Sign in to follow this  
Guest kelvind80

Maps

Guest kelvind80

Hi there,Is there anyway I'm able to get the maps of a default airport scenery in fs2004. The reason I ask (and it may be clearer) is because on VATSIM, I'm told to taxi via such and such routing, and my graphics aren't the best tuned, so it's difficult to see the taxiway signs - a map would assist greatly.Many thanks,Kelvin

>Hi there,>>Is there anyway I'm able to get the maps of a default airport>scenery in fs2004. The reason I ask (and it may be clearer) is>because on VATSIM, I'm told to taxi via such and such routing,>and my graphics aren't the best tuned, so it's difficult to>see the taxiway signs - a map would assist greatly.>>Many thanks,>KelvinThis utility might be of value:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchGood luck.

Guest kelvind80

>>Hi there,>>>>Is there anyway I'm able to get the maps of a default>airport>>scenery in fs2004. The reason I ask (and it may be clearer)>is>>because on VATSIM, I'm told to taxi via such and such>routing,>>and my graphics aren't the best tuned, so it's difficult to>>see the taxiway signs - a map would assist greatly.>>>>Many thanks,>>Kelvin>>This utility might be of value:>>http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=Search>>Good luck.>Thank you very much!Kelvin

Guest Jeffhew

Hi Kelvin,You should take a look here:http://www.airnav.com/Just click on airports and then enter the airport identifier. Scroll through the info and you'll usually find the airport diagram on the right side of the page. Sometimes it will be down where the approach plates are indexed. You may find some minor differences if you're dealing with an airport that has seen major renovations since the scenery was developed but, by and large , they are accurate for your needs. If you find that an airport is VERY different, you can look for updated scenery in the library. Alot of folks create new AFCADS and airports to keep up with the real world.With VATSIM, if it's not too busy, you can tell the ground controller you don't have the airport diagram and ask for progressive taxi instructions.Hope this helps.Regards,Jeff

On larger airport, using Radar Contact4, I still have trouble finding my way from a certain gate to the assigned runway. I can NOT find any maps on the internet that show gate locations. Any one know of any such maps? Also, is there ANY way to "stop/suspend" RD4 so that I could use the famous "pink brick road" to find my way from the gate to the runway? Using AES you can follow the van to the gate, but your own your own finding the runway. I KNOW that RC4 shows you a bearing/distance to it but on BIG airports that does not help me too much. I have to stop and pull up the "map" in flightsim 2004 and adjust the size of it until I can see my aircraft and the runway I'm looking for. I know it isn't real, but I'd love to be able to stop RD4 then call up atc and request the "pink brick road and then reactivate RC4. jerrycwo4

I'm confused: would this gauge also work in FS9? (This is the FS2004 Forum, so I can hope can't I?)

Thanks a million. This looks to be just what I've benn looking for for 10 years. It really scared me when it was listed as a "FSX Gauge". Just downloaded it . I'll REALLY be disappointed if it does NOT work in FS2004. Thanks for the tip. jerrycwo4