Sign in to follow this  
chumley

Scenery reload

G'dayI have been bedevilled by a problem in FS that I don't know how to resolve so I thought I would come to the oracle and seek advice from the wisest gurus - you.From time to time and without warning FS will suddenly reload scenery objects etc. in mid flight causing such things as dusk to turn to night in the twinkling of an eye, AI to re-spawn (looks like a firework burst as AI head off in different directions)and the clock to reset sometimes an hour forward and sometimes an hour back depending on the direction of flight.Does anyone know a solution to this annoying feature?TksAybe

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

>G'day>>I have been bedevilled by a problem in FS that I don't know>how to resolve so I thought I would come to the oracle and>seek advice from the wisest gurus - you.>>From time to time and without warning FS will suddenly reload>scenery objects etc. in mid flight causing such things as dusk>to turn to night in the twinkling of an eye, AI to re-spawn>(looks like a firework burst as AI head off in different>directions)and the clock to reset sometimes an hour forward>and sometimes an hour back depending on the direction of>flight.>>Does anyone know a solution to this annoying feature?>>Tks>>Aybe>>

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpgHelloI have had this as well(not recently though)i think it might be something to do with crossing time zones(but not sure)it has produced some quite spectacular results ie it once resulted in a whole lot of AI aircraft and myself all flying in the same direction in what looked like a bomber formation,eventually the other planes resumed there various assigned courses and disappeared on there way.PS when you see this happen for the first time your heart sinks because you think you are about to CTD.PS i don't know of any solutions.Sorrycheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi guys:In your settings ensure you have the following two options checked.For display settings on the Scenery tab ensure you have check marks set for:Dawn/Dusk Blending andExtended Terrain Textures.As for the clocks switching - yes I believe it's a time zone / Greenich Mean Time (Zulu Time) thing.Thanks.Paul.

Yes I had this happen over the English Channel into London the other night, and from time to time elsewhere. Didn't notice any visual change though. The time zone theory makes sense.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Hi folks :)I recently reported the same problem, a sudden reload of scenery and AI when crossing a time zone in SA resulting in sunset going into sudden total duskness, found out about FS Realtime and problem was solved.

I've had this problem but only on very long flights, I believe when crossing the equator from North to South America. It ended up being no problem so I never sought a solution. You're right about your heart sinking as you await the CTD, though. Thankfully, it never happened.

This is an old bug in Flight Sim...been around since the FS2000 days. Microsoft did not model any timezones outside the US properly, and when you cross a timezone, GMT moves instead of the local time resulting in a reload. There is also a problem when crossing the international date line in the pacific too!!! Lots of bugs!Like Gary said above, FSRealTime fixes this with .bgl files that fix the timezones planetwide. Even the timezones with the half hour increment is modeled (ie: India is +5:30). You don't have to purchace FSRealtime (it not much anyway) for these files, but I recommend it as it also fixes the problem that MSFS does not keep proper time. If you ever noticed, I think 1 minute of FS time is equal to 50 seconds of real time, or vice versa...I can't remember. All I know is that a minute is not a minute in Flight Sim.Devin

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png