Sign in to follow this  
sac601

Navigation Display Problem 737

I have navigation display problem with my PMDG 737. Maybe it is something very easy to fixe? The line for my route coming from the FMS is all there with fixes and points but my aircraft doesn't seems to follow the line strait. The line of my route is always on the side but my aircraft still pass threw the fixes and points. I just find this annoying. Anyone knows what I can do to fixe this? Also is the best cost index 100 for the 737? I found that .79 is too fast for this aircraft and .78 is the best speed.ThanksAl

The aircraft does not fly the desired track but you still pass threw the fixes? I am having a hard time picturing this in my mind, a screen shot would help a lot.

Dan Downs KCRP

Check what range you have set on the ND. If it is 5 miles, you may see a slight offset off the magenta track. Dinshaw.

How do you take picture of the gages?It is like the next point is at 244 degree and the plane fly at 238 degree. Result is that the line is on the side but goes threw the way points.ThanksAl

Easy Al, just hit print screen at the correct moment, paste it into MS Paint and then save as a Jpeg file so it isn't huge in size. I'm not sure what's causing your problem, a heavy crosswind would be my first guess. A screenie should help.As for the cost index, if depends on airlines and routes and probably some other variables. Search the internet you should be able to find some info. I use lower figures like 20-60 depending on how long the flight is (The lower the flight the lower the cost index for me, not sure how it is in real life).

Cost Index:Big r/w discussion. Some LCCs are lowering their cost index increasing flight time but lowering fuel cost balanced against increasing crew time labor cost, all included in this complex formula. What is not included in CI is nebulous customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction with increased block time affecting carrier choices. Up until recently my sim time has been limited and a CI of 80 to 85 with the 737s have met my needs.

Just on a whim download and install the latest version 3.85 (for FS9) of FSUIPC from here:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlQuite some time ago there was a version out for as very short time that miscalculated some heading information.Unzip the download into a folder and copy to the clipboard FSUIPC.dll. Then go into your FS9\modules folder and rename FSUIPC there to xxFSUIPC.dxx just to keep it handy. Paste into that modules folder the new one. Run a 737 flight and see if there is any improvement.

Guest spools

I'd be interested in the cause of the problems associated with the navigation display as I've had excatly the same problem with the PMDG 737.I'm doubting it's the FSUIPC version, but stranger things have happened.Graham McAllister

Guest fencer88
I have navigation display problem with my PMDG 737. Maybe it is something very easy to fixe? The line for my route coming from the FMS is all there with fixes and points but my aircraft doesn't seems to follow the line strait. The line of my route is always on the side but my aircraft still pass threw the fixes and points. I just find this annoying. Anyone knows what I can do to fixe this? Also is the best cost index 100 for the 737? I found that .79 is too fast for this aircraft and .78 is the best speed.ThanksAl
Hello Al,Before trying anything fancy (FSUIPC ...), just try the registry repair tool :http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exeI could be wrong but it usually does the trick, so it is worth trying...Bruno

Hi,No fuel? Besides the ND, that speed tape doesn't look normal either. I remembered seeing a thread about the same problem on the PFD, did a search and found it, unfortunately the only solution seems to be a reinstall or maybe a repair with the utility mentioned above.One other thing could be the weight units. Make sure that all the weight units are the same in the PMDG menu and the load manager.Best regards

Guest fencer88
Fixed my problem......thanks, it's been a long term problem for me!CheersGraham
Hi Graham,Glad I could help.How about you Al?Cheers,Bruno (very modest) Registry Repair HeroLFPEPS : Re Cost Index. PMDG are very clear about it in their documentation : it is NOT implemented ie it appears in the FMC but the number you input will have no effect whatsoever (unless I've missed something of course....)

PS : Re Cost Index. PMDG are very clear about it in their documentation : it is NOT implemented ie it appears in the FMC but the number you input will have no effect whatsoever (unless I've missed something of course....)
My understanding is that CI wasn't implemented when the 600/700 was released but was for the 800/900 which also updated this for the 600/700.Iain Smith