Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

dome light in vc on md11 not working

Hallo, I have also the smoke-header but no function on Dome-switch.Only functions are with Thunderstorm-on and with EmerLT-on.Bernhard
Bernhard,Can you check in the {FSX}/Effects folder that fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit.fx exists? When the Thunderstorm switch is turned on, normally both Domes and Flood lights turn on. Can you tell if both are on in is it only the floods that you see?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Michael,the fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit.fx exists. It's from 14.05.2008.But I cannot say, if Dome-lights turns on if I switch on the Thunderstormlight.All I can say is, that Domelight-switch shoes absolute no function.I reinstalled MD-11 in FSX without patch and all switches are working ok: with Dome it gets brighter, with EmerLT more brighter and finally with Thunderstorm still more brigher.After the patch with Dome no reaction, with EmerLT brighter, finally with Thunderstorm still more brighter.But honestly I cannot say if with all 3 switches turned on before / after the patch it is the same brightness or not ?? If have no direct comparison.Bernhard

Guest swanrunner

I am using the MD11 for FSX with the update over the orginal install. I have the Smoke System header.Dome light:Small flicker but no light.Thunderstorm:Milky look to the overhead and center pedestal.Emergency Light: Works almost as good as the old dome light but a little dimmer.John Swanson

I am using the MD11 for FSX with the update over the orginal install. I have the Smoke System header.Dome light:Small flicker but no light.Thunderstorm:Milky look to the overhead and center pedestal.Emergency Light: Works almost as good as the old dome light but a little dimmer.John Swanson
John,Trying to understand what is going on here:Turn on the overhead and center pedestal flood lights turning on full (double right-click) the two inner blacks switches on the overhead lights panel labeled "OVH FLOOD" and INSTR & PED FLOOD". Is what you see on the overhead and center pedestal any different from what you see with Thunderstorm switch on? The Emergency Light is working as it is supposed to be (same as "old" dome but a bit dimmer).

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Michael,the fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit.fx exists. It's from 14.05.2008.But I cannot say, if Dome-lights turns on if I switch on the Thunderstormlight.All I can say is, that Domelight-switch shoes absolute no function.I reinstalled MD-11 in FSX without patch and all switches are working ok: with Dome it gets brighter, with EmerLT more brighter and finally with Thunderstorm still more brigher.After the patch with Dome no reaction, with EmerLT brighter, finally with Thunderstorm still more brighter.But honestly I cannot say if with all 3 switches turned on before / after the patch it is the same brightness or not ?? If have no direct comparison.Bernhard and John you are both spot on !!!!Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

It seems we are looking at two different problems here. First let's make clear that this is about the PMDG MD-11 FSX version after the update. Issue #1: No VC Dome lights at all:Check your aircraft.cfg files. If it looks like this:[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobes, 3=Navigation, 4=Cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logolight.0 = 8, -85.231, 23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.1 = 7, -85.231, -23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.2 = 2, -14.500, 0.00, -10.750, fx_PMDG_MD11_LL_Light,light.3 = 9, -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_emerlights,smoke.0 = -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit,then the [sMOKESYSTEM] section header is missing and must be added just before the smoke.0 = ... line.This will fix the problem.If anyone has seen this, please report back and tell us if the PMDG MD-11 FSX was installed as a full installation (new users), or the update patch was applied on top of an existing installation. Issue #2: VC Dome lights, and/or flood lights look awful (compared to the version before the update). We have to wait for Vin to shed some light on that.
Just checking in on this one too:I also have lost the VC Dome lighting after the patch. I have also noted that while the labels on the VC are now more readible, the back lighting to the labels (which is brilliantly done with the graduated luminance) is now more of a 'cold" silver light, whereas before this was a "warmer" (and more realistic to me, although I have never been an an MD11 front office) more yellow lighting. I much prefer the light before the patch.My LIGHTS and SMOKESYSYEM are as this quoted post says they should be, in the aircraft.cfg file.Answering another question further down this thread:By double-clicking (rught) the Overhead black knob, I do see illumination, which then disappears as I move that black knob counter-clockwise, as it should. Still no go though with the Dome button.Thanks- what an awesome a/c this is, I'm totally hooked!!Bruce.

