Sign in to follow this  
slugger

Anyone Tried the New Voice Sets by Nick Schreger?

Guest noneeeee

hi there where can i download this voice pack thx

As others have said Nick, the fantastic amount of work you've put in here is much appreciated.I installed the files using WinZip 7.0 with no problem (except one caused by me - first time I forgot to tick "use folder names"!).One nice touch, if this is possible (could we do it ourselves?) would be for our own pilot voice to sound undistorted, as it would in the cockpit - you don't hear yourself over the radio, do you? This could be by retaining the original files for our chosen pilot voice, using only those files relating to what the pilot would say.Is this possible Nick? Presumably it is something we could do if we knew which files were involved?Iain SmithP.S. This is not to take away the amazing improvement you've made to RCv4!
Well I did it, although it took all afternoon. I had the same problems as others above trying to use Winzip as I use Vista. I downloaded WinRAR and this eventually solved the install problem.As you said, i was initially disappointed as my voice i.e. the pilot's voice was distorted as well. Rather unrealistic. I usually fly the PIC737 and LD767 and use the Graham Jackson voice as the pilot and Dave Collins as co-pilot for both.I searched through the replaced Winwood folders and found that the Graham Jackson pilot voice was folder 62 and Dave Collins pilot voice was folder 86. I renamed these folders as something else and copied the original 62 and 86 folders from the backup folder. Voila, both my voices and the co-pilots voices are not distorted while all the others are. Far more realistic.Be a bit careful finding your favourite voice, as in some cases there are two folders in the Winwood folder for each name, a controller's voice and a pilot's voice. I wasted about half an hour going down this blind alley.One thing I have noted is that Radar Contact now seems to run slower since I have made these changes. I used to get a very quick response to a key push. Now it hangs for seconds, quite frustrating. Perhaps Nick has an explanation for this.Good luck!Chris HallBournemouth, England

One thing I have noted is that Radar Contact now seems to run slower since I have made these changes. I used to get a very quick response to a key push. Now it hangs for seconds, quite frustrating. Perhaps Nick has an explanation for this.
The only reason for this could be that your drive was heavily fragmented, and the many thousand files got spilled all over it wherever there was space. Defrag that drive, and all should be quick and slick again. Defragmenting HDs always had a very high priority on my FS machines as it turned out to be the culprit of many different problems (blurry textures, stutter, long loading times, sound issues...)And regarding those "clean" voices, at leat on an airliner you would never hear it like that in reality. If you want to use it like that, also change the details in the text files in those directories so that you can always see which voice packages are unedited.
hi there where can i download this voice pack thx
AVSIM!

And regarding those "clean" voices, at leat on an airliner you would never hear it like that in reality. If you want to use it like that, also change the details in the text files in those directories so that you can always see which voice packages are unedited.AVSIM!
Many thanks for your prompt reply, Nick.I have flown many hours on a jump seat of a B767 and can assure you that you can hear voices quite clearly. Also, when using a headset on the flightdeck, the distortion from other flight deck occupants is almost zero, while your voices from ATC are pretty realistic. Also, when I fly in a front seat and speak to ATC, the voices in your head are also undistorted.It may help other users to publish a list of names of pilots in order to make it easier for others to find their favourite pilot's names.Excellent add on, many thanks.Chris Hall,Bournemouth, England

Well, in airliners cockpit communication is run via intercom which sounds (depending on the equipment) almost like radio comms, so it's not that unrealistic to have your copilot sound like that. On most systems I have flown with, you hear your own voice as well via the intercom.
Fair enough Nick but I must admit that hasn't come across to me on the videos I've seen filmed in the cockpit. :( Iain Smith

As you said, i was initially disappointed as my voice i.e. the pilot's voice was distorted as well. Rather unrealistic. I usually fly the PIC737 and LD767 and use the Graham Jackson voice as the pilot and Dave Collins as co-pilot for both.I searched through the replaced Winwood folders and found that the Graham Jackson pilot voice was folder 62 and Dave Collins pilot voice was folder 86. I renamed these folders as something else and copied the original 62 and 86 folders from the backup folder. Voila, both my voices and the co-pilots voices are not distorted while all the others are. Far more realistic.Be a bit careful finding your favourite voice, as in some cases there are two folders in the Winwood folder for each name, a controller's voice and a pilot's voice. I wasted about half an hour going down this blind alley.Chris HallBournemouth, England
Thanks Chris. The pilot voice I use is one of yours but I think it's Dale Collins isn't it? Anyway you've given me useful info there so I'll do the same. I haven't noticed any difference in speed since incorporating Nick's files but I used to get a delay anyway, sometimes, particularly at the start of a flight.Iain Smith

Guest noneeeee

well either im stuppid or im just not looking well but i cant find the files in avsim under this name so ahm what name is it under avsimthx

well either im stuppid or im just not looking well but i cant find the files in avsim under this name so ahm what name is it under avsimthx
Search the library for "MeatWater"

Guest brittanydva238

I've always used Geri Jackson's British voice as my pilot's voice.

Having installed Nick's voice set I loaded a saved flight and found that I couldn't hear the voice I had set for my pilot on that flight. My acks were registering but I couldn't hear them. So I had a look afterwards, in the "voices" area and some are missing. It looks like the attached screenshot.When I did a properties check on the backup folder I've made of the original voice set it reports that there are 90,475 files in 61 folders. When I do the same check on the new folders 0 to 98 it reports 81,292 files in 67 folders.There seems to be something wrong here. Where are the missing pilots?Iain Smith

Guest Coxy64

Hi Everybody ( Ammended 19:15 GMT Sun 01/03/09I have just unpacked this package using Winzip 9.0 !I did have some Install problems but I think the problem may be with the first zip.Unless you have the show file extension option checked in Tools/Folder Options/File Types/Advanced/Always Show Extensions in Win XP enabled ,your first Zip should be named mwrc4_vocpack not mwrc4_vocpack.zip as in reality you are renaming it mwrc4_vocpack.zip.zip .I think this is the problem people are experiencing as the instructions say rename the First Zip to mwrc4_vocpack.zip unless you have not done the above just rename it mwrc4_vocpackIn your Route of C: Directory you should have mwrc4_vocpack =Main Zip File with Winzip Icon mwrc4_vocpack.z01=Plain File Icon mwrc4_vocpack.z02=Plain File Icon mwrc4_vocpack.z03=Plain File Icon mwrc4_vocpack.z04=Plain File IconRename your Original Winwood Folder to Winwood.origbak in your Radar Contact Route Folder .Next create a Folder called Winwood in your Radar Contact Route Folder .Next click on the Main Zip File and choose extract and point it to your newly created Winwood Folder in your Radar Contact Route Folder .Now go back to your Winwood.origbak Folder and copy and paste all Folders and Files from Number 99 onwards into the New Winwood Folder you just extracted Nick's New Files too .Now hopefully everything should work OK and you should hear the new voice sets in Radar Contact .I hope this clears up the installation problems that others are having .GaryIpswichUK :(

Erm, we'd see more if we didn't refer to them as "chicks".
As Geri is 65 tomorrow I'm sure she'd be most flattered to be called a 'chick' :)Graham

As Geri is 65 tomorrow I'm sure she'd be most flattered to be called a 'chick' :)Graham
ROFLAs for the "missing" files: I tried to include as many packages as I could find, looks like I missed out one - but this is not really a problem as long as you follow the instructions and MOVE the original files to the backup folder. By just COPYING them, RC might be looking for stuff that ain't there anymore.