Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Wilco A340

The recently released AVSIM review of the Wilco A330/340 package makes interesting reading. Despite a few caveats the review is quite favourable in marked contrast to the long and largely scathing thread in this forum a couple of months back. So as an A340 fan what am I to make of this? I am very keen to add an A340 to my virtual hanger but I was put off by all the negative comments regarding the Wilco offering and the lack of a comprehensive FMC in the CLS version. But now that the dust has settled somewhat and in the light of this review should I reconsider the Wilco A340? Thanks.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Bruce, I don't think much has changed in the FeelThere big buses since the debates you mention.Reviewer's perspective is always at least a bit (or more) subjective.Also in this case there are some important drawbacks missing in the review.If you were convnced by the disadvantages of this product, don't buy it since you may feel disappointed.But if you have some money to spend and really need an FMC equipped A340 which certainly flies from takeoff to landing, you can easily go for it.Anyway, there is no competition on the horizon.CLS is the fly-me-now league, so forget it if you are a serious simmer (I mean system-wise).Best regards,Rafal

>The recently released AVSIM review of the Wilco A330/340>package makes interesting reading. Despite a few caveats the>review is quite favourable in marked contrast to the long and>largely scathing thread in this forum a couple of months back.> So as an A340 fan what am I to make of this? I am very keen>to add an A340 to my virtual hanger but I was put off by all>the negative comments regarding the Wilco offering and the>lack of a comprehensive FMC in the CLS version. But now that>the dust has settled somewhat and in the light of this review>should I reconsider the Wilco A340? Thanks.>>BrucebSave youre money mate and put it else where for better use. I have both products im ashamed to say and for what you get for the money you outlay its not worth the aggrivation.Vol1 still has bugs and Vol2 has the exact same bugs as Vol1 prior to the most recent patches. And if you require SUPPORT dont bother going to there (Feelthere) fourm cause its locked and only an UNOFFICIAL fourm exists that dosent support you asking questions about the Airbus series. And if you do the point you to the wilco automated crap report form. If you havent quessed im anti Feelthere/Wilco.Hope that helps you outCheersMike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

mike:state the truth before you post.ALL questions about how to fly the Abus are answered in this forum -http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27two current examples -*how to fly an ILS approach using automated freq. updating from the MCDU*how to fly across the north pole in FS9--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Why is it so hard to have open discussions about problems on your forum Scoob?Aerosoft does it, flight one does it, FSAddon does it.Why can't feelthere?

>mike:>>state the truth before you post.>>ALL questions about how to fly the Abus are answered in>this forum ->>http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27>>>two current examples ->>*how to fly an ILS approach using automated freq. updating>from the MCDU>*how to fly across the north pole in FS9>>>--Ok ill state the truth my apologies..... The airbus series is BUGGY AS #### stay clearCheers Mike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

there is constant and continued discussion about challenges users have in flying the aircrafts developed by feelThere. when an issue becomes a 'bug' it needs to be reported using the wilco support form. this does not cut off talk in the FT forum.here is an example -http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10062--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest gdafc1

>mike:>>state the truth before you post.>>ALL questions about how to fly the Abus are answered in>this forum ->>http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27>>>two current examples ->>*how to fly an ILS approach using automated freq. updating>from the MCDU>*how to fly across the north pole in FS9>>>--Scoob you should be stating the truth.ALL posts that Feelco can answer easily are answered at that link the rest (read most) are deleted.All others are answered by Vic's usual line."Sign your post" without anything bing answered. Then two or three questions are asked by Feelco before the post is ignored or locked. Easier that way I guess.I see Scoob that you have taken to copying Vic well your usual answer is.......http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10067Oh look that one was also left unanswered and locked all three in one.Good work Feelco, hopefully sometime soon you will have gone the same way as PSS (who!!)Garry

>Oh look that one was also left unanswered and >locked all three in one.Garry:glad you linked that post as the concern with the installer exe has been corrected (in about 36 hours after first reported).your link also shows a forum being moderated. forum moderation was normal for general FS and developer sites - avsim, flightsim, dreamfleet, PMDG, PSS, eurosoft, vatsim, etc. (and all these sites also get flamed when moderators do their job -- moderate.)>ALL posts that Feelco can answer easily are>answered at that link the rest (read most) >are deleted.really ... i've been a moderator for FT for a year. i've edited or deleted 39 messages. as there have been about 10000 posts in the past 12 months i don't believe i am heavy handed.--

