Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

1.78 Gig RAM USAGE, and climbing! I DID it! I broke the 1.33 max RAM barrier!!!!

Guest SimFan71

Well and I just read Kevin's post too - he has a very valid point about if the write cache did get severely behind, he actually made your original point suddenly come very clear to me, should have been obvious really - fortunately I can eat a peice of humble pie when required!Hopefully Mitch reads his post too!

Second that.BE WARNED that changing the largesystemcache setting bears a HIGH PROBABILITY that the system WILL CRASH unintentionally and cause PERMANENT DATA LOSS!My advice is to NOT CHANGE the setting of this registry neither in regedit nor in the GUI dialog.This little key can easily be changed but is one of the most dangerous for system stability.So again, think twice!Andreas

...don't come back here and complain if your system dies. Fair warning has been made here for many months (years?). Every time someone posts this "tweak" someone else comes back to complain about losing all their data. As Jaap has said, the LargeSystemCache "tweak" was never meant to be used on a workstation and is known to create serious problems, including loss of all data, on some systems. If you're one of the unfortunate and get bit by this "tweak", a reformat and OS reinstall is probably your only way out. Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I just came back from a two hour flight in the C172 from Detroit to Cinncinatti. Lots of sightseeing along the way. No system meltdown.I also have abundant physical RAM now, too!I am having no problems WHATSOEVER!In fact, this has got to be the GREATEST SINGLE tweak I have ever seen!I have such full, smooth animation, NO BLURRIES, No defects, Gawd..just flying low and fast over CLEAR and defined scenery is mind-blowing!In fact, this single tweak has made FSX EXACTLY what I had hoped for right out of the box.You guys are reporting the sky is falling. I appreciate that. I'll take the risk...this has made FSX freakin' FANTASTIC.I taxied into my parking space at Cincinnati-Kentucky ordered the fuel truck, it came with such fluidity in animation, it suspended disbelief right there.I believe that you have to have 3 or more gigs to make this tweak happen. I think failures (if any, actually) have been where the resources of PHYSICAL RAM have been sucked down to the last megabyte.Again, Bruce...THANK YOU. I'm now going to fire up FS9 and see what/how this tweak/setting affects for the good that that simulation.Cheers, a million!Mitch R.

Are you going from 2 to 4, or from 1 to 3?If you do get three fat, lush GIGGERS of RAM, be sure to open those puppies up with this tweak.Then and go fly low at 120 miles per hour over some favorite scenery.Then come back here...and be verbose.:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))It's like you just put the pick into the ground in a mine you were working in for 15 years and find you just HIT THE MOTHER LOAD!Blurriness?Say what?Stutters and scenery jerkiness?Say WHAT??!??!?!?You have this on your machine? Pity....it must truly SUCK to have a simulation perform like this...ROTFLMBO!(Whisper...) "There is a cure...." Pssst...c'mon into the back room and we'll tell ya about it..." It's called AMPLE RAM and LargeSystemCache placed to '1'.FSX has landed....Mitch'er

Guest baksteen33

AIM, no worries, mate. My concern was purely factual. Besides, we've probably all be mistaken in the past! :-) A couple of years ago, I thought it was a good idea to slice harddrives into pieces like a cake. Having the OS on C, FS on D, etc. Current 'knowledge' would say: "Wrong!" So, my piece of humble pie too... :-) Anyway, specially the large NTFS partitions bit can cause problems in conjunction with an enabled LSC. A couple of years ago most users would not have been affected, but this is changing rapidly with the increasing number of huge Raid-0 partitions and large HDs. Thankfully, there's a group of individuals here - called the ATDTW - who'll jump in in case the 'LSC-tweak' surfaces. The ATDTW? Ohhh, that's Avsim's Timezone Dependant Tweak Watchdogs! :-) Kind regards Jaap

Now, why do I get visions of a Snake Oil salesman in a western movie.As others have said, YMMV and this can be a dangerous "tweak".It is wise to be cautious, this is not a NEW tweak.VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I hear ya.One thing though to consider.Until now, NOBODY that I know, including myself has ever had a need to max out or at least go 75 percent O.S. RAM capacity.Until FSX, we all have had 512 or 1 gig systems for the most part.If someone had 2 gigs of RAM, it was seen as OVERKILL.Until FSX showed up in the door.I ONLY went from 1 gig to 3 as a result of owning FSX.The jury is still out on damage with systems with ample physical RAM to hold the page files until they write to disk.IF your system is stable, this is one powerful performance tweak.M.S. gives no dire warning on their page or severe qualifiers.I do appreciate the warnings, but it's like the stories of a friend-of-a-friend had this problem with their car dealer.If someone who read this thread AND has had dire results by using this tweak--with full descriptions of pre and post system, THAT would be most helpful as a warning.I have had my system in this configuration for hours with all manner of input and output during my normal usage, and NOTHING has been lost or corrupted.I'll keep you posted...as I scream around in FSX at the speed of light... :)Cheers!Mitch'er

Hi Geofa!Geofa...try this........fire up FSX and then go to your favorite scenery.Fly LOW...and FAST. Tell me what you saw as per the landscape rendered below your banking wing.Any blurriness?Smooth as silk, with no jerkiness?"Thought so..." :)It's amazing what a 0 to 1 can do....How many combined hundreds to thousands of forum hours and postings have been made over the years since FS95 to try to seek remedies for scenery rendering, blurs, jerkiness, stutters....smooth and constant simulation animation....and all gone with ample, reserve system RAM and the digit, '1'.(I shake my head.....)Mitch

**WARNING**This is NOT a new tweak, but it is a very volitile one not recommende for use. This tweak is designed specifically for servers not running any regular user applications or drivers such as thoses used by your GPU, soundcard, etc.Now, be warned, this tweak has the capacity to render your GPU and soundcard into messengers of death through errors caused with their drivers an in turn cause your XP to become unbootable. It has happened and is very well documented.Before you do this to your system be SURE you are aware that you may come to find that it is no longer possible to boot into Windows ever again.If you are going to use this, I would never suggest having it in place and rebooting your PC. Also, you'd BETTER ghost image your sytems also.EDITED: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use this tweak with an ATI card!!!I PLEAD with those of you using this tweak to be very careful in regard to what you are willing to sacrifice for this tweak!You have been **WARNED**

Guest bdg

I believe the caution statements are without a doubt valid. My setup is for games only and I ghost my drive. My important stuff is on another system. So for me if something does happen It's a quick fix. For those who have nothing to lose, it is a great option. for those who have all of their family pictures, financial or other important data, the risk of course is much greater. It seems that this is one of the best options to date.ThanksBob

Also another way is you can Right-Click My Computer, Select Properties, Click Advanced, Choose Performance, Click Advanced, Select either Programs or System Cache under Memory UsageThe programs=0 for the registry tweak equivalentsystem cache=1 for the regittry tweak equivalentRegardsTim :)By the way this increased my framerates 4-6. Now I have my autogen slider almost full right with all other tweaks applied :)I am happy.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com