chipset (nVidia 590) on my board. I'm running each 1GB stick in a seperate channel for full 800MHz dual channel RAM.Autogen is at 100%. BTW I did NOT use the registry, I used the menu option in advanced settings. Also, I'm running my video cards in FULL 16x16 SLi with SLi16x anti-aliasing.