Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Does Nhancer help?

Noel, thanks for your quick reply.I am not an expert in computers, the salesman said that the HP m9560.nl will get me the best out of the FSX.I am easy to please,
Hmm, Christiaan . . .I think your new mainboard has a PCI x16 slot, correct? If so, I would think you would need to install an 8800GT with 500mb of GPU ram at a minimum. You will be fine as long as you optimize it as much as possible, and don't have super high expectations. You will run in to trouble with complex addon aircraft, unless you keep some of your settings lower as far as IQ and other issues goes. This is just a guess based on what I think you got.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel,Thanks for your reply, sorry about the long reply.One of the reasons I choose the HP 9560 is the two HD's. Video-adapter, bus 1 PCI-Express 16xAccording to internet the Vidio card GT 130 is a rename/modified version of the 9600 GSO. "You will run in to trouble with complex addon aircraft, unless you keep some of your settings lower as far as IQ and other issues goes"Addon aircraft do you mean AI like EVOLVE AI, or if I fly with a PMDG 747, what lower setting IQ (what do you mean by IQ in FSX ). What issues can I expect, items like adventures, uploading of scenery/airport , texture not clear, stutters due to extreme low frame rates.I just want to fly and see me Airports, Ground Textures, Aircraft (l have bought a lot of these in preparation of installing FSX ) like I do on FS2004.When I installed the FSX with my present computer nVidia GF440 128 Mb I got a few issues that the default airport like EHAM turned blurry, some download AI aircraft (not Aardvark) were white, others had during the day only texture on the day and at night all the textures. As I could not d/l the SP1 & 2 due to the requirements of the video card I remove the FSX and continued with the FS2004.I have basic understanding of computers when it comes to what I have read in NICK's manual, so I am not sure I can do everything he mentions.I presume that I can buy the HP 9560, due to budget reason, as having one built from scratch will probably be more expensive, as people recommend two HD's, and then if necessary, over a period of time change to a stronger nVidia card, without having to replace other hardware parts due to the new card.On the same 2nd HD I will also install the FS2004Info from nVidia internet site for the GT130 (OEM)GPU Engine Specs:Processor Cores 48Graphics Clock (MHz) 500 MHzProcessor Clock (MHz) 1250 MHzTexture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 12 Memory Specs:Memory Clock (MHz) 500 MHzStandard Memory Config 768 MB DDR2Memory Interface Width 192-bit Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 24Feature Support:NVIDIA SLI

Hi Noel,Thanks for your reply, sorry about the long reply.One of the reasons I choose the HP 9560 is the two HD's. Video-adapter, bus 1 PCI-Express 16xAccording to internet the Vidio card GT 130 is a rename/modified version of the 9600 GSO. "You will run in to trouble with complex addon aircraft, unless you keep some of your settings lower as far as IQ and other issues goes"Addon aircraft do you mean AI like EVOLVE AI, or if I fly with a PMDG 747, what lower setting IQ (what do you mean by IQ in FSX ). What issues can I expect, items like adventures, uploading of scenery/airport , texture not clear, stutters due to extreme low frame rates.I just want to fly and see me Airports, Ground Textures, Aircraft (l have bought a lot of these in preparation of installing FSX ) like I do on FS2004.
Hi Christiaan,IQ = Image Quality. FSX needs all the CPU you can give it. Your Q9300 defaults to 2.5Ghz. If you can overclock your FSB to 400, you can get that up to 3Ghz, which will run default aircraft just fine. I don't know what your mainboard and memory are capable of, but it appears you have DDR2 memory and a default FSB of 333. PMDG 747 will be a stretch for you even at 3.0Ghz. If you already bought the HP 9560 you will just have to see how it goes. I think you will need to adjust your sliders down until you get smooth performance. It's good that you have a quad core processor and 4Gb of memory. The GT130 is only about 40% of the performance of an 8800GT. You need a decent power supply for a high end video card too.What is a little troubling is that you bought lots of addons for a platform that is really only middle of the road by today's standards. You have to cut corners somewhere with middle of the road parts, so things like PMDG 747 seems like way too much to me, but who knows--give it a try and see. Yes, underpowered platform with FSX and complex addons will lead to stutters, less than perfect IQ, lower frame rate, etc. Keep your expectations not too high! You can still set it up optimally, but even then, you have to be realistic. You can't use middle of the road parts and expect to keep up with highest end perf. Decide where you want to cut corners.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

295 is useless to FSX.. waste of the 2nd core and shared memory since FSX will not use it285 is not.. 285 is the card of choice for FSX and i7DX10 is its own animal.. all settings are made in the FSX interface .. both AA and AF must be set in the Graphics settings of FSX as Nhancer will have no influence in DX10 mode. The user must remember to set those back as my list shows when running DX9 (uncheck AA and set AF to Trilinear)
I'm inclinded to agree. I have a GTX295. I would have gotten a 4890 but they were not out yet. But other than FSX the GTX295 can't be beat.