Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

TBM 700, It's finally here!!!!!

"lol... thats a fake weather radar. Its not actually showing the weather outside your plane."Dang it, I done gone and made myself dizzy doing 45 degree banks trying to catch up to that weather on the radar and it's fake? Go figger' :)

Guest Len

Wow Bill. Great mod for a great plane.Thanks

>Wow Bill. Great mod for a great plane.I'm just trying to add some more frosting to an already great cake! All credit goes to the original team for doing such an outstanding job.Now I'm working hard to clear my desk of my backlog of "real work" so I can get back to this a/c and finish what I've started... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

WOW this is some great bird, many thanks to all involvedJust one thing I have not seen mentioned here. I have found TMB700very sluggish in the ground handling area especialy on small airfieldtaxiways. Looking forward to update.PS That back lit panel Bill has done is sensational.VistaBetaTester.jpgClive M.

Guest ekkaihla

The ground handling got substantially better by editing the landing gear locations in the aircraft.cfg so that they match the location of the gear in the 3D model. I also increased the steering angle of the nose gear slightly. If you wish to try it out, please copy & paste the follwoing three lines into the contact_points -section in the aircraft.cfg (replacing the original entries for these lines). Make sure you back up your original file first.point.0 = 1.000, 7.000, 0.000, -4.600, 1000.000, 0.000, 0.500, 40.000, 0.200, 2.500, 0.550, 3.000, 3.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000point.1 = 1.000, -2.425, -6.550, -4.800, 1500.000, 1.000, 0.500, 0.000, 0.300, 2.500, 0.570, 7.000, 7.000, 2.000, 0.000, 0.000point.2 = 1.000, -2.425, 6.550, -4.800, 1500.000, 2.000, 0.500, 0.000, 0.300, 2.500, 0.570, 7.000, 7.000, 3.000, 0.000, 0.000-Esa

Wow, this thread is still going strong it seems. Since that's the case, let me again say thanks to the team for this fantastic FREEWARE product. The amount of edits and interest in the product, I hope, has demonstrated how much thousands of us appreciate your project. I'm looking forward to the update that's coming as well.Thanks again for making my favorite FS airplane. I have flown little else besides the TBM (except for testing a/c).

Here is my final cut on the VC backlighting... I'm sending the file(s) back to Cyril for him to incorporate into the next build... ;)Avionics stack will go "dark" when the avionics power is off.All other gauges will go "dark" when the panel lights switch is off.http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9404/tb...ighted046ro.jpg

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That looks great Bill!Any impact on fps (did you need to build more gauge polys to accomodate the backlighting?)-John

Beautiful work Fr. Bill but I've come to expect that from you ;)

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Bill, all I can say is thank you for your amazing work as always. I look forward to the update. Have a good night everyone.Best regards, Jeff

What ZOOM level does everybody fly from in the VC . With most a/c, I find 75% to be a good balance -- but it seems that you really need to fly at 50% with this bird- otherwise you basically can't see the gauges. Barry

Hey Barry, I like to fly at a zoom value of 90%. If I'm not mistaken, the cockpit of this plane is somewhat tight. I found 90% to be a good setting as far as realism is concerned. Do you have your settings for panning different than the 400 default? I use 700 in the FS9 config, this way it's easier to scan the gauges more quickly. I do agree with you with the view point. I find 75% to be too much for my personal liking. But without zooming out at all, it does make things more challenging.Best regards, Jeff