Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

TBM 700, It's finally here!!!!!

Check the library, we now have an awesome FREEWARE TBM 700. This is one of the happiest fs days of my life!!!!!!Special thanks to the developer who took the time to make the manuals in French and English!!!!!:-jumpy

Anybody know how to cut down the shine?It's so bright that you have to wear sunglasses in the spot view. I can hardle see the paint scheme.

As far as I can see, this a/c is for Fly! and shouldn't be posted in this forum.

HelloWhat is amazing is the great framerates with so much detail on offer

What is terribly disappointing is the complete lack of gauge backlighting in the VC at night, in spite of my conversation with Cyril and his assurances that it would be included... :-erksI had to modify the panel.cfg to get the runway visible from either of the two panel views - "full" or "landing." Someone put 3.0,0.0,0,0 for the View Forward Dir entries, which basically had me looking at the sky. I also changed the ZOOM factor to 80% to provide a better forward view:VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.800VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=0.000, 0.000, 0.000I also adjust the Default View parameters, to bring the 3d window to just below the glareshield of the 'landing panel':[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=2943 //this "raises" the bottom edge of the 3d window!The amount of "specular shine" can be reduced by editing the alpha channel of the exterior bitmaps, to cut the blinding glare a bit... ;)Aside from the above minor issues, the model, airfile and gauging are terrific, and indeed the framerates are surprisingly high! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"The amount of "specular shine" can be reduced by editing the alpha channel of the exterior bitmaps, to cut the blinding glare a bit... ;)"This is the second reference to glare I've seen posted. I haven't had any problem (note my screenshots posted in the screenshots forum). Could the glare be vid card specific?Thanks for the reminder about raising the edge of the 3-d window. It's most certainly needed in the 2-d landing view.I wasn't paying attention to the gauge backlighting--I wonder if Cyril was pressed for time. However, I noticed the static wicks on the ends of the wings aren't modelled in the interior(VC) view. It makes me wonder if the Virtual cockpit/cabin wasn't quite the version intended for release. More likely they just didn't get cloned.If you do share any more communications with the team, the only other issue I've noted is that the landing lights are only visible in the VC and not from the 2-d panel. In FSDS 2 we have to set up a "forward view" to accomplish this. I wonder is something similar is required for GMAX?Anyway, it's such an outstanding project. Wish my wife were into the hobby :( -John

Hello BillThanks for posting these edits i will give them a try although i fly mostly from the VC, i do tend to start in the 2D panel whilst starting up and getting ATC clearence.To be fair to the developers of this fantastic Freeware aircraft i have been flying it all afternoon with no problems.Unlike a certain Payware 777 which i bought when it was released and is in the hanger full of bugs.My only critisism apart from the backlighting which you noted is the 3D knobs in the VC which are preventing me from adding my RXP garmins and WX500.

Does anyone know, or perhaps the developers can tell us... Will there be a paint kit for it? I have edited the TBMpaint.bmp, but it would be nice to start from a higher resolution Photoshop file or something.Looking forward to painting some TBM700 paint schemes in greater detail.Thanks,Kevin

>What is terribly disappointing is the complete lack of gauge>backlighting in the VC at night, in spite of my conversation>with Cyril and his assurances that it would be included...>>>Just so we know, it's ok to question what a freeware author does, and say you are disappointed...Ok.. Just checking and keeping this post for the future. :-)Of course I could post what the payware authors write when someone posts a similar thought, but this is about the TBM so I won't do so right now.

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Hello Sonar5Probably the best Freeware Ga aircraft this year, currently 4550 FREE D/L's in 24 hoursAnd it has managed to generate 11 posts in this thread, two of them unbelivebly have negative comments.Freeware developers are going to have start including fully licenced Reality XP gauges to please some folks.Seriously this is as good as or better than 90% of the payware GA aircraft that i own, and that is a big list.

Tom,He came right out and accused the Author of something. Is that ok for him to do?Please read what he wrote.To me, that is what is disappointing.I'll leave it at that.Regards,Joe

It really is a nice aircraft judging from the screenshots.I have been waiting for it for a while now. I just downloaded it, and am looking forward to flying it.As for the negative comments about it, well to each his own, and this aircraft, I choose to own. :-)