Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

Why is it so ugly?

Guest neslesman

I might be the least qualified here but from my experience these settings of yours make the computer work too hard so it does nothing well and causes the blurries.TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.5As I say those settings don't work well for me.These do:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=5.0TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=6.0

Guest kilotango

Pilot, we are all behind you no matter other subjects we talk about.Have you AA set up in the game? Uncheck it, and let your videocard handle it. Just a cameinwindmind.

I think if you have visibility set all the way right, you will see the end of the extended textures in the distance, regardless of any settings.scott s..

Guest Pilot533

I think so also, but as you can see the blurry's start so soon. Yes, aa is off in fs. Nes, you have point, Ill try your settings next.Thanks for the help.

WTH? :-lol

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>Hmm there is no TEXTUREMAXLOAD in my cfg.. Weird. I just>started it up again flying over lax with these new settings>and it looked so bad!! Geeze why cant I just tell fs to load>the most detailed textures always.>I see UT installed, correct? For some reason UT blurries the h3ll out of my system and seems to do the same on some level for everyone. I can't understand why UT has such a negative effect, but it does. Ground Environment makes blurries appear worse too, because so much detail is rendered in the tiles.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest neslesman

I'm just heading out and have no time but that Texture Max Load thing is a tweak that came up a while ago in the community but you must tie it in with other things, like a locked realistic frame rate. I can't remember all the details but don't do it on it's own without the other couple things.A search should find quite a bit of info. I think it was newish about 3-4 months ago. It did help me though.Soft Horizons helped me too but your problems looks too big for that fix.

Guest kilotango

Orlaam. I'm living in the bushy, and i am doing fine. Could i ask you what you mean?Here downunder (Scandinavia) we speak plain, and WTH is NOT a plain understood here?Just hiding for your shot.....

Guest SilverCircle

>Hmm there is no TEXTUREMAXLOAD in my cfg.. Weird. I just>started it up again flying over lax with these new settings>and it looked so bad!! Geeze why cant I just tell fs to load>the most detailed textures always.Correct. There is no default value in the .cfg, but there is an implicit default which FS is normally using and I think the value is 3.Here is the original article which actually triggered the tweak some people are successfully using to improve texture loading performance.http://www.steve-lacey.com/blogarchives/20..._stutters.shtml (read through the comments as well)Please note that this will ONLY work when using a reasonable upper framerate limit. The key is to find a framerate limit value which still leaves enough time to enable the background processing to load more textures within a given time interval. If you max out your framerate by either setting the limit too high or set it to "unlimited", then this tweak will have no effect, because in that case, FS will try to render frames as fast as possible and the background processing for loading textures will have to live with the default, minimal, timeslice. And this can cause blurries, lots of them, actually.Also note that this value must be in the {Display} section.You can also search in the forum of vista australis where some user posted an even more detailed article how to use these settings.

Orlaam is right. It's UT that is doing this to your terrain. I had the same problem. Fixed it by disabling residential roads in the UT config tool.Hope this helps.

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

>John, please.>I'm not hijacking anything??>As i said in a preveous post, i have to learn to upload>pictures. I found out a way, and my shots came out here.>Tell me how you want it, and i'll sure do it your way.>Maybe i'm just a stupid old man, but learning.>Cheers to you.kilotango, please see our screenshots forum here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=147You might want to bookmark it. While you are there, check out the rules thread for more info. Specifically, I am removing these screenshots as they violate the size rule, saying that screenshots should be 1024x768 or less.Thanks,

Guest Pilot533

Hmm I have both ut and ge pro, ill try turning off residential roads.

Guest Pilot533

Tried it and no difference, Ill be back with more results.

Guest Pilot533

Well I tried a few things, I put texture max load in and set it to 10, I set the fps from 35 to 25, but nothing works, I see absolutely no difference no matter what I do. This is really frustrating.

//////>>>Well I tried a few things, I put texture max load in and set it to 10, I set the fps from 35 to 25, but nothing works, I see absolutely no difference no matter what I do. This is really frustrating.<<<<</////////Well, I've disabled every feature in UT, and I still have the blurries myself. It seems once UT is installed, the "damage" it done. It's a great add-on for what it does, but when you want the blurries gone or back to pre-UT installation, them I assume you'd have to put you scenery files back to the pre-UT state. I'm not really sure.One thing you can try is flying in an area where UT doesn't work and see how much different it looks. I noticed a big difference out of the U.S. without UT.

- Chris