John,Trying to understand what is going on here:Turn on the overhead and center pedestal flood lights turning on full (double right-click) the two inner blacks switches on the overhead lights panel labeled "OVH FLOOD" and INSTR & PED FLOOD". Is what you see on the overhead and center pedestal any different from what you see with Thunderstorm switch on? The Emergency Light is working as it is supposed to be (same as "old" dome but a bit dimmer).
Here is what happens to me starting with all lights off (VC)1. dome lights on: not workingall lights off again2. flood loghts on: working but they are bad especialy the overhead and in the pedestal. The FGS panel flood lights are ok i think and so are the lights in the instrument panel areaall lights off again 3. thunderstorm lights on: working only in the flood lights area (overhead, instrument panel,pedestal no in the FGS). They are badall lights off again 4. emergency lights on: they work, cannot say if they look dimmer, and they look okall lights off againThis time all flood lights on (max)1. dome lights on: there is an enhanced effect only in the floog light area and it is bad (it was described as milky)flood lights on (max)2. thunderstorm lights on: enhanced effect only in the flood light area3. the emergency lights in this case work as beforeall lights off againThis time all flood lights on and dome lights on1. Thunderstorm lights on: no effectHope this helps to find the solution to the problem!Karamitros Ioannis

Guest swanrunner
Michael, With the overhead and center pedestal lights on I am getting the same milky look. Almost no difference,maybe just slightly brighter with thunderstorm. Seems like the honey comb has changed to this milky look after the update. Still some slight honey comb on the instrument panel to the left of the airspeed, but much less than before. The instrument panel flood has improved. John Swanson

Michael, With the overhead and center pedestal lights on I am getting the same milky look. Almost no difference,maybe just slightly brighter with thunderstorm. Seems like the honey comb has changed to this milky look after the update. Still some slight honey comb on the instrument panel to the left of the airspeed, but much less than before. The instrument panel flood has improved. John Swanson
Are people having this problem, as I am, encountered it after the full updated version download as well as the update?Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I hardly come back to the forums anymore, but when I do, it's always because there's a problem.After the latest MD-11 FSX update, I'm reporting precisely what people are saying: absolutely inop dome light switch, and the milky white overheard when using the Emergency light.I'm not a very technical person, so I really do hope there is an update for this that doesn't involve opening and editing CFG files. That's for people who aren't tech savvy, and do we really need to after purchasing an expensive software such as the MD11?Please, get it fixed.Thank you,Tom

Just to add to the general clamour on this subject, I am also experiencing these lighting issues. However, I want to do a little more experimenting before registering anything formal. After all, there is often a nut behind the steering wheel............Stuart B

Yes, I too am having the dome lighting issue after the FSX patch.It seems for now I have to use the EMERGENCY LIGHTS and switch to on...... to get the effect of the dome light.Capn' ozPeter Osborn

Peter Osborn

Anyone having a problem with dome lights can you please post here the [LIGHTS] and [sMOKESYSTEM] section of your aircraft.cfg file?
Dear Michael,Here are the [LIGHTS] and [sMOKESYSTEM] sections of my MD11 aircraft.cfg file you requested:[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobes, 3=Navigation, 4=Cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logolight.0 = 8, -85.231, 23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.1 = 7, -85.231, -23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.2 = 2, -14.500, 0.00, -10.750, fx_PMDG_MD11_LL_Light,light.3 = 9, -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_emerlights,[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit,I 'm facing the same lighting problem also.John

No Dome light too since update... FSX... [LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobes, 3=Navigation, 4=Cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logolight.0 = 8, -85.231, 23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.1 = 7, -85.231, -23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.2 = 2, -14.500, 0.00, -10.750, fx_PMDG_MD11_LL_Light,light.3 = 9, -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_emerlights,[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit,

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO