Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Kingfish_42

help with "autothumbnail" maker

Has anyone had any luck using the "autothumbmaker" program located in the AVSIM file library? autothumbnail2.zipI have tried to install this on a VISTA 64 system and the install runs to completion, MSFSX asks upon startup whether I want to run the program, and then also asks if I want to add this to the trusted programs. But I find no entry in the top of screen menu and hence can not accomplish the creation of thumbnails. Any help would be appreciated.Kingfish

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Has anyone had any luck using the "autothumbmaker" program located in the AVSIM file library? autothumbnail2.zipI have tried to install this on a VISTA 64 system and the install runs to completion, MSFSX asks upon startup whether I want to run the program, and then also asks if I want to add this to the trusted programs. But I find no entry in the top of screen menu and hence can not accomplish the creation of thumbnails. Any help would be appreciated.Kingfish
I did not know of this file/program but have made lots of "thumbnail" images.......Just take a screengrab - change the screengrab file-name to "thumbnail" and place it in the relevant texture folder.I usually edit the image file to a size of around 350 x 150 pixels and save it is "thumbnail.bmp"

Yup. Open FSX. Select your plane. Hit "Prt Scr". Open Paint( yes ,the lowly Paint. I've even done repaints with it). Hit "Ctrl+V". Crop to just your plane. Save as "thumbnail". Copy and paste to the plane"s texture folder.Bob

I use TWEAKFS - FSX AIRCRAFT TOOLBOX for making any thumbnails plus it has alot of other handy functions for managing your FSX aircraft.

I find no entry in the top of screen menu and hence can not accomplish the creation of thumbnails. Any help would be appreciated.Kingfish
I use it on XP SP2 with FSX SP1 & 2, Kingfish: works flawlessly. I'm at work at the moment, but I think the entry in the menu bar appears under the FSUIPC bar.

Autothumbnail works fine for me on Win XP. Not sure about vista 64.scott s..