Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

747400ER

Winglets?

Now that the 767-300's are starting to fly with winglets does anyone know if we're going to see that addition for the Level-D models?MickeyKLAS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Been asked & answered at the Official Support Forum, Mickey...

Been asked & answered at the Official Support Forum, Mickey...
Daryl, maybe instead of directing us to another website you could just provide an answer to a perfectly fair and apropos question here on the AVSIM forum (where the question has NOT "Been asked & answered")! Thanks. :(

Thanks for the advice. What are you, the AVSIM designated cop?If going to another website is so difficult, perhaps it's time to turn off the computer and go for a walk?To save you the workout: the Level-D 767 will have winglets when the cruise data is available to the developers.

Monitoring 2 foums is a PITA so why not close this one down entirely?By leaving this forum open you DIRECTLY IMPLY that we ask questions here...ya know. ;)

If my memory is correct this site was originaly the PIC767 site.When LEVEL-D was introduced they wanted to close this site down and use the other site ....the OFFICIAL LEVEL-D site.We asked the LEVEL-D team to keep this site going do to plenty off information from the good old days off PIC 767.I could be wrong ,it has been a long time.Bob

Thanks for the advice. What are you, the AVSIM designated cop?If going to another website is so difficult, perhaps it's time to turn off the computer and go for a walk?To save you the workout: the Level-D 767 will have winglets when the cruise data is available to the developers.
Good God, Daryl! Wound up a little tight are we? I certainly didn't mean to upset you, and I most certainly wasn't giving advice. I was asking for a quick answer to a simple, straight-forward question which you had tersely deflected to another website. God forbid anyone should ask a question that has been answered somewhere else in the internet universe! Jeez! Anyway, thank you for the answer. I look forward to Level-D releasing the 767 with winglets. I think it's a great looking aircraft from the pictures I've seen!Justin

Next time you want a NICE answer, try not ending your post with a :(

Next time you want a NICE answer, try not ending your post with a :(
So next time should I put a :( to get a nice answer? Seriously though, I used the smiley guy because I was trying to show I meant no offense. I'm sorry that you felt I was being a jerk. Justin

No, if you don't mean to make fun of someone, then, the next time you should use a smily face... like this: :(This is NOT a smily face, Justin: :( <--ROLLS EYESNor is this: :( <--MADRegardless, emoticons usage aside, it is my job to provide support at the Level-D forums and to guide users who post for support here at AVSIM (which is NOT the support forum) over to the official support forum. I try to offer my support help fairly. If I feel the poster is being respectful, I post in kind. If I feel someone is being disrespectful, I return the favour. :(

No, if you don't mean to make fun of someone, then, the next time you should use a smily face... like this: B) This is NOT a smily face, Justin: :( <--ROLLS EYESNor is this: B) <--MADRegardless, emoticons usage aside, it is my job to provide support at the Level-D forums and to guide users who post for support here at AVSIM (which is NOT the support forum) over to the official support forum. I try to offer my support help fairly. If I feel the poster is being respectful, I post in kind. If I feel someone is being disrespectful, I return the favour. :(
I've been staring at the emoticon for a few minutes, and I showed it to some other people in my office. It just doesn't look like the little guy is sarcastically "Rolling eyes". I don't see how that symbol could possibly denote disrespect. But if that's how you took it, then, again, I apologize. And I will be sure to avoid using it when I intend to be friendly.You can probably see to the left of my posts the designation "Newbie." So I have to ask: What does :( indicate?

I have a 16 year old and 14 year old at home. Believe me when I tell you that when they :( at me, it isn't because they think I know what I am talking about. :( indicates being MELLOW, dude!

