Sign in to follow this  
Guest krswen

Opinions on FS Navigator vs FS Build ...

I'd like to purchase one or the other, but would value some user input first. I run FS9 mostly, but have FSX installed as well.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, I have FS Nav - it's great and I use it all the time in FS9, BUT it won't work in FS10, and there's no sign of an upgrade/new product anytime soon. FS Build, on the other hand, is becoming more attractive by the second, as it is closer to "real life", and will export .pln files anywhere you tell it. My hold-off has been that I'm waiting (patiently) for the FS10 version of DreamFleet's 727 to hit my pc - and there's no sign of that one either! If the 727 comes first, then I will buy FS Build, dump FS Nav, and use FS Build in both sims.Hope this helps. . .

HelloHave a look at FS Commander, very niceWill even check for airspace violations in your planVery cool

The two are really quite different applications.FSBuild - A flight planner with abilty to export plans in multiple formats to many addon programs/planes. Cannot run inside FS.FSNav - Poor flight planner (unless you have the complete flight plan already). Excels at being a moving map, FMS. Can run inside FS.I use both but each for different things.Mark.

I concur - they are two very different programs. You should not try to compare them. You can download FSNav to try out for 30 days, so see what you think.

www.fsroute.com will generate .pln and .rte files for your various FMC's for free!