Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

Wilco E-Jets released

FeelThere are something of a strange one in the FS world. They have the potential to be one of the top developers, but they always seem to drop the ball when it comes to releasing their products too early and poor customer support. I would put most of their problems down to the very dysfunctional relationship with Wilco.Of course FT products aren't as detailed as the likes of Level-D or PMDG, but then look at the glacial pace these developers work at! It takes years for them to release a product. FT seem to get many more products out of the door, the detail level is enough to satisfy me, and their subject matter interests me.In my opinion FT could become really great if they did a few things:i) Sort out support for their products, and stop directing people to the Wilco website to fill out support request forms.ii) Sort out the mess with forums, it's ludicrous to have locked support forums for your earlier products, and only give customers the ability to post messages in a "non-technical support" forum.iii) Do more beta testing and just add that final bit of polish to the products before they are released instead of releasing multiple service packs every few weeks after the initial product release.iv) Provide MUCH BETTER manuals and documentation.In conclusion, looking at (i)-(iv) above, it is clear that Feel There need to do one thing to sort themselves out:DITCH WILCO AND GET A DECENT PUBLISHER!

>DITCH WILCO AND GET A DECENT PUBLISHER!Absolutely true.About a month ago I purchased the Airbus Vol 2 and immediately noticed that there are some annoying bugs in the FMC (confirmed by others)I reported this via the ackward support form at Wilco.After a few days I got an reply that it was caused by the Navigraph nav-cycle.Any 2 year old baby could tell Navigraph had absolutely nothing to do with the bugs.Also I'm 100% positive others had reported these bugs on previous occasions, but Wilco makes it just appear as if there's nothing wrong with the product.I decided not to buy anything from Feelthere anymore before:- They get rid of Wilco and their rediculous way of support.- They open a normal support forum just like any other vendor.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest kevinwag

Hello Angry DirkWhat is SP and where do I get this download.Thanks Kevin

>What is SP and where do I get this download.kevin:SP5 was released on 02 sept. '08. it is available from wilco -http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_ejetsyou can also download the fully updated version from your wilco download space.ejet support forum -http://forum.iemit.comafter registration read/search/post in 'PIC EMB forum'.--edit: subject line--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>Hello Angry Dirk>>What is SP and where do I get this download.>>Thanks > KevinKevin, pls follow the links posted by Scoob and don't forget to post your impressions after the latest SP when you got a moment.Thanks,Dirk.

>looks like Level-D is now also publsihed by Wilco!It says "Flight1" right on the box. Wilco's just retailing the boxed version.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest kevinwag

>>I purchased the EJETS several months ago and have found it>to>>be very good in alot of ways except the autopilot. By the>way>>I teach this airplane and I am type rated in the Emb 170 and>>Emb 145. This is absolutly the worse autopilot and flight>>dirctor simulation I have ever seen. Does anybody know if>>wilco is ever going to fix this problem. When doing a 45>>degree bank the autopilot can't be used it will not bank>that>>much but when hand flying the LOC can be captured in a 45>>degree bank I have done it.>>>>KEVIN>>>>>>Thank you, Kevin, for your attention to this plane. Pls share>your impressions after installing the SP.>>>This is absolutly the worse autopilot and flight>>dirctor simulation I have ever seen.>>Lol, then you haven't seen their (FeelThere) CitationX'>autopilot yet. Absolutely the worst one among commercial>add-on planes even after so many service patches. I wonder>what stops FeelThere (Vick?) to fix it, just for the interest?>It's a fine plane in r/l and nice virtual model after all. If>anyone wonders what I mean then just take off and start>turning left or right with hdg select, or try to capture the>flight path engaging lnav.>>Angry Dirk. ;)