Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Portland - FZ02 - File

I need someone who has the Portland FZ02 package installed to please check their files for me.My virus potection program is saying that a file named rmlbfz02.exe which is in the FlightScenery folder (created during the installation of the Portland package) may be potentially dangerous.The exact alert is as follows:About this Potentially Unwanted ProgramName: Generic PUP.zLocation: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FlightSceneryrmlbfz02.exe---------This may be a false positive - I am just not sure - and for some reason I cannot get unto the Flight scenery support forum to ask if this exe file should be there or not.I have had the Portland package installed for over a year (love it) and do not really know if that exe file has been there all along or if somehow it has just "appeared".Before I "remove" it (as recommended by my security program) I need to know if it is a legitimate part of the Portalnd package.Any help will be greatly appreciated!

It is supposed to be there - your scanner is over-enthusiastic. It happens periodically. Norton has tried to kill the exe installer for the Dreamfleet 727 and the license managers for several addons.DJ

>It is supposed to be there - your scanner is>over-enthusiastic. It happens periodically. Norton has tried>to kill the exe installer for the Dreamfleet 727 and the>license managers for several addons.>>DJThanks - I was just not sure and wanted to check it before I told the program that file can be trusted.Have a great Thanksgiving!

Confirmed Dave, it's a false pos.I had the same trouble with the same file a couple months back with the online scanner from Norton.

Thanks again guys -Just curious - any idea what that exe did or does?Happy Turkey day.

I believe he uses it for configuration/install/uninstall...DJ

David,same happened to me the other day - Avast suddenly reported the said file to be infected. It is not. :)Regards,Jure

Thanks -That makes three different security programs which have reported a false positive on that exe file.Hopefully they all will modify their definitions so it does not happen in the future.

I checked mine with 'Avast' and it was cleared david ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Just did a scan with Ad-Aware 2008 Free and guess what, it says this file is malware, "Win32.TrojanDropper".Gotta love false positives. :(

Mike...