Guest dpiedrahita

The fact that these posts even exist prevent me from buying the product. I don't even care who's right; whether Mike is being rude or Scoob isn't a good forum moderator, just the fact that this type of issue EXISTS with customer service regardless of who was initially responsible (customer or vendor) makes me want to steer clear. It's not as though the developer or vendor should just bend over for any ranting customer that comes through, but I've seen some posts on just about every major FS forum or website that the product is buggy and their customer service is awful. That can't be a coincidence even if it is over-exaggerated more often than not. I really need to fill a hole in my virtual hangar with a nice mid-range package, since sometimes I don't feel like flying the Super80. I've really developed a liking for the Airbuses recently and I was probably about 24 hours from making my purchase. Isn't the Wilco 737 supposed to be very good? I might just get the CD version of the PSS 757 from Justflight. I have their 777, and while not perfect, I do quite like it.

name the developer -[blockquote]Their attitude stinks!! There is still bugs in the fs9 {aircraft} and when a regular poster in that forum asked about fixes for that version in a civilized manner it was just deleted! Every single post after that regarding bug fixes on the {aircraft} is just deleted! ...The {aircraft} has many problems after how many months of beta testing! Some of those errors is common stuff and should have been picked up by every beta tester but was never fixed!So many users like myself choose to vote with our wallets and will not buy their aircraft anymore! The devs even had the arrogance to post on their forums after someone said he will not support them anymore and I quote 'you will be back and we will take your money!' That kinda attitude towards paying customers is just ... well wrong!!![/blockquote]--

Guest dpiedrahita

Sounds like PSS to me, and unless you're going to quote someone saying that on one of your forums and considering I mentioned PSS, I'm probably right. Their customer support is TERRIBLE. Well non-existant now that they're...non-existant. I'm not saying PSS has good customer service, lol. I'm no moron, but I've flown their 757 a few times and I have their 777 and I've been satisfied with my experience in both. I wouldn't jump into something like the Airbus blindly (especially considering I have no idea how to fly one), especially not after reading a fair bit of feedback, most of it either neutral or negative. I bought the PSS777 without knowing any of their history, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought that, either. As circumstance has it I'm ok with the problems it has, and having spent maybe 6 hours behind the 757 I'm pretty happy with what I've experienced their, too. Unfortunately circumstance to FT/Wilco's court? Probably. I'm certainly not saying I'll never buy the product, just with that it costs now (50 Euros is 73USD and some change last time I checked) and the unknowns that exist with it, I'm not prepared to spend that money.

>there is constant and continued discussion about challenges>users have in flying the aircrafts developed by feelThere. >when an issue becomes a 'bug' it needs to be reported using>the wilco support form. this does not cut off talk in the FT>forum.>>here is an example ->>http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10062>>>-- You still did not answer my original post. Why is it so hard to treat customers and run your support like Flight1 or Aerosoft? Friendly and supportive. Like I said I enjoy my Feelthere products even with the bugs. I hate the support attitude..... Also, why is your forum registration and e-mail still bouncing? It's been like that for two years.Funny we don't see Vic in here at all either. I think you try hard over there Scoob, and offer what little support they do provide, but really, I hope Vic pays you well for doing his job.

>why is your forum registration and >e-mail still bouncing? It's been >like that for two years.almost all forum registrations and emails work fine. i know this as new forum members create accounts and post daily. a few emails get bounced because of the limits with the forum's spam filters. the FT forum (because it is open registration regardless of a person's ownership of FT products) get a good amount of spam. as these carpetbaggers of the Internet get blocked the unfortunate outcome is some legit email gets stopped.as i've stated before -if you do not receive the confirmation email try these in order -1) after a few hours of reg., and no confirmation email, try FT support forum login with id and password you created (yes, even though you didn't receive the confirmation email).2) send an email to support{at}feelthere.com with the following information:[*]your product's serial number[*]your registered username[*]your estimated date of registration3) send me a private message.--