Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eek

Post your support for FS9 here please?

I like this topic. I feel safe here :-wedge Pulls up chair.... Hi, I'm Max and I love FS9.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Chant at the next FS Convention (en mass)!Developers: What do you want?FS9 User: FS9Developers: How long do you want it?FS9 User: Forever!;)Cheers,

Guest Water Mango

I'm on board for FS9 as well... :-)Unless FSX is revamped to give us things like better ATC, SID/STAR approaches, ATC coordinated holding patterns, a reason to turn on Yaw Damper and the Ice switch for wing icing, then FS9 will be the mainstay. FSX has nothing but fluff and little improved for aviation enthusiast to even bother.Aces needs to get a clue and understand either make FS a sim that further reflects reality or put the thing on XBOX. Quite screwing around and make sure if the sim stays on PC's the wheel isn't reinvented with each new release concerning our add-on development community. All the new hassles add-on developers are now going through makes no since on an engine that doesn't even have improved turbo prop modeling (let alone realistic water landings). FSX even with a patch is a crappy update for the unassuming customer looking to better understand aviation as a whole and the challenges of ATC controlled flight. Why does everything on the market in the entertainment category have to be a 'game' in it's truest since??? Learning a little bit about real world operations has just as much potential to be fun and engaging as shooting a mindless gobblin (most titles now don't even give you a clear reason to shoot the gobblin, just shoot something and score)... Just like we don't have a clear reason why kids are shooting their classmates every year with greater frequency. We sell this kind of mindless crap and wonder why we get the results in society we get. Kids or people in general aren't tought to think anymore. There's no incentive to finger anything out and learn. Why Aces do you think this community has gotten so big, we expanded on real world elements in Flight Simulator (people are learning and enjoying it, people for the most part are polite in comparison to what's going on in most other online communities which further helps the learning environment). This community in the process has created many new real world pilots who otherwise wouldn't have had an outlet for their dreams. The evolution this sim should have been on (like so many versions before it) was missed on FSX. Before we didn't have the memory to have advanced ATC, PC's couldn

Guest over and out

Yes, I will be using FS9 for ever. Booo on FSX!:-lol

Geez, people. Do you all really feel the need to have your reasons for staying with FS9 validated by others? For the record, I'm still with FS9, even though I was in the FSX beta team. I simply don't have the hardware to run it as well as I would like, not to mention my favorite add-ons are still FS9 only. That being said, it disturbs me to see those who will mercilessly rip not only on FSX, but also on those who prefer it over FS9. Has the community turned so cutthroat that there is no room for respectful expressions for opinion? I'm not going to go into debating the merits of FSX vs. FS9, since those points were made long ago. However, I will say this: Were it not for FSX's considerable performance problems, I would imagine that many more people would be using it as their main sim, and add-on developers would be updating their products at a much quicker pace than what we're seeing now.

Guest Water Mango

"Do you all really feel the need to have your reasons for staying with FS9 validated by others?"With developers like CaptainSim releasing a much awaited update to their 727 for FSX only, this thread needed to be posted. This is not about us, it's about sending a message to our add-on developers...

Most add-on developers whose products I own, such as DF, Flight1, and Eaglesoft had already announced their intentions of developing mainly for FS9 some time ago. If any groups have failed to adaquately measure the community's opinion of FSX based on the last 4 months or so of forum postings, and thus being so underinformed about their market, are they a group that we'd want to be supporting with our business anyways?

FS9 only for me for a long time to come....long time.

Eric 

>"Do you all really feel the need to have your reasons for>staying with FS9 validated by others?">>With developers like CaptainSim releasing a much awaited>update to their 727 for FSX only, this thread needed to be>posted. This is not about us, it's about sending a message to>our add-on developers...Good point, so that note I'll chime in saying that I will not purchase any further products for FS9. It is redundant in my mind since I want to move forward.While it is a great sim and I enjoy it greatly, I feel there is nothing new that can be added to it visually and I am ready for better visuals and experiences, many of which I do get with FSX.Most of my flying is done in Holgers wonderful landscapes and I will continue to enjoy them in FS9...until they become available in FSX. His Bella Coola is first up it seems, looking forward to that one, THANKS Holger!Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Mesa

Speaking of Holger's wonderful landscapes and FS9, you should be aware that Glacier Bay 2 is due out by the end of the month. Having Misty, Tongass and Glacier Bay in a continuous unbroken stretch and having the Dornier and Safir to fly around them is enough to keep me in FS9 airspace for the immediate, near and medium future.

Michael Carr, why are you even posting in this thread???The title is of the thread is "Post your support for FS9 here please?" plain and simple (AND IT'S IN THE FS9 FORUM)...This thread isn't about how people want to move forward to FSX. That's not the point, you have a whole forum for that kind of dialog.What's been asked here is if you plan on using FS9 over FSX post a comment of support for that. I get so sick of people chiming in to hijack a thread and there for get it locked down because of arguments. If your in the FSX camp don't comment. This is only for people continuing to support FS9 both in usage and purchasing power concerning future add-ons...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi there,"... If any groups have failed to adaquately measure the community's opinion of FSX based on the last 4 months or so of forum postings, and thus being so underinformed about their market, ..."That assumes that forum posts like here at AVSIM are representative of the FS user base as a whole. That would be a very foolish assumption to make for any add-on developer. We all know that people who are "ticked" are much more vocal than those who are satisfied. Just like in most other aspects of human society it's the "silent majority" that will decide which way the ball is rolling.Freeware authors will continue to make add-ons of the type and for the version of FS *they* enjoy. Payware developers, if they can't afford to provide add-ons for both FS9 and FSX at the same time, will move to the version with the higher expected sales. Since most companies don't have much to offer for FSX yet it's too early to tell which version of FS will end up being the "winner".Something else to consider: there are thousands of add-ons available already for FS9, free and commercial. Wouldn't it be fair of the community to let the users of FSX have some as well?Cheers, Holger P.S.: thanks for all the kind comments about the projects I'm involved in - much appreciated!

Been with Fs9 since the beginning but only in the last two monthshave I been able to run it 'flat out' having built a new pc, I can now download some of the wonderful freeware scenerys availible or occasional buy a product and run it with a great big smile on my mug.. :-hah I fear FSX and all the probable tweaking would send me off into a new hobby / easier pastime such as origami with sheet aluminium... *:-*Steve

"I will say this: Were it not for FSX's considerable performance problems, I would imagine that many more people would be using it as their main sim"J.C. you may be right to some extent but Chris made some very good points above. Performance aside FSX is not what it could have been all the way around. We still don't have basic things like wing icing simulated. I love the point he made about yaw damper. Who has yet to see that simulated in any version of Flight Simulator. Bottom line is whether FSX performs or not people like Bear and myself have good reason to stick with FS9 regardless. FSX does not have the level of progression we've seen with other versions of Flight Simulator. The guts of the sim are basically no different from FS9. Why spend a tone of money and time on a new OS and hardware for visuals alone? Yes add-on developers may have updated their products quicker (and that's open for debate concerning the drastic changes Aces pulled on this version) but people running to update like we've seen with previous versions of FS would still be just as slow. The ends doesn't justify the means. No matter how you slice and dice it FSX is a prettier version of FS9, I reiterate nothing outside that has changed (space flight isn't even modeled correctly). I for one have no planes on spending thousands of dollars on something like FSX until we'll into the future when it really can perform (if that ever happens). Until then Aces needs to think about little things like wing icing, holding patterns, vectoring aircraft around storm cells, yaw damper, and speed restrictions below 10,000ft. :-roll

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2