I agree with Daryl here about the smilies, that is a rolleyes smilie. I noticed some people (not limited to Avsim) use rolleyes smilies all the time like they are a regular smile smilie, they usually get sharp rude responses back and wonder why. :(

I have a 16 year old and 14 year old at home. Believe me when I tell you that when they :( at me, it isn't because they think I know what I am talking about. :( indicates being MELLOW, dude!
Oh, I'm mellow. But I'm wondering why the guy who flipped out and told me I need to take a walk, called me the forum cop, and took something completely the wrong way is telling me to mellow. Don't forget Daryl, I apologized twice as a gesture of goodwill when you are actually the one who was being a jackass. Perhaps I should be offended at this point. :(

Okay. I did not flip out. I was making a joke about how much time it would take you to click on a link and go to another forum.End of my participation in what has become rather... ummm... overemoticonable.

Hi,Well, every kid I know that rolls their eyes at someone does "NOT" do it with a "SMILE" on their face as the :( clearly shows. So, I think the response by DShutt was just a little over the top. I think its because the Level-D team wants "EVERY" question that pertains to the Level-D 767 to be on their forum and not here at AVSIM.You need to keep one thing in mind as long as this forum exists.This is an "Unofficial Forum", as stated in its title (The Level D 767 and PIC 767 Unofficial Forum). I can see wanting to keep pirates from getting support for issues they may be having with the Level-D aircraft that they obtained illegally, and I think its a good idea to have a forum where purchasers of said aircraft only have access to it. But when someone asks about a future feature and is not requesting product support for a technical issue, I see no reason why it can't be asked/answered here at AVSIM.

I see no reason for this forum at allEvery post is replied to with the following***** Support for Level-D Simulations products is offered ... The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums*****I support the idea of the registered users forum, just don't get the point of this one.

Hi,The original reason for keeping this forum open was to continue support for PIC 767 which Level-D does not support, its an old version of the aircraft, this goes back to the days of Eric Ernest. If you remove this forum, the PIC 767 pilots will have no forum to request help and/or share there PIC-767 experiences.How many people post PIC questions or need help here on the forum? well not many at all, but at least they have a forum. Take it away, and they have nothing.

I see no reason for this forum at allEvery post is replied to with the following***** Support for Level-D Simulations products is offered ... The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums*****I support the idea of the registered users forum, just don't get the point of this one.

Having enjoyed 767 PIC with FS 2000/2002, I had, originally, fully intended to buy it for FS2004.I have a policy of never purchasing software in its first year- until I've read the reviews and in particular, followed the forums to see what problems have been discovered. (Would YOU buy a car in its first year of manufacture??)When I found that the Level D forum was not open to non owners, I made the decision to bypass it and instead, go with PMDG 747.After reading this current AVSIM "unofficial" thread, it's clear I made the right decision.Alex ReidKSFO- Dusk. PMDG 747 Holding R28R

Okay, pile on, boys. Love these AVSIM forums! What started as a simple request to come to the official support forum for news about the 757 has descended into shots from several users who don't own the product... if you are interested in the product, come to the official forum. To set the record straight: the Level-D Support Forums were created to provide support to registered users of the software. We are not hiding anything. If you have questions about the product, post in the General Forum. But, support questions are for the registered forum only.

Hi,I own the product, I purchased the day it was released, as a matter of fact you will find a question from me on your support forum about 3D panning with the mouse.quote name='DShutt' date='Apr 16 2009, 09:14 PM' post='1570807']Okay, pile on, boys. Love these AVSIM forums! What started as a simple request to come to the official support forum for news about the 757 has descended into shots from several users who don't own the product... if you are interested in the product, come to the official forum. To set the record straight: the Level-D Support Forums were created to provide support to registered users of the software. We are not hiding anything. If you have questions about the product, post in the General Forum. But, support questions are for the registered forum only.

Not referring to you, Michael... feeling paranoid? :(

Hi,Nope not paranoid, I feel pretty good actually. Would be feeling better if I was able to use my mouse to pan in the 3D panel though. But who knows maybe I'll be able to find a solution.

Not referring to you, Michael... feeling paranoid? :(

Hi,Nope not paranoid, I feel pretty good actually. Would be feeling better if I was able to use my mouse to pan in the 3D panel though. But who knows maybe I'll be able to find a solution.
Mike, I am not sure if this addresses your issue, but can't you pan in 3D with the mouse if the spacebar is held down?