Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

AirlinerXP Forum??

The Airliner XP forum has no new messages since the end of February and it is not possible to post new messages (I get an error when posting). Is this the sign that the project is definately dead? If a memeber of the Team is here, please, clearly state that it is dead or that it will take one or more years for completion, because this is the truth and this way we avoid wasting time everyday going to that forum with the hope to see something new!

James Goggi

Based on what they have said (and NOT said) AXP has already made it abundantly clear that their A320 is no longer a priority. The writing was on the wall months ago.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hi there,is that true :-eek. I haven't been following their forum much although I'm a big Dreamfleet fan. I had purchased the Wilco V1 last year as I didn't want to wait, and I was ready to purchase theirs as well. This is the first time I hear that this is not a priority anymore, what a bummer.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

>Based on what they have said (and NOT said) AXP has already>made it abundantly clear that their A320 is no longer a>priority. The writing was on the wall months ago.>And is that supposed to mean that we can't expect it to be released at all?

Quote from AirlinerXP developer:"However, make no mistake about it, between personal delays and delays caused by FSX, we now also need to deal with other aspects of our FS work that need attention too. We're not happy about this, but that's life. Once we missed the original release time frame, we knew that it would not be easy, as there was so much more that we would need to turn our attention to that we could no longer put off (converting other products to FSX, etc.) So, we are taking a longer term view of the Airbus now, as that is all we can do, as last time we checked we cannot "clone" ourselves in order to get all this work done."Full thread: http://www.airlinerxp.com/forum/viewtopic....highlight=#6384

No, but it does mean that if you happen to have unimaginable lung capacity, go ahead and hold your breath :+ regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

But why not giving the possibility to post on the Forum? No more messages since 29 February! Uhm...

James Goggi

I am always patient, and have followed the progress of this product. I know that there are issues that arise in life, and set backs...but this product was hyped big-time...and lots of people were excited to see it released. I guess that is what stings a little with this announcement, seemed for certain we were going to see this one. Oh well, plenty to be excited about in FS2004 still...:)Cheers,Scott

Prehaps they decided to not bother with the forum and spend their working time working on their products. The forum wasn't much use really, just lots of posts asking for release dates. I wouldn't be too hasty to jump to the conclusion that the project has been cancelled. That's just my opinion though and I've been wrong many times before. I hope they release this aircraft but, if they don't, prehaps the Airsimmer one will be the Airbus we're waiting for ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

This is a shame. It makes me wonder what Feelthere's product could have been if they hadn't rushed it out the door to stay ahead of the competition. Never did like the way the press releases for AirlinerXP suddenly appeared around the time of Feelthere's announcements. Anyway, I never was that interested in it being an airbus, but was certainly curious to see what that team of folks was going to do with that type of aircraft. Pretty talented group. Scott

>and I've been wrong many times before. I hope they release>this aircraft but, if they don't, prehaps the Airsimmer one>will be the Airbus we're waiting for ;-)After reading the thread limked to in another post I can't see it otherwise than that they say they are indeed going to release it. But when is an open question.

Guest ha5mvo

>>and I've been wrong many times before. I hope they release>>this aircraft but, if they don't, prehaps the Airsimmer one>>will be the Airbus we're waiting for ;-)>>After reading the thread limked to in another post I can't see>it otherwise than that they say they are indeed going to>release it. But when is an open question.>In this particular case the "when" is no less important than the "if".Beside AXP there are no less than 3 players: namely Feelco, Airsimmer and PMDG.Suppose, for arguments sake, Airsimmer and PMDG release their Bus before AXP is done with theirs. How much of a market will remain for AXP? enough for them to put in the time and resources required?

I've seen this enough to conclude the AXP project is most likely dead. Do I know for sure? No, but everything has pointed to that conclusion as of now. It's pretty sad to see such a promising product with stunning visuals and low frame rates go by the way side, but if this project were still alive then we'd see some outright statement from the team that it is alive. Instead all we get is silence or some vague response that never answers the question. Perhaps the team are waiting for Vauches (sp?) to come back or hoping to find someone who can replace him, but in the meantime it's not going anywhere I'm afraid. If he were still on the team and working we'd get a message from him saying so, it only takes a minute.I just don't understand why it's so difficult to be upfront and honest with the prospective customers in this hobby. Do they think we won't figure out the truth eventually? Do they thrive on conspiracy and speculation? I would think being downright truthful would make life so much easier for everyone. It's a sad commentary when the computer industry is so full of flakes that are incapable of following through with projects.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

> It's a sad commentary when the computer industry is>so full of flakes that are incapable of following through with>projects.It's even sadder, when someone (especially talented someone's)is now labled a "flake"; considering desktop flight simming for pleasure, isn't a life or death situation.L.Adamson

I never said they weren't talented did I? No, but they're flakey. What do you think flakey means? It's unreliable, as in issuing press releases, then slowly abandoning the project completely. As I said, AXP might not have abandoned the Airbus, but as it seems now, the project is never to see the light of day. It's just a matter of fact that an overwhelming number of developers make promises they can't or don't deliver on. You think that just because someone's talented that it's excusable? I guess since it's a hobby it's okay. It's would be different if it were a freeware author, but this is a company with an excellent history and remarkable abilities. I think it sucks that this project seems to have dropped off the planet. I don't know about you, but a hobby isn't much fun when you have to rely on 3rd party developers just to make the sim authentic and those developers drop the ball more often than not.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired