Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

We've got an FS9 forum!!!

Thanks Avsim for listening... :-)I'd give things another year before we can all join the one world of Flight Simulator again... Once hardware catches up, Vista is released, and Aces gives us the FSX patch that will make the default sim more resource friendly, we'll all be on the same page with one version. For now I can enjoy reading discussions about all these new FS9 titles still being released for FS9 like the new Geneva scenery... Thanks again Avsim... :-beerchug

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest drmweaver2

I want to say that I appreciate the AVSIM staff for setting up the FS9 forum. It should definitely save some forum-scanning time for those of us who won't be anywhere near FSX for months.

Guest Jeff Berman

Thanks AVSIM :-beerchug

Thanks for listening Tom (as always) to your visitors!! Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Saludos Amigos. Barrrammmm!!!(Where the h*ck did I get that from?)Sorry, too much :-beerchug, but thanks Avsim! Thanks a lot!!!Eagle

I am glad that they have the two forums now as well. RJ, Just out of curiosity I looked just now to see where your post was that you have link there, and I found it on page 12, after only 3 days. Also to respond to that post, I just starting using FS9 a year ago, before that I had FS2002 which I bought about 2 months before FS9 was released. I upgraded from FS98, nevered owned fs 2000. So I suspect that I will be flying FS9 for a long time to come. Anytime I think that I will want to upgrade to FSX, I will just fire up my FS98, fly with that for about an hour, so when I go back to FS2004 it will look great. Maybe by the time FS11 is ready to be released I will go to FSX, who knows.Glenn

Thanks Tom for listening and then taking such quick aciton. Now we have the best of both worlds. Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

You have to look at the dates of post as people's views change with new information over time (either that or you were waiting for the right time to bring that comment/thread back up). I made those comments prior to even the first demo of FSX. I too back then didn't think we'd have the unique situation we have now. I didn't know myself back then that I would make the choice to stay with FS9 for at least another six months to a year... When I install FSX and run it I need not only for FSX to run well but also perform with the most complex and demanding add-ons. I want full autogen and all the features of FSX turned on. Until hardware becomes available that can do that I'm sticking with FS9. Now if you can find a more recent post where I'm talking about installing and running FSX with glee, well that would be something indeed. Let me know if you find anything. :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Dnsmo

Excellent move. As I don't forsee going to FS X anytime soon, I was beginning to feel pretty isolated from information about my favorite sim platform.Thanks for helping to keep this my favorite FS forum by your decision.

Thank you Tom and the avsim staff for making it happen ! ;) I think for now it will help alot of people thanks again :D.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest brunovinci

My eyes tired of scanning the FSX maze are saying thank you to Tom. Now let's fly this good ol' FS9. :-outta