Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

We've got an FS9 forum!!!

Thanks Avsim for listening... :-)I'd give things another year before we can all join the one world of Flight Simulator again... Once hardware catches up, Vista is released, and Aces gives us the FSX patch that will make the default sim more resource friendly, we'll all be on the same page with one version. For now I can enjoy reading discussions about all these new FS9 titles still being released for FS9 like the new Geneva scenery... Thanks again Avsim... :-beerchug

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I want to say that I appreciate the AVSIM staff for setting up the FS9 forum. It should definitely save some forum-scanning time for those of us who won't be anywhere near FSX for months.

Saludos Amigos. Barrrammmm!!!(Where the h*ck did I get that from?)Sorry, too much :-beerchug, but thanks Avsim! Thanks a lot!!!Eagle

I am glad that they have the two forums now as well. RJ, Just out of curiosity I looked just now to see where your post was that you have link there, and I found it on page 12, after only 3 days. Also to respond to that post, I just starting using FS9 a year ago, before that I had FS2002 which I bought about 2 months before FS9 was released. I upgraded from FS98, nevered owned fs 2000. So I suspect that I will be flying FS9 for a long time to come. Anytime I think that I will want to upgrade to FSX, I will just fire up my FS98, fly with that for about an hour, so when I go back to FS2004 it will look great. Maybe by the time FS11 is ready to be released I will go to FSX, who knows.Glenn

Thanks Tom for listening and then taking such quick aciton. Now we have the best of both worlds. Carl

You have to look at the dates of post as people's views change with new information over time (either that or you were waiting for the right time to bring that comment/thread back up). I made those comments prior to even the first demo of FSX. I too back then didn't think we'd have the unique situation we have now. I didn't know myself back then that I would make the choice to stay with FS9 for at least another six months to a year... When I install FSX and run it I need not only for FSX to run well but also perform with the most complex and demanding add-ons. I want full autogen and all the features of FSX turned on. Until hardware becomes available that can do that I'm sticking with FS9. Now if you can find a more recent post where I'm talking about installing and running FSX with glee, well that would be something indeed. Let me know if you find anything. :-)

Excellent move. As I don't forsee going to FS X anytime soon, I was beginning to feel pretty isolated from information about my favorite sim platform.Thanks for helping to keep this my favorite FS forum by your decision.

Thank you Tom and the avsim staff for making it happen ! ;) I think for now it will help alot of people thanks again :D.

My eyes tired of scanning the FSX maze are saying thank you to Tom. Now let's fly this good ol' FS9. :-outta

Kudos to Avsim for splitting the forum. Thanks for being responsive to the users.Jim

Dillon, you've missed the point. In the future, if someone posts a question, maybe respond with a mature answer, rather than "belittle" them, about the version they're using. PS: I might just beat you to FSX after all.. :-lolJust kidding... Welcome back to FS9.

What Jim said............I know its more time, expense and trouble for Avsim but we do appreciate it!Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Cat.5.13's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Thanks Tom and staff for the dedicated FS9 forum. I'll be sticking with FS9 for a while yet, so it's great to have one stop for current information and discussion. I don't post much, but I check in here almost every day, so this change is much appreciated.John G.

"Dillon, you've missed the point."Well first of all sorry if you took what I was trying to say the wrong way. If I remember correctly there were a couple of threads up at the time where there was a discussion going on about who still uses older versions of FS. You just happen to post at the right time to confirm my point to others who were challenging me on the issue. So in the context of that thread alone I could see where you took it the wrong way but at the time there were two other threads going right along yours where we were battling the issue out.

thanks guys,i'm happy :)if i ever make it to one of them conventions,beer is on me ;)cheersJP.

Thank you, Avsim. Maybe in the future, FSX. Not now, though.

As someone who posted asking for this, I have to thank AVSIM for responding positively.