Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Why do we still love FS9?

Guest monsoon

One of the last screens says "See you there X". lol should say "See you thee XI". I will jump right past X like most of us.

>One of the last screens says "See you there X". lol should>say "See you thee XI". I will jump right past X like most of>us.Ditto. :) ....re: "See you thee XI" ...is that a Glaswegian accent btw? :-lol

One of the best videos for FS out there IMO.

FS2004 has astounded me. The program is five years old, and yet it still inspires thousands of flight simmers, and even attracts new flight sim enthusiasts with average computers.A quick browse through the flie library shows that 75% of addons are for FS2004. There is a steady stream of new scenery, aircraft, and miscellaneous files, which can only bode well for the future :)I'm looking forward to FS11, which I'm sure will be a massive success. In the meantime, I'll enjoy FS8 and FS9 ;)

> I'm looking forward to FS11, which I'm sure will be a massive success.LOL! I do not share your optimism. But hey, now that Phil will spend a little less time on various internet communities, he can devote more time to getting it right with FSXI...;-)

Mike...

Heck, Mike, at the rate I'm buying AES-capable airports these days (not to mention AES credits), I AM buying FS9 all over again, repeatedly! And loving it! :DI do wish Level-D would reconsider development of an FS9 version of their upcoming 757, though, since a lot of airliner simmers seem to be staying with the old platform....John G.

John G.

Tell me about it John! AES and AES compatible airports are gonna get me divorced! I've spent more than $150US on AES credits alone and I refuse to count up the AES Airports!Regards,Mike T.

Could you please add your voices to this post for an AES Lite for UK2000 airports and others. :-zhelp http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=17891

Mike T,I pretty much skipped FS2002. I bought it...but just used it for VFR flying...and bought a few payware small aircraft. I also updated some of my FS2000 aircraft. I never really jumped in because I had so many add ons for FS2000. Well, all these years later...I am at the same crossroads...I was hoping for improvements in some area or another. There are improvements in FSX...but they weren't the one's that I was looking for. I was stunned that the ATC didn't get at least some sort of tweaking. The FS2004 ATC had upgrades over FS2002, nothing major but a few. When I read the review of FSX and the author stated that the ATC was unchanged...I was surprised...to say the least. I fly online sometimes...especially when there is an event where the ATC will be fully staffed. But most of the time you have to fly to the big airports. Also, I find it funny that the "adventures" are back and touted as new and ground-breaking. FS98 had adventures as well. That was how ProFlight 2000 used to compile ATC adventures. Then in FS2002 adventures were gone. I didn't miss them...but here they are again.So...to end my rant, I fly and buy for FS2004...Occasionally I start up FSX...every time I do I wonder which way Microsoft is going to go with the new version??I updated some new AI traffic schedules...off to do some FS2004 flying. :)I'm sure I just offended a FSX user somewhere!!Here is what he looks like right now :-madCheers,Scott