Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

Wilco E-Jets released

>...is the AIRAC updateable if you subscribe >to Navigraph? Thanks.the navigraph AIRAC update to use is 'Wilco/Feelthere 737/777, Airbus Series, ERJ, Legacy, Citation X'.my guess is that navigraph will update their www shortly to add 'ejet' to the list.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I have just purchased the E-Jets, and I have found some bugs and drawbacks.I spent all weekend adapting the E-jets to my personal liking, as I do with any new aircraft. It is, by far, the best set of Embraers released so far... although....1. No modelled thrust reversers - good performance but no visual2. Missing night textures for winglets and engines - this is corrected if you purchase the livery pack.3. No airstairs or starboard doors modelled.4. No autothrottles - easily corrected in the aircraft.cfg.5. Elevators do not move - static position is for steep climb.6. No wingview model - I spent much time creating wingviews outside the VC.7. Weird autopilot pitch stability. If you don't change altitude smoothly, the aircraft will wildly overshoot and undershoot the desired altitude and if left alone, you will be on a perpetual rollercoaster.8. No wingflex - at least this allows for good wing strobes.All that said...I love the plane. I have overcome all the shortcommings so far, and the visual model is superb. It is very easy to handfly, and the sound package is awesome. I use a different panel, and it seemed to adapt very well. I spent $55 on everything, but $35-$40 would have been totally worth it.

>1. No modelled thrust reversers - good performance but no>visualthrust reversers are modeled.>4. No autothrottles - easily corrected in the aircraft.cfg.autothrottles are modeled.>5. Elevators do not move - static position is for steep>climb.corrected in upcoming ejetSP1 (expected release mid-week - 22-24 july '08)>6. No wingview model - I spent much time creating wingviews>outside the VC.not really correct as you can 'walk' into the VC-cabin, look out a window and see the wings.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>>6. No wingview model - I spent much time creating wingviews>>outside the VC.>>not really correct as you can 'walk' into the VC-cabin, look>out a window and see the wings.With all respect, Scoob, it's as correct as it could be.Wingview models DO NOT require walking into the cabin.They are mostly for people who do not need and use the VC.You had one with your PIC737 and it was great.Really pity you gave up this idea.Best regards,Rafal

a user has created a 'hack' for wingviews on the 170. my guess is one will be made for the 190 in a short time. see support forum -http://forum.iemit.comin PIC EMB forum look for thread titled 'Wing views'. (shout out goes to user 'BrzI' :-walksmile)--edit: subject line--

Guest kevinwag

>No airliner does 45 degree turns except in an emergency and>if a 45 degree turn is commanded, the autopilot shouldn't be>engaged at all. A 45 degree turn requires significant>backpressure on the yoke, NOT, small trim inputs, to>compensate for the loss of vertical component of lift. >>To maintain a 45 degree bank and no loss of altitude will>require more thrust AND backpressure on the yoke...it is>actually a pretty aerobatic maneuver...try it in a Cessna 172>sometime, but you will never experience it in a commerical>aircraft (hopefully).>>AND then the complaint is that the aircraft can't capture the>localizer in a 45 degree bank??? Why not complain that the>aircraft won't hold the glideslope while inverted at 500kts?>:-lol>>>>

Guest kevinwag

I purchased the EJETS several months ago and have found it to be very good in alot of ways except the autopilot. By the way I teach this airplane and I am type rated in the Emb 170 and Emb 145. This is absolutly the worse autopilot and flight dirctor simulation I have ever seen. Does anybody know if wilco is ever going to fix this problem. When doing a 45 degree bank the autopilot can't be used it will not bank that much but when hand flying the LOC can be captured in a 45 degree bank I have done it.KEVIN

>This is absolutly the worse autopilot and flight >dirctor simulation I have ever seen. Does anybody >know if wilco is ever going to fix this problem. if you are getting high banks w/the autopilot i suggest you download SP5.--edit: subject line--

