Sign in to follow this  
Gazer75

Practice thread #9

Practice continues here.We are now getting close to US again.Baton is free at CYZP

Hi JozefWe are slowly working our way around the problem. We have gotten Soarpics and arrvoo fixed up...But now I see a problem with you...Could you please check your ports again?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Off to Pemeberton as it's the closest i'm going to get to Whistler this year for a bit of snowboarding

Harv.png?dl=1

Hi Manfred,Congratulations on getting in some good practice legs. The P38 is a very popular aircraft and a good choice for the race. I've noticed that you do not fly on bushnet. If you are able I would encourage you to try it. Bushnet and/or teamspeak is a great way to keep in touch with your teamates during the race really adds to the experience. During the race many of us will monitor the teams progress by checking the bushnet server. If you need help just let us know. Best,Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest Manolito

thanx jeff...i wouldv'e liked to engage in some multiplayer-flying but unfortunately my fs9 regularly goes CTD if i try that...i've tried to find out how to solve the problem but to no avail...if i would do a complete reinstall and update maybe that would do the trick...but that would mean a real BIG heap of hassle...my fs9 is now over 12 gigs big and i would have to adjust a lot of addons...so, i'll just have to do without for the time being...;( ...maybe you have the magic solution? there is not one single error message to learn something from...it just goes poof! and away...but it still is a lot of fun even if i cannot be online...best regards,manfred

Sorry to hear about the multiplayer problems. I have been lucky and had no problems with crashes although I have had failure to connect problems on occasion. I too have a huge number of addons and would not recommend a re-installation of flight sim unless absoultely necessary.You should consider trying teamspeak. The only thing you will need is a headset with a microphone. The teamspeak application is a free software download and is completely separate from flight sim.http://www.goteamspeak.com/When the race is underway a great deal of the planning and consesus decision making is accomplished in the AVSIM race teamspeak forums. In the teamspeak environment ideas flow back and forth much faster than in forums. It's also a great way to get to know your fellow pilots who can render assistance during the race with scouting reports and destination airport weather conditions. Best,Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Nice flight... it was kinda interesting towards the end, with it being pitch black and knowing there were 10,000+ foot peaks just before the arrival point... but I made it... at least on the second try lol. Had to execute a missed approach the first time around, but I made it in the second time. Recorder file is available if anyone wants it.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141547.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141549.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141550.jpg

Guest Manolito

i have to ask this: how do you get a picture to SHOW in the forum... if i do an upload they only show up as links...but yours i can actually see...and i just haven't found that "trick" yet...will anyone please show me?

Guest Manolito

i have the baton KBJC - KDFWrolling, rolling, rolling...:-roller