Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Simmarket the only place to buy Overland planes?

Hello all,Is Simmarket the only site from which to buy the Overland planes from? I was hoping Flight1 would have them but they dont. The Flight1 wrapper is so *brilliant* that its spoilt me and Im a wee bit reluctant to go elsewhere (see what you have done Flight1!)If Simmarket is the only place....what have your experiences been purchasing from this site? Never used it before and only really noticed it after a Googling "Overland".Looking forward to your input, thank you :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There's nothing wrong with Simmarket. I've bought plenty of stuff from them over the years with no problems.

I agree, Simmarket is fine infact I just made my 3rd purchase from them this week w/o any hiccups whatsoever.

HelloI have just had a look at my account history at simmarket and i amm a bit shocked to see is at 47 purchases without any problems at all.

Simmarket is fine. I use them a lot.However, there is one BIG ISSUE according to some people.Simmarket runs on Euros - so the US dollar price you see is only an estimate. The exact USD price will be the one charged by their bank at the end of the processing day. It will vary slightly from the price your see when you make the purchase.That is not Simmarket taking more money from you - they get the same number of Euro - period. It's just the way international currency transactions are handled by the banks, not the merchants.Also, some banks like mine charge a $0.25 fee for 'Foreign Transactions".Don't let those stop you from buying from them, but just be aware when balancing your checkbook.

Hi,I've been buying in the past dozens (download) of add-ons from Simmmarket and never had any issue with them.

The main downside to Simmarket is the fact once you physically purchase a product from their site, you are limited in # of times you can retrieve it via download as well as a time limit.A flawed concept and the primary reason I purchase nothing through them any longer. Even FSUIPC for FSX won't be purchased by me, not because I don't want it but because I won't continue to accept Simmarket's idiotic download limit.

What is idiotic is to purchase a download and not save it somewhere so you can install it whenever you want. I too have bought countless add-ons from SimMarket and have never had a problem.