>I purchased the EJETS several months ago and have found it to>be very good in alot of ways except the autopilot. By the way>I teach this airplane and I am type rated in the Emb 170 and>Emb 145. This is absolutly the worse autopilot and flight>dirctor simulation I have ever seen. Does anybody know if>wilco is ever going to fix this problem. When doing a 45>degree bank the autopilot can't be used it will not bank that>much but when hand flying the LOC can be captured in a 45>degree bank I have done it.>>KEVIN>>Thank you, Kevin, for your attention to this plane. Pls share your impressions after installing the SP.>This is absolutly the worse autopilot and flight>dirctor simulation I have ever seen.Lol, then you haven't seen their (FeelThere) CitationX' autopilot yet. Absolutely the worst one among commercial add-on planes even after so many service patches. I wonder what stops FeelThere (Vick?) to fix it, just for the interest? It's a fine plane in r/l and nice virtual model after all. If anyone wonders what I mean then just take off and start turning left or right with hdg select, or try to capture the flight path engaging lnav.Angry Dirk. ;)

I think the problem is that FT uses the default FS autopilot with bits and pieces thrown in to compensate for the features the FS autopilot lacks as opposed to say Level-D, PMDG or even PSS that designed their own custom autopilots to guide their birds. The FS autopilot was never designed to handle complex aircraft. I'm guessing basing work around the FS autopilot cuts down development time.

>I think the problem is that FT uses the default FS autopilot>with bits and pieces thrown in to compensate for the features>the FS autopilot lacks as opposed to say Level-D, PMDG or even>PSS that designed their own custom autopilots to guide their>birds. The FS autopilot was never designed to handle complex>aircraft. I'm guessing basing work around the FS autopilot>cuts down development time.Yes, may well be, but LegacyX finally flies quite decently after so many patches. I don't ask for more (of PMDG, Eaglesoft and others quality) , but pls do something for CitationX' autopilot/fm yet, shame. E-Jets are getting much better with the patches and are getting fast, btw. I really hope they'll find some time for CTX and fix it.Dirk.

Does anybody know if Wilco ever intends to release the landing speeds for e190? There are some user files, but these speeds don't actually work (they're in the yellow 'caution' range of the speed tape). Without an official Wilco/Feelthere .pdf we can't determine if something is wrong with the e190 gauge file.I know Feelthere blames Wilco, but man, that does not hold water for very long; certainly not this long. It's been many months since the release of the product and they still haven't released them, and it's not as if publishing these speeds is like updating the systems - it does not require testing.One of the reasons I heard was that Wilco must obtain the rights to publish them first, but they managedto obtain the rightsfor all the other speeds,so that can't possibly be the reason.I've heard all the bad opinions about Wilco/Feelthere (and some of their products are questionable) but the Embraers are so close to being very good. Just one little (but absolutely necessary) chart away... so, so easy to fix!It's just little bits of negligence like this that stop people from trusting them...- daniel

Guest Jeffhew

My own experience with Wilco and FeelThere has not been good either. Again, MY opinions based on MY experience and nothing else .The ERJ was ok but, not without problems. As mentioned earlier, it is a 2nd tier product. The Caravan was so bad that I don't think it's available anymore. Wilco's own marketing states that their Ejet series are not high end aircraft in that they lack the systems modeling and other features we have come to expect from high end "study sims", like those of PMDG and Level D, etc. That's fine. Many folks would prefer an aircraft that they can just fly and have fun in without having to really get into details and huge manuals. I likely wouldn't have a problem with that if what they sold worked as advertised. Often they don't. And while they agree that they don't make high end aircraft, they still attach a VERY high end price. In my personal experience, Wilco/Feelthere has a track record of selling buggy programs, promising fixes, and not following through. If you report an issue, they will, almost without exception, blame:Your systemYour competanceor a hardware manufacturer.I can't recall ever seeing them acknowledge that a bug was their doing and then actually fix it. To be very blunt, my experience has long since led me to conclude that purchasing Wilco products, and some others that I wont mention here because this thread isn't about the others, is akin to trying to milk a dead cow. You're not going to get much, and what you do get will leave a sour taste in your mouth.Regards,JeffBTW, in fairness to Scoob, this isn't personal. He does try very hard to make sure people get help. Unfortunately, he is the exception and not the rule when it comes to Wilco.

>BTW, in fairness to Scoob, this isn't personal. He does try>very hard to make sure people get help. Unfortunately, he is>the exception and not the rule when it comes to Wilco.Very true, Scoob is always there trying to help.Dirk.