Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Did the Wilco Airbus ever arrive at the gate?

Strangely enough, ever since the previous Wilco Airbus A320 there really hasn't been a serious attempt at releasing a high fidelity Airbus (the PSS Airbuses don't count...they are not a serious attempt). However, there seems to be a deafening silence!Besides the one person who posted screenshots has anyone:a) purchased the Airbus? :( sucessfully downloaded and installed the Airbus?c) installed and flown the Airbus?I know that Airliner-XP stolen a good part of the Wilco thunder but knowning the impulsive nature of the community, I am positive that more than a handful waiting for the Airliner-XP has also purchased Wilco's version.Where are the comments, suggestions, critique and praise for a landmark release? I figured the board would be full of posts by now.

Whoops, never mind. Taking a look over at the Feelthere forum it looks like we have not seen a server explosion that big since the big bang 15 billion years ago.Well, rumor has it that some guys in Germany have downloaded the Wilco Airbus :-lolI am sure the AirlinerXP folks are laughing their butts off right now.

Nice one Mark. On a more serious note, I do hope AXP takes note of the Wilco disaster. I for one am waiting for AXP's (I am sure AXP's announcement was made so those like me don't have to spend money for two A320's which I am actually grateful for) version and hope that they have the server capacity on release day. Heck, PMDG even got crunched when their 744 came out.

Eric 

The guys that make up AXP have been around the block a few times, I'm sure launch will be fine. Unlike Wilco they've actually learned something after all these years ;-)

Guest SilverCircle

>Whoops, never mind. Taking a look over at the Feelthere>forum it looks like we have not seen a server explosion that>big since the big bang 15 billion years ago.>Well, rumor has it that some guys in Germany have downloaded>the Wilco Airbus :-lolYes, they have. On one of our forums, someone already posted some screens and wrote a few first impressions.It seems to work decent - these reports state that FBW actually works very well (much, much, much better than in the PSS buses) and the a/p is on the smoother side.The exterior model was described as "good, but not spectacular", the VC looks ok on the shots.>I am sure the AirlinerXP folks are laughing their butts off>right now.Well, honestly, I do feel a bit sad for FT - they really don't deserve such a fubar'd release, cause their products are usually nice.

Yeah, and to make matters worse, not only can't anyone download the darned thing, Wilco put a 3 download limit on each purchase so it seems that scores of people have gotten a weired 1 kb file, and kept trying to download. The server thinks they downloaded the whole thing and locked their download access!So not only can't anyone download the Airbus because the server is swamped, most can't download because they have also locked themselves out.Well...at least we haven't seen a fiasco like this in quite some time, the more things change the more things stay the same.

The 'its up' thread over at the feelthere forums has turned into a wilco bash fest by page 3. It sounds like a truck stop in there now.:-lol

Eric 

I won't even give my opinion of this Wilco thing. I bought it. Do I have it installed? Take a guess.Jack

This is clearly shaping up to be the biggest clusterphuck in the history of flightsim releases. ricardo

Purchased 12 hours ago, still don't have the FS9 version I need, with no response from support.I just learned about the AirlinerXP Airbus project 2 hours ago, and I already want a refund for the Wilco Airbus I haven't even flown yet. :(

Guys I beta test for Feelthere and I am as much surprised by all this as you are. Wilco is to blame for all of this without question. They rushed this product before all testing was done and here we are. Feelthere did a great job with this product but things are seeming a bit rushed. I for one wasn't informed before released and it became as much of a shock for me as it was for many of you not being able to download it. Remember there has to be two of everything now (one for FS9 and one for FSX). The FS9 version I have still had a few things to go but alas it's already pushed on the market. Ooh well like someone already said, "Why would anyone be bothered with Wilco when there's groups like Flight1 or SimMarket to handle your products"...This should be more than a wakeup call for FeelThere...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Can't hold back here anymore and need to comment about the Wilco A320 release:Wilco showed repeatedly in the past that:a) they rush unfinished things to market:( their servers are incapable of handling the amount of download requestsc) they have a cumbersome security system in place which counts the number of downloads and locks customers out after 3 attemptsAs a consequence, at release time, the servers are constantly failing to provide the demanded download service. In addition to that the users are locking themselves out because they get only partial downloads due to the lack of server resources resulting in Wilco support getting flooded by mails requesting a reset of the download counters. And at last, if someone was lucky enough to download, he/she gets a buggy product.It's a riddle to me why in the world FeelThere continues to have a partnership with Wilco and let them distribute their products.All in all I see this as a real disaster given the fact that we had all this several times before, and no one seemed to learn from history which now repeats another time.But in the end, all that doesn't seem to matter: people continue to buy whatever Wilco releases, to whatever conditions. And that's the real sad point here: customers have the power to change something by refusing to buy. Exactly that doesn't happen here, the opposite is the case: people buy and download as if the A320 were the last add on ever released.Sorry, folks, but ranting in various forums after the purchase isa) completely useless - no one at Wilco or FeelThere will give a dime for your angry thoughts, as you see, they continue business as usual:( a sign of complete misunderstanding of the situation: the FS world is small enough that most people should have an idea of how Wilco sells and what the problems are each time they release something; and most should know that the release versions are buggy as well.So, why do people moan and rant? Why did they buy at all?! I simply cannot longer understand this attitude and only shake my head...AndreasP.S.: waiting silently for the (much better) other 'buses...

Wish I had read this before I typed my card number into the Wilco order page. Why Oh why do I keep doing this. You would of thought I had learned to be more catious on my ordering after SSW310 (bought this twice due to there poor customer relations) Captain Sim (purchased 727, 707 and c130 hoping that each would not suffer from the probs of the last) and the firm favourite for 'Worst developer for FS..EVER' Ariane.Thankyou for flight1 and their money back offer, I promise I will never cheat on you again.PaulEdited Just requested a refund. I know that it states thats no refunds can be given for downloaded products but as I have not downloaded anything I can't see it being a problem! Lets see. PS 'MY OPINION' Stay away

Paul Edwards