Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Rex Released!

Guest -BeNt-

Only select things that can run through either widefs, simconnect, or equivelent can be run remotely. For instance REX uses simconnect, they have a walk through in the manual for the program. The PMDG MD-11 you can not offload any of it's functions that I am aware of.

Guest Mower

Other than REX what else are you offloading to a server then? Thanx -BeNt- .

Other than REX what else are you offloading to a server then? Thanx -BeNt- .
I have FSCommander (FSUIPC), MovingMap (FSUIPC) and GMap (Simconnect) on the network client PC. Works very well.

Guest -BeNt-

I'm still attempting to get REX off loaded to the server, but I think there are issues with REX stopping me from doing that. Still troubleshooting it. But I use FSWidgets electronic flight bag, FS Commander, Did use ASX now hopefully REX and some other odds and ins. The only thing I have going on the sim machine while flying is the sim, all my other sim utilities if possible go onto my server machine.

Geoffa,Thanks for the offer. I just got off from work early this morning and am going to try a new re-install of REX again.Another thought came to mind about REX while I was at work tonight. I'm just curious...and this isn't meant to be a "slam" of any sort against REX. But I read some posts that said REX pauses FSX for up to 30 seconds about every 30 minutes when it updates the real-world weather. Is this true? Reason I ask is the impact that would have on using it as a real-time weather generator while flying on an online service like VATSIM. It is against policy to "pause" FSX while using these services (without consent of the ATC controller), as it would cause havoc during online sessions. The last thing a controller wants is to sequence you onto an approcah with 3 or 4 other aircraft behind you, then see your flight simulator "pause" for 30 seconds and screw everything up as far as the traffic flows. If this is what REX will do to FSX, then it may not be very "user friendly" for online flying.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

ESPECIALLY since I managed to read a post in your forum saying something about, "Unfortunatly, SimConnect is only compatable with Net 2.0 at this time."
Does that mean REX is not Vista 64 compatible? I haven

Mango,What's holding me back is how visibility is handled in mountainous areas, where I typically VFR between commercial flights :().Can you post some screenshots of vis layers that intersect mountains? This is handled very poorly in ASX and default FSX, with the "hard" edge where the vis layer interfaces with mountain side surfaces.Thanks Mango!Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Mango,What's holding me back is how visibility is handled in mountainous areas, where I typically VFR between commercial flights :().Can you post some screenshots of vis layers that intersect mountains? This is handled very poorly in ASX and default FSX, with the "hard" edge where the vis layer interfaces with mountain side surfaces.Thanks Mango!Noel
Hi Noel, nope sorry i didn't see those layers yet. Maybe i can 'create' one with a fog theme - let my try.

Noel,I cannot post you a picture of how it is handled (because it does not exsist with the REX textures, even when using ASX with REX textures). What this tells me is that the REX developers have somehow changed a texture or textures to get rid of or deal with if you will, the "Flat" visibility layers.And to the poster above who asked about Vista x64 compatability...REX works like a charm under Vista X64. If you cannot install NET 2.0 or above you have other issues with your OS.If you are not sure what version/s of .net framework is installed:type java script:alert(navigator.userAgent) into your browser and hit enteras shown in the attached image the IE 7 User Agent String shows Windows Vista (Windows NT 6.0) has installed .Net 2.0 (.Net CLR 2.0.50727), .Net 3.0 (.Net CLR 3.0.04506) as well as .Net 3.5 framework (.Net CLR 3.5.21022).

type java script:alert(navigator.userAgent) into your browser and hit enter
Thanks, Noel, for the tip. I

Guest dougwells

Well now its my turn to get REX working...!I downloaded the files on Tuesday (had to restart the download as it timed out on Monday). Everything looked fine with files 1-7 where they should be. Went to install today and after a few minutes I get this error during the installation...."The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2349."My gameplan is to delete the original files and re-download them. Now that everyone is not downloading at the same time, perhaps I get a cleaner download. Any other ideas I should be thinking about?Thanks for the reviews of this program. Looks like the wait and the "stress" will be well worth it!