Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

10 years of Microsoft Flight Simming for me... How abou...

I've been simming since 1986 (almost 20 years this November).The FS version out then was FS4. I had a Tandy 1000EX at the time with Tandy's Deskmate installed (Oops they didn't have Hard Drives back then so I guess you could say I had the disk to load it up if need be)... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

FS2 from 1983 on an Apple IIE. 64K of RAM, dual RANA floppy drives, 14" amber monitor, and a black B&H case. And all of that for only US$2100. What a deal...Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Had Microprose Flight Sim on my Commodore 64 had to have been mid 80's,i miss 'pressing play on tape' then skipped every single version up until FS2004!! Does that cheat a bit? Last week I found a copy of FS6 under a pile of clothes, and I've not been able to go back to FS9 since!Can anybody remember the sequence of buttons to press to load a game on the C64? Thought I'd never forget that oneGeorge Tyrrell

The first version I bought was Flight Sim 2 for the Apple ][+. I had the first version, but did not purchased it. Not that I would not have, just could not find it. You have to remember back in those days you went into your local Apple Store and the software was pinned to a cork board, hanging in zip lock baggies. But FS 2 by Sublogic was awsome, we spend an entire several hours during the monthly Apple Users Group meeting showing it off. I remember being sooooo jelious, if you had 64K of mememory you could see wings!!! All I asked for Xmas that year was for 16K of memory, big deal since I was 14 at the time. Later when forced to join the PC World, I started with FS3 and have owned everyone since then.Every version I have been excited for and thought it was a big jump forward. That was until Flight Sim 98 to 2000 came out, it was hard for me to use and was so glad FS2K kicked its butt soon after. But I would definately say FS2K2 or FS2K4 have been my favorite. I know of what I see with FSX it will be great and I don't think Microsoft will alienate all of the addons we have now. There was not a lot of problems with FS2K addons working in FS2K4, maybe a patch will all that is needed. In 2005 at the AVSIM conference, there was a presentation that mentioned it as one of their primary concerns.

Guest rooman83

since about 1999 on and off when i got a copy of FS2K with my old computer but i've been using FS98 solid for about a yearrooMAN

Guest bobdell

>It was July 1995 when I purchased Flight Simulator 5.1, and>the passion for this product has not eased up a bit (in fact>it has gotten more intense), so it has been about 10 years for>me. There's absolutely nothing like it!>>10 years for me - How long has it been it been for you? How>long have you been Microsoft Flight Simming?>>RHHi,I have been flying Flight Simulators for 18 years now, of which two years have been on line using IVAO South Africa,I started in 1988 with one of the earlier MSFS programs

Guest WWA5513

Well I thought I was in at the beginning. But some research showed me that the Apple IIe was not released 'till Jan. 1983. I bought Bruse Artwick's FS shortly after I got the computer so I guess I can claim 23 years.BTW Here is another good historical sitehttp://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/index.htm