Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

dome light in vc on md11 not working

I just installed the new update for the MD11 and have noticed the dome light does not work in VC but works in 2D cockpit. The lighting effect is not very good compared to before the update??Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I just installed the new update for the MD11 and have noticed the dome light does not work in VC but works in 2D cockpit. The lighting effect is not very good compared to before the update??Andrew
Hi Andrew,I don't know about the lighting effect of the dome light before vs. after the update as I've only tried the night lighting out now (after the update), but the dome light works both in 2D and VC fully as advertised. I should elaborate and specify that ALL lighting works as advertised in the 2D and VC both for me, as far as I've seen so far. I'm running the MD-11 for FS9 with the update on WinXP SP2.Tim

Is this FSX or FS9 you're seeing this in?
Ryan,I am also having the problem with the dome light not working in the VC. I am flying the FSX version w/Acceleration.However, I think the panel flood lighting effect looks much better...Dave Webster

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Andrew - please sign your FULL NAME, thank you.Is this FSX or FS9 you're seeing this in?
Ryan , the lighting effect with the dome light on while using the VC is terrible. As one person put it in another post "it looks like someone has tipped milk all over the console". Before the update, the dome lighting effect was fantastic now it is shocking. I love the MD11 and it is a shame that after the update the graphics with the lighting are worse. When you look up in the VC to the overhead panel the switches and buttons seemed to be masked in a glare that makes them indistiguishable. I run XP and Vista on the one computer(different hard drives both with FSX installed) both of which have the MD 11 installed. To check just to see I wasn't just imagining this, I fired up the XP. No I'm not imagining anything the night ligting is far superior before the update is applied. The MD 11 is a superb product with no other simulation company coming close to the realism that you guys produce. I know you guys have been working extremely hard on the update but I am little disappointed that the update is a backwards step in regards to this specific issue.Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I have the same issue with the lights in the VC after the update. I think it was detter before. BTW the best modeled aircraft in FSX.Windows XP sp3, FSX AccelKaramitros Ioannis

Ryan , the lighting effect with the dome light on while using the VC is terrible. As one person put it in another post "it looks like someone has tipped milk all over the console". Before the update, the dome lighting effect was fantastic now it is shocking. I love the MD11 and it is a shame that after the update the graphics with the lighting are worse. When you look up in the VC to the overhead panel the switches and buttons seemed to be masked in a glare that makes them indistiguishable. I run XP and Vista on the one computer(different hard drives both with FSX installed) both of which have the MD 11 installed. To check just to see I wasn't just imagining this, I fired up the XP. No I'm not imagining anything the night ligting is far superior before the update is applied. The MD 11 is a superb product with no other simulation company coming close to the realism that you guys produce. I know you guys have been working extremely hard on the update but I am little disappointed that the update is a backwards step in regards to this specific issue.Andrew Dixon
bump

Andrew Dixon

Anyone having a problem with dome lights can you please post here the [LIGHTS] and [sMOKESYSTEM] section of your aircraft.cfg file?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

the lights and smoke section of the cfg file as you requested[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobes, 3=Navigation, 4=Cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logolight.0 = 8, -85.231, 23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.1 = 7, -85.231, -23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.2 = 2, -14.500, 0.00, -10.750, fx_PMDG_MD11_LL_Light,light.3 = 9, -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_emerlights,[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit,karamitros ioannis

HelloI have the same problems with dome light in FSX.My lights-section of aircraft.cfg is the same as the one of karjo, the header in aircraft.cfg says vers. 1.10.0051.If I change the lights-section from the aircraft.cfg before the patch it doesn't go better.Bernhard

09JAN09VERSION 1.10.0051PMDG MD-11F (cargo) for FSX[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobes, 3=Navigation, 4=Cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logolight.0 = 8, -85.231, 23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.1 = 7, -85.231, -23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.2 = 2, -14.500, 0.00, -10.750, fx_PMDG_MD11_LL_Light,light.3 = 9, -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_emerlights,[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit,Using Nvidia 8800GT 512M w/180.48Dave Webster

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Same problem. No dome lights in FSX after MD-11 update. Also textures on overhead panel at night with lighting are awful and at day the labels in the overhead panels are ugly. The buttons have very crisp clear textures why the overhead panels other text are so bad?????This is my only problem with this simulation every other aspects are perfect.Matyas Majzik

It seems we are looking at two different problems here. First let's make clear that this is about the PMDG MD-11 FSX version after the update. Issue #1: No VC Dome lights at all:Check your aircraft.cfg files. If it looks like this:[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobes, 3=Navigation, 4=Cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logolight.0 = 8, -85.231, 23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.1 = 7, -85.231, -23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.2 = 2, -14.500, 0.00, -10.750, fx_PMDG_MD11_LL_Light,light.3 = 9, -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_emerlights,smoke.0 = -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit,then the [sMOKESYSTEM] section header is missing and must be added just before the smoke.0 = ... line.This will fix the problem.If anyone has seen this, please report back and tell us if the PMDG MD-11 FSX was installed as a full installation (new users), or the update patch was applied on top of an existing installation. Issue #2: VC Dome lights, and/or flood lights look awful (compared to the version before the update). We have to wait for Vin to shed some light on that.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

I have the [sMOKESYSTEM] section header but don't have dome lights.Matyas Majzik

It seems we are looking at two different problems here. First let's make clear that this is about the PMDG MD-11 FSX version after the update. Issue #1: No VC Dome lights at all:Check your aircraft.cfg files. If it looks like this:[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobes, 3=Navigation, 4=Cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logolight.0 = 8, -85.231, 23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.1 = 7, -85.231, -23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.2 = 2, -14.500, 0.00, -10.750, fx_PMDG_MD11_LL_Light,light.3 = 9, -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_emerlights,smoke.0 = -7.025, 0.00, 4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit,then the [sMOKESYSTEM] section header is missing and must be added just before the smoke.0 = ... line.This will fix the problem.If anyone has seen this, please report back and tell us if the PMDG MD-11 FSX was installed as a full installation (new users), or the update patch was applied on top of an existing installation. Issue #2: VC Dome lights, and/or flood lights look awful (compared to the version before the update). We have to wait for Vin to shed some light on that.

Hallo, I have also the smoke-header but no function on Dome-switch.Only functions are with Thunderstorm-on and with EmerLT-on.Bernhard