Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jgoggi

AirlinerXP Forum??

The Airliner XP forum has no new messages since the end of February and it is not possible to post new messages (I get an error when posting). Is this the sign that the project is definately dead? If a memeber of the Team is here, please, clearly state that it is dead or that it will take one or more years for completion, because this is the truth and this way we avoid wasting time everyday going to that forum with the hope to see something new!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Based on what they have said (and NOT said) AXP has already made it abundantly clear that their A320 is no longer a priority. The writing was on the wall months ago.regards,Mark

Hi there,is that true :-eek. I haven't been following their forum much although I'm a big Dreamfleet fan. I had purchased the Wilco V1 last year as I didn't want to wait, and I was ready to purchase theirs as well. This is the first time I hear that this is not a priority anymore, what a bummer.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

>Based on what they have said (and NOT said) AXP has already>made it abundantly clear that their A320 is no longer a>priority. The writing was on the wall months ago.>And is that supposed to mean that we can't expect it to be released at all?

Quote from AirlinerXP developer:"However, make no mistake about it, between personal delays and delays caused by FSX, we now also need to deal with other aspects of our FS work that need attention too. We're not happy about this, but that's life. Once we missed the original release time frame, we knew that it would not be easy, as there was so much more that we would need to turn our attention to that we could no longer put off (converting other products to FSX, etc.) So, we are taking a longer term view of the Airbus now, as that is all we can do, as last time we checked we cannot "clone" ourselves in order to get all this work done."Full thread: http://www.airlinerxp.com/forum/viewtopic....highlight=#6384

No, but it does mean that if you happen to have unimaginable lung capacity, go ahead and hold your breath :+ regards,Mark

But why not giving the possibility to post on the Forum? No more messages since 29 February! Uhm...

I am always patient, and have followed the progress of this product. I know that there are issues that arise in life, and set backs...but this product was hyped big-time...and lots of people were excited to see it released. I guess that is what stings a little with this announcement, seemed for certain we were going to see this one. Oh well, plenty to be excited about in FS2004 still...:)Cheers,Scott

Prehaps they decided to not bother with the forum and spend their working time working on their products. The forum wasn't much use really, just lots of posts asking for release dates. I wouldn't be too hasty to jump to the conclusion that the project has been cancelled. That's just my opinion though and I've been wrong many times before. I hope they release this aircraft but, if they don't, prehaps the Airsimmer one will be the Airbus we're waiting for ;-)

This is a shame. It makes me wonder what Feelthere's product could have been if they hadn't rushed it out the door to stay ahead of the competition. Never did like the way the press releases for AirlinerXP suddenly appeared around the time of Feelthere's announcements. Anyway, I never was that interested in it being an airbus, but was certainly curious to see what that team of folks was going to do with that type of aircraft. Pretty talented group. Scott

>and I've been wrong many times before. I hope they release>this aircraft but, if they don't, prehaps the Airsimmer one>will be the Airbus we're waiting for ;-)After reading the thread limked to in another post I can't see it otherwise than that they say they are indeed going to release it. But when is an open question.

>>and I've been wrong many times before. I hope they release>>this aircraft but, if they don't, prehaps the Airsimmer one>>will be the Airbus we're waiting for ;-)>>After reading the thread limked to in another post I can't see>it otherwise than that they say they are indeed going to>release it. But when is an open question.>In this particular case the "when" is no less important than the "if".Beside AXP there are no less than 3 players: namely Feelco, Airsimmer and PMDG.Suppose, for arguments sake, Airsimmer and PMDG release their Bus before AXP is done with theirs. How much of a market will remain for AXP? enough for them to put in the time and resources required?

I've seen this enough to conclude the AXP project is most likely dead. Do I know for sure? No, but everything has pointed to that conclusion as of now. It's pretty sad to see such a promising product with stunning visuals and low frame rates go by the way side, but if this project were still alive then we'd see some outright statement from the team that it is alive. Instead all we get is silence or some vague response that never answers the question. Perhaps the team are waiting for Vauches (sp?) to come back or hoping to find someone who can replace him, but in the meantime it's not going anywhere I'm afraid. If he were still on the team and working we'd get a message from him saying so, it only takes a minute.I just don't understand why it's so difficult to be upfront and honest with the prospective customers in this hobby. Do they think we won't figure out the truth eventually? Do they thrive on conspiracy and speculation? I would think being downright truthful would make life so much easier for everyone. It's a sad commentary when the computer industry is so full of flakes that are incapable of following through with projects.

> It's a sad commentary when the computer industry is>so full of flakes that are incapable of following through with>projects.It's even sadder, when someone (especially talented someone's)is now labled a "flake"; considering desktop flight simming for pleasure, isn't a life or death situation.L.Adamson

I never said they weren't talented did I? No, but they're flakey. What do you think flakey means? It's unreliable, as in issuing press releases, then slowly abandoning the project completely. As I said, AXP might not have abandoned the Airbus, but as it seems now, the project is never to see the light of day. It's just a matter of fact that an overwhelming number of developers make promises they can't or don't deliver on. You think that just because someone's talented that it's excusable? I guess since it's a hobby it's okay. It's would be different if it were a freeware author, but this is a company with an excellent history and remarkable abilities. I think it sucks that this project seems to have dropped off the planet. I don't know about you, but a hobby isn't much fun when you have to rely on 3rd party developers just to make the sim authentic and those developers drop the ball more often than not.

I wish they would focus on the AXP. I know they have DF and RXP stuff to do for FSX but no one is really clammoring for those things. And once they release those, they'll have to spend another few weeks patching them further delaying the A320. Meanwhile, AirSimmer has been talking, posting screenshots, features etc. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they bugged the forum on purpose just so they wouldn't have to deal with the trolls that had been posting recently.

>I wish they would focus on the AXP. I know they have DF and>RXP stuff to do for FSX but no one is really clammoring for>those things. Speak for yourself. They are continually being asked for on the RXP board. Getting some RXP stuff for FSX was very welcomed indeed, and many many folks were thrilled when some were.

I'm not sure that an error like the one you get when trying to post is proof of anything other than a fault in their BBS software.If there was a message saying "This board is locked for further posts" then I'd see your point. :-)

The A320 is easily the most anticipated product those guys are working on. I just find it frustrating that even after its been delayed, even after they got the release estimate off by a year, they've still decided to put it on the back burner. The fact that the forum as been disabled for two weeks and they've got all these other projects makes me wonder how well they'll be able to support it post-release. At this point, is there a reason why if AirSimmer released their Airbus tomorrow I wouldn't shell out money for it and wait for the AXP? The only feature I can tell that AXP has a leg up on is the visuals which are, granted, simply stunning.

Yeah you're right, its just a theory. And if there was a message saying "Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is a problem with the forum and we'll fix it ASAP" this thread would be moot.

Hi,just chiming in a little! the forum is not working correctly for a couple weeks now, since our ISP hosting the server decided to migrate/update the hosting service. We are quite dependant on the hosting company to resolve some of the matter. Also, this move now permits us having the latest PHP server version, which in turn will also permit us to migrate to the latest PHPBB version (I'm still reluctant to do the switch right now, because of this migration server mishap, in order not to risk loosing the entire forum database).Talk about speculation isn't it? I'm sorry to say the project is not dead because the forum is not working 100%...As for the other mention in this thread about "finding someone to replace Vauchez" I wonder where the assumption "Vauchez" is not working on the project is coming from?I can also assure you we have a lot of demand for our existing DF and RXP customers to update our products to FSX, and unlike a 1 product company, we have a legacy of award winning products our customers are asking for, and given the various economics details I've explained in the Airliner XP forum, there are some resource-allocation choices to do.Make no mistake about it, the Airbus project is alive, and make no mistake about it either, FS entertainment is not the sole activity we are involved in. As a matter of fact, we are currently helping the integration of our GNS simulation into another flight simulation product, profesional training oriented, and we are also working on our new GNS32 for both FS9 and FSX.I shall add this is not uncomon in the software development: about now 5 months ago there was a great aircraft addon presented, almost completed and that seemed to be ready for release. However, 5 months later and many years after start of development, it is still not released (not an Airbus aircraft).For more information, please read this thread titled: "Could it be piracy protection what's taking so long?"http://www.airliner-xp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=649

>Make no mistake about it, the Airbus project is alive, andSo it will be released!? Could I ask about an approximate timeframe? I mean are we talking about a few months or more than a year?

hmmm, a long time has passed and Jean-Luc have not given any replies, neither have their forums been fixed, it's been silent for over a month now..I'm starting to doubt that this project will ever be completed.Also, please allow me to quote one of Jean-Luc's sentences:"As for the other mention in this thread about "finding someone to replace Vauchez" I wonder where the assumption "Vauchez" is not working on the project is coming from?"That assumption is made from the fact that no one have heard from him in years now, no one knows where he is, he's not performing any support for his flightscenery products, he doesent even comment on any forums what-so-ever.So i think it's safe to say that Vauchez isn't a part of your team anymore, if he was he would have been more active in his own and your forums.

I dunno, I don't see those as reasons to assume Vauchez isn't on the team. After all they did give an interview to a magazine and they gave a small glimpse of the external model.But even if they do never get around to finishing it there's always AirSimmer which as been very active recently. And besides their VC not being quite as well done as AXP's they seem to have everything in order for a great product. I just hope AXP sees this and gets motivated to show us something great.

Quote:>hmmm, a long time has passed and Jean-Luc have not given any>replies, neither have their forums been fixed, it's been>silent for over a month now..>>I'm starting to doubt that this project will ever be>completed.>>>Also, please allow me to quote one of Jean-Luc's sentences:>>"As for the other mention in this thread about "finding>someone to replace Vauchez" I wonder where the assumption>"Vauchez" is not working on the project is coming from?">>That assumption is made from the fact that no one have heard>from him in years now, no one knows where he is, he's not>performing any support for his flightscenery products, he>doesent even comment on any forums what-so-ever.>>So i think it's safe to say that Vauchez isn't a part of your>team anymore, if he was he would have been more active in his>own and your forums.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>This is my thinking as well. Not to mention, the Airliner XP website isn't even online anymore. Perhaps the team are hoping to find someone else or preying he comings back before writing it off, but no matter what, if he were really around, he'd comment at least once to prove it.Keep in mind, I truly support Jean_Luc and the entire Dreamfleet team. The work both Reality XP and DF has provided is some of the best there is, if not the best. I don't blame anyone and think they're reluctant to admit the loss of Vauchez. Maybe they know something they can't tell us, but it really seems something is amiss.