Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Wilco/FT Airbus

Since I can't get the support at Wilco, I'll ask here. Twice now while inputting a flightplan from Logan to LGA I've had a CTD when I try to enter an airway/intersection (V157 HAARP).Any ideas?Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

dave:i encourage you to post the question in the feelthere general support -http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27what is the full route you are flying (including departure rwy, SID, STAR arrival rwy).which AIRAC are you using?which OS are you using?which FS version?--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Absolutely none. I don't own the product, but have been seriously considering it, and following their forums. Apparently, Wilco's FMC isn't 100% compatible with Navdata. On their forum, there was a test configuration with LFPG and some specific departure (I believe it was some runway and NO SID), and all sims crashed. On every PC. As hard as it sounds, there is nothing you can do about it.

Guest monsoon

Word Not Allowed I will do my one good deed for the day for you. DO NOT buy this product. Trust me and the hundreds others on here who think its junk. Wait for the Airsimmer or Airliner-XP. There ya go. I just saved you over 50 bucks.

Yes, noted (and I'd been thinking about buying the latest WILCO Airbus A330-340 series, so thanks), but WHEN on earth will Airliner-XP ever be released?!?!!? It's taken forever !!JS

>WHEN on earth>will Airliner-XP ever be released?!?!!?Nobody knows. Tomorrow, next year or never.Should they release it, I will buy it.In the meantime I enjoy flying FT airbuses.Best regards,Rafal

Does this assessment that the Wilco/FT airbus series is "junk" also apply to the recently released Vol 2? I have been waiting a long time for an A340 that goes beyond the CLS lite offering.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

According to many forum posts in various forums they didn't even solve one single bug of Vol 1 in the new release. You pay another time and wont get a anything but some new gauges, panel bitmaps are almost the same, they didn't even change the center post. A330 has old style CRT displays, A340-300 and -600 has the new displays, PW engines on the A330 aren't included. The exterior models are the worst I've ever seen, it's a shame to charge money for that. Save your money, maybe one day we will see a serious Airbus release for FS.Toby

Bummer,I was hoping that my wait for an A340 to replace my aging PSS model might be over. I must sat that this whole Wilco/FT airbus controversy had largely passed me by but the depth of feeling I'm now coming across in various threads is something to behold. Its a wonder they are still in business!Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

HelloFeelthere/Wilco are the new Ariane :-)

Have both Volumes and as longs as I follow the proper procedures I have zero issues. What a shame some are having trouble, I am lucky I guess.

Andrew:I downloaded the PDF manual for the A330-340 and am impressed. It looks great.I had the Wilco 777 but was not that impressed with it visually and the VC was so-so. I fly exclusively in the VC because of my triple monitor set-up.Does the A330-340 work nicely? Does the VC look good and is it totally functional? How is the flight model?Appreciate any further info you care to post. Thanks!JS

Guest monsoon

Hi Andrew. Do not take this as an insult but there is no way on this green earth you can not be getting the same bugs as everyone else. These are not isolated bugs. they happen to everyone. I am having the feeling you just dont know what to look for. Unless you know the airbus systems well I can see a person overlooking the bugs. In my professionl pilot opinion this addon rates a 3/10. NOW if you factor into account the price they DARE ask I would rate it a 1/10

Monsoon:If you can give an example or two, what kinds of bugs do you refer to? JS

Guest monsoon

well it has been a while since i "flew" it because i parked it for good but a quick one would be the errors with navdata. i find the mcdu does a crummy job in the descent profile. i know that one isnt an isolated incident either. jeez how many people had problems with the autopilot/autothrottle. countless numbers. not to mention the biggest thing that annoyed me the most is the blatent LIES about the features that were advertised and not modelled.