Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

AI Traffic Sound

Why didn't I think about this earlier? To handle my problem to not be able to shut FSHotSFX down elsewise than I wrote earlier, now I use the the quick move option, and push my plane out of the Demo radius before I close FS. So one problem solved. But how would I do that if I wasn't in demo mode only? I don't know.I did an one hour flight in a Cessna from KVPZ to KDPA with FSPassengers and FSHotSFX running at the same time. It was fun to hear the other Cessnas take off in front of me while I waited, and FSPassengers didn't crash over the entire flight. But I didn't get over 7000 feet neither, so I can't tell what would happen at higher altitudes as xdye described earlier. Did you get any answer from support by the way?Later on in flight, I discovered the new flyby view which replaced my tower view while FSHotSFX is running. I liked that so far.Before turning on final to KDPA being cleared for a visual at KDPA Runway 2R, and at approximately 2800 feet, I had the best fun moment with FSHotSFX so far! You remember when ATC tells you that there is traffic and you have to say you have it in sight or not? Well normally I don't even bother, as it is still boring, but used to answer "Traffic in sight" or "not in in sight" etc. But NOW, wow, there was a 757 probably going to KORD, and I never have been so thrilled by a jet closing up and pulling directly into my path, coming directly towards me, and the sound...! Pure adrenaline. FSHotSFX really makes FS a lot better, also in flight. I start to like more and more, also with its weaknesses.But yeah, if anyone knows what could be the problem with my problem not being able to configure it or click in it, let me know.

Are you using Windows XP? - it doesn't work otherwise...

Like Tom wrote, XP only. With my new PC, I specifically built a dual boot system with both XP and Windows 7 so that I can use FS9 and FSHotSFX in the XP OS. Too bad the support and development was continued on this product as this is one of the best addons for FS9.bene, when you write you can't click on FSHotSFX, I assume you're meaning that with the FSHotSFX window open, you can't click on any of the options? You should be able to move from FSHotSFX screen to screen using the Set button at the top right. I'm trying to remember this from memory as I'm at work now.What I do is I start FSHotSFX before I even start FS9. You can start FSHotSFX while running FS9, but the program will take a few minutes to start working and the first few planes will be silent. Better to start FSHotSFX first.Glad to hear though that you have it sort of working, bene. It does have the WOW factor when it first works.

Edited by WallysWorld

OK thank you for your reply WallysWorld.But still I am wondering why I could not listen to the demo....

Sotiris Stavrakis

Is there a video of this product anywhere? I tried searching on YouTube but couldn't find anything. I'm rather curious to see how much of an impact it makes, but as I run a Vista based machine, I cannot even try it.

KillerK, I think somebody posted a videolink of what FSHotSFX is doing in the FS, earlier in this thread.And by the way, this is what my FSHotSFX looks like on my desktop. And is as said, I can't click on anything, only move it around on my desktop, that's all. Everything is covered by the green banner. I don't know what to do.Sorry, I hope it worked now.