Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

1.78 Gig RAM USAGE, and climbing! I DID it! I broke the 1.33 max RAM barrier!!!!

Hi Tim!You are preaching to the choir with me, LOLOLOL!JUST to confirm that this is the most SINGLE important thing you can enable as far as FSX is concerned, I turned off CACHE FILE performance (where you state) and turned back on PROGRAM performance...did a reboot......fired up FSX..and it was the same blurry-textured, stuttering DOG of a program, that is was before this morning when I turned on the RAM performance feature..and thought that someone had replaced my store-bought copy of FSX with a 'in-house' copy that worked like there was no tomorrow, LOLI place my faith on up-to-date Catalyst drivers, and the fact that M.S. went GOLD with this feature in place. They didn't have to. It has a purpose if you have the RAM to offer it...My FPS didn't go up..but the ENTIRE sim went GOLD at 2000 percent!It is NOW...finally NOW...as 'real as it gets'. :))))Enjoy...we might be besides GEOFA, the only three to fly..and not stumble....through the thing...Mitch R.

>**WARNING**>>This is NOT a new tweak, but it is a very volitile one not>recommende for use. This tweak is designed specifically for>servers not running any regular user applications or drivers>such as thoses used by your GPU, soundcard, etc.Yep this one is as old as XP :-lolBut indeed could trigger an unbootable system ;-)Very dangerous setting at your PC and used for servers ;-)Just skip this one if you want to have a stable system...Be prepared to restore form backup ;-) or image....Andr

André

Hi Mitch lol... this really is a great tweak. I am running the latest catalyst drivers as well.. and I cannot believe how smooth things are running. And yes, my pc here is dedicated ONLY to fsx :) So I am pretty darn happy at this moment. In major cities and airports before the tweak, I only got about 12fps max. Now I get about 16-20. And it FEELS way smoother. Anyways thanks again for this. No go have fun! :)Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest mariosunshine

I have a FSX dedicated machine, so if it goes down, I real don't care apart from 4 hours of reinstall. Does this tweak have any effect on XP64 or does the 64 bit version anyway manage memory diferent? I remember the largest mb use I saw was about 1.45 GB with 2 GIg's of ram

nice tweak - does make things a bit smoother - BUT I have 2 gigs of RAM and max usage is only 800MB :( Gothic 3 I've seen up to 1.4 gig !Mark.

Guest charlesk

I have 1.5 megs of ram.....am i going to benefit from this tip?

nice tweak - but still can't get FSAA or AF to work properly with my X1900XT :(not a patch on Vista RC2 + ATI RC2 driver - visuals better at much higher frame rates.only have FSX on my Vista install -but enjoying it to the maxMark.

It says In the Memory usage area, choose one of the following configurations:

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

You may never have a problem. Most systems don't. But that doesn't negate the fact that you're continuing to promote a change that has been proven to be problematical. Good for you that you haven't had a probem, but this "tweak" had been a disaster for some folks here who have blindly followed some really poor advice. You'd be doing everyone a favor by just quietly enjoying your good fortune and stop encouraging folks who may not know of the risks involved.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest CHRISH

Thanks Bruce very interesting!But how do you access the registry key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControl Session ManagerMemory ManagementSometime did tell me but I have forgotten.Best Wishes,ChrisEGBB UK

Guest FxF3

So far FSX has run great for me out of the box. The only tweaks I have done is the cfg. tweaks. I would never try anything that would mess up your computer. I'm not sure of this ram thing. I think 2gb is the limit for FSX. I have never seen mine climb pass 1.3gb I even turned ever thing to max got in the 747 and thats what My ram usage was with 384mb video memory.