Sign in to follow this  
mole_man

Wilco or Eaglesoft Citation

Was saving up for Wilco Citation X, and now I've noticed Eaglesoft have one.Now I'm all confused!Any thoughts on either. I'm more interested in the VC rather than external model look. Thought the verticle profile in the wilco version looked interesting, and from the screenshots the wilco VC looks a little more slick.

Guest Callmecapt

I've seen both and Wilco is much better overall. Just my opinion.Goran

Guest Callmecapt

I've seen both and Wilco is much better overall. Just my opinion.Goran

Eaglesoft has had a Citation X out for many years. It was recently rebuilt to v2.0 with vastly improved textures, interior, virtual cockpit and a totally new gauge system which includes a fully-functional FMS.I have both. I don't think I need to say which I prefer... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest RichUK

Eaglesoft all the way. Don't get caught up in that Wilco 'stuff'. I have both, and Eaglesoft is by far the most superior in so many ways. Nuff said.Rich.

I prefer to fly VC as well and have both offerings and prefer ES's CX v2.0 by a longshot. The VC in FT's CX just doesn't look finished especially when looking to the sides.

If comparing please be sure to use our CX2.0, not CX1.0 since it is now six years old. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

If comparing please be sure to use our CX2.0, not CX1.0 since it is now six years old. ^_^
Hi Ron,Ver 1.0 may be six years old but I've only had it for about a year. I'd very much like to acquire ver 2.0 but I can't get past the feeling my ver 1.0 purchase was wasted money. Many owners of ver 1.0 had assumed, wrongly it seems, ver 2.0 would be an upgrade and thus discounted. Too bad, but I realize you and your crew put in a lot of hours to make it better, and are entitled to compensation.Jack

Jack, you are correct. We've been very transparent from the beginning of the CX2.0 Project that it is not an upgrade or rebuild.CX2.0 is a completely new project from the ground up and in fact there is nothing shared among the two except a few authentic gauge sounds.Over a years worth of CX1.0 use and still quite usable for a mere $27.95 doesn't strike us as wasted money but we do understand how simmers think.CX2.0 is an in depth, complex simulation with all the features listed on our CX2.0 Page either completed or in process.We are often baffled by simmers expectations that they are some how entitled to two years of hard work, new techniques, and new methods for some pittance. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Oh you Eaglesoft fans have swayed me I think.To Eaglesoft. I very nearly had the Wilco one, because there are a gazillion screenshots of the product. The eaglesoft site has one very dull VC shot at an odd angle.

Register and drop in to our CX2.0 forum for more shots...We hope to redo our website to allow more pix as soon as schedules permit :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Aerohunde

I like both for different reasons. A few observations.... Its a ying and yang thing. (Looks vs Function)The ESDG CX absolutely KILLS the FT/Wilco version in every possible visual way. The VC, gauges, interior, EVERYTHING looks super-sweet in the ESDG plane.It really is a very very nice vc cockpit, and the gauge clarity is the best I've seen.The attention to detail is great, and includes all sorts of neat RW touches, such as the PRE button that allows you to set VOR1 course while still in the FMS mode (nice!)But for me, this plane has some function/programming issues, but to be fair, its not finished, and I eagerly await the NavData update, with hopes that all FMS and autopilot issues will be addressed.Looking over my freshly built pc's application event log reveals that "esdg_citationx.gau" is the sole offender to receive a red "X Error" and cause a crash.The FT plane has its FMS roots all the way back to the ERJ (I assume) - It works, it works well, and it never crashes or does weird stuff... for me anyway.The autopilot works very well.The throttles work very well - the same definitely can not be said about the ESDG "FADEC" stuff. Hard to control, Yoyo's (youll see), and has zero precision.The FT captures LOC and GS every time, no weirdness there - again, the ESDG cant keep up.Basically... everything in the FT works pretty good.It has those really great knobs that right-click for increments of 10deg or 1000 feet - that knob feature should be demanded from every developer.Although, after fooling with both, I have serious doubts about the performance of the FT being accurate.I could go on forever, but the gist of what I'm saying is one looks great, the other works great - Bothe are good and neither is "bad".I really look forward to the final NavData and new autopilot/FMS update for the ESDG - It just might put their plane over the top in both, visuals and function.One last thing.The final bit of a satisfying flight for me is the moment of touch-down. Its a combination of the landing gear dampening and rebound, airframe gyrations-pitch/roll/yaw and of course, sound! Those of you who have mastered landing the CaptainSim F-104 know exactly what I mean. (Grab it for $15 from Flight1 just for the landings - its fantastic!)The FT plane has captured the landing sensation better than the ESDG plane.

... which includes a fully-functional FMS....
That's very good news!I reckon the "Nav Data" update finally has been released after 8 months!Where can I download it?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

That's very good news!I reckon the "Nav Data" update finally has been released after 8 months!Where can I download it?
Not yet. It's very close to being ready for beta testing. Note that the post you quoted was from last